Reviews for Elegy
Sensoo chapter 9 . 7/4/2010
I very much enjoyed your take on a broken Cousland. "Enjoyed" sounds bad, but the writing and the perspective were good, so I make no apologies.
NuitNuit chapter 9 . 5/1/2010
How have I never reviewed this? You way of crafting a story is just... You leave me speechless, lady. I cannot go on about you enough. The ending with the whole:

There was a great release, as if pieces of me were taken by feathered creatures, towards the corners of the known earth. Tears came unbidden, choking my throat and filling my eyes. I found forgiveness there. Oh, Alistair, in another time, another place - and Death welcomed me, his favoured child.

You paint a vivid picture in mind with a beautiful collage of words.
Aelfwen chapter 9 . 4/28/2010
Beautiful. All the words I had prepared to shower you with were stolen by the other reviewers, so I went for the cliché. ;) I love it. Like an exotic garden––lovingly cared for, diligently tended to, and enthralling to look at. Or read, in this case. I'm very happy to call myself an avid wanderer of author favorites after finding this.

Jee
2278084 chapter 9 . 3/24/2010
Loved it. Well written, well paced, well executed. I'm glad that I randomly found this listed as a favourite on another's profile. I generally shy away from items listed as "angst", as they're almost always overdone, but you control it well. The sudden use of dialogue in part 8 was somewhat jarring, yet not unpleasant.
mille libri chapter 9 . 2/23/2010
Really beautiful. You use language elegantly and precisely.
TanithAeyrs chapter 9 . 2/6/2010
A true wordsmith, you have hammered out a fine tale. The emotions are vivid and heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing.

Tanith
Rinslet chapter 9 . 2/1/2010
Love it. I'm quite happy that you thought of writing about the darker side of being a Warden.
Shadow of Light chapter 9 . 1/25/2010
Beautiful. I don't read many stories on the site, but I'm glad I found yours. Very different perspective to things, well written and extremely thought-provoking. A work to be proud of. :)
Julie5 chapter 9 . 1/25/2010
Wow. That was intense and wonderful and just wow.
Adrienne Valentine chapter 9 . 1/25/2010
I absolutely love this story. It's very powerful, very moving, but short, and that makes it that much more powerful.
Hekateras chapter 9 . 1/25/2010
*sob* Why does everything beautiful have to be so damn depressing?

You have a beautiful way with words. The imagery is eloquent, the phrasing musical and poetic. Thank you for sharing this.
Sagacious Rage chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
Wow I really like this. You're making me not hate the Cousland origin so much. :)
Rinslet chapter 3 . 1/22/2010
I love it. It's short and simple. Keep writing!
Abydos Jackson chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I like this. Short, simple. A lovely glimpse into Cousland's mind.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2