Reviews for Short for a Stormtrooper
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Very touching!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I liked how Dean was helpful and I'm glad the mother was a good sport and paid Dean for his work. John did good to remember to come home with a present, especially so close to Sam going to the other boy's party.
Mizra chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Oh this is adorable. Completely and utterly adorable.

I'm also pretty sure I played with all these same toys as a kid, too. Ah, memory lane!
Oasis Blackmore chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Absolutely fantastic. I'm a huge Weechester fan, as I told sandymg in a review, and she enthusiastically recommended this fic. I'm so glad I took her advice, because I now get to bask in the afterglow of cuteness. You captured the boys' characters and mommy issues and self-sacrifice for each other perfectly, and I grinned the whole time I was reading. Great work.

~ Oasis
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Nice story! Everyone was quite in-character, and I liked the scenario. You wrote the mind of young!Sam perfectly, showing how he really was still a child, despite how much he had been through, with moving around so often and all of that. I think Dean was my favorite part of the story, though -you caught his selflessness perfectly, and this really showed how much he had to sacrifice throughout his youth.
jenilee chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I’m glad that Dean got to be part of the party and helping made him and Sam seem that much less dorky than if he just had to sit in the corner or on the porch while everyone is having fun. If I was Jobes mother I would have invited him in too. Or brought out pizza if he refused. LOL

Very creative of Dean to come up with the zombie game to keep everyone entertained.

I do like that Sam wanted to get the car for Dean. I half expected him to sneak a trade with the shopkeeper for it.

Maybe if they are there for a bit Sam could continue helping Ms. Ann til he has enough to pay for it. Hint...and very unsubtle at that.. LOLOL

I couldn’t decide if John was upset with Dean for buying Sam the light saber or wondering how he came up with the money. Whichever it was, he made up for it by asking Dean if he was too big for a hug.

I’m glad John made it back for Sam’s birthday though.

LOL And being a Star Wars fan I had to chuckle at the “Aren’t you a little short to be a StormTrooper” quote.
sandymg chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
I just can't read this without smiling all the way through it. Just isn't possible. Full disclosure: I had a sneak peak because I beta'd this. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a great window into the normal part of the Winchester clan - an often overlooked arena. They couldn't have grown into the rather amazing characters we all love with some good things happening.

This was one of those better times.

And it was told in a sparse and nonsentimental manner, which just made it sing.