Reviews for Harry Potter and the Useless Rock
kurosakiami01 chapter 11 . 8/14
This story was hilarious! I quite love the nonchalance of pretty much everyone in this xD

Thank you for sharing!
I do so love this 'verse~!
Corwyn chapter 11 . 5/3
Loving this story as well. Thanks for sharing it with us.
jesi ki kage chapter 11 . 1/5
hahahaha I love the end with Crouch Jr. "The fact that you didn't try to steal half the contents of my office" freaking great! While I would be interested in seeing where this story goes, cross-over idea being hilarious, it does have a slight feel of predictability as other than learning the differences between worlds there is currently nothing in Hogwarts that will really throw Harry. Although it will be hilarious seeing peoples reactions to Harry's reactions. Thanks for writing, -Jesi Ki Kage
Cathy99421 chapter 11 . 12/27/2016
ignore all the hate you get for this fic it is awesome, and you know it, I know it, and a lot of other people know too!
OriksGaming chapter 7 . 11/19/2016
I've never been one for Ron bashing, but what you're doing might be even worse. You've essentially thrown out all of his flaws and made him into a very generic and one dimensional character. He knows tons of random things for no apparent reason, is way more tolerant than in canon, and doesn't care about Harry's fame at all despite growing up hearing stories about him- or possibly his mom in this fiction- vanquishing Voldemort. I was cringing the entire time.

Also, what's up with Hermione? Yes, she was intelligent in canon, but by all indications, she was still in the correct grade for her age level. I can understand why you made Harry graduate early, because it set up his going to Hogwarts, but there was absolutely no reason for you to change Hermione in the same way. I could possibly understand if this was a longer fic, and you wanted to set up a romance between two equals in intelligence(even then, I'd balk at the changes you've implemented, but at least I wouldn't think you were crazy for implementing them) but from your summary, I can deduce that it most likely only spans the first year of Hogwarts, if that. There was no reason for you to give her the same situation as Harry- she doesn't need to be some super genius to hold an intelligent conversation or get good grades.

In canon, Neville isn't a genius in herbology before Hogwarts. He might have an affinity for plants, but he's not nearly confident enough to ask his grandmother to get him complicated and advanced books for a subject that she would consider useless. He doesn't become an expert in the subject until Hogwarts and making him one, while not really explaining how he came to be one, is just poor writing.

Going into this story, I expected it to be a For Want of a Nail fiction. It's nothing of the sort, despite the fact that in your summary, you made it sound like the changes would be things that Genesis gaining custody of Harry would cause. A majority of your changes don't make sense at all, and you seem to feel that you need to rip canon to shreds in order to fit the new Harry in. Fun fact: you don't.

It's exponentially more interesting to see how the two different worlds clash and how Harry deals with canon issues and differences between his world and the world of wizards. You don't need to make the characters one dimensional, you don't need to have goblins know random, impossible to know, facts(incidentally, that's one of the biggest and stupidest Harry Potter clichés out there), and you certainly don't need to have Harry solve every problem off the bat or even to seem in control of everything. He's in a new world- frankly, he should be confused and having trouble comprehending everything right off the bat.

All in all, your story is bland, cliché, and mind numbingly boring. It completely failed to meet a single one of my expectations.
Why881992883840002882818839 chapter 11 . 7/19/2016
Pity that this was discontinued, it was quite fun.
L's Cappuccino chapter 11 . 4/27/2016
lol
NatNicole chapter 11 . 4/21/2016
This. Is. AWESOME!
Kuroi Kage Mugetsu chapter 11 . 12/31/2015
Absolutely LOVED that omake section! They should have done that in the book and movie.

Amazing story so far. Looking forward to seeing more if you're still writing.
Mumia0813 chapter 11 . 11/14/2015
lol yay! good dumbles! i love it! more
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
His first three words were definitive. I found that I couldn't hold back a grin, I missed reading FF7 fics and with HP, it could be a win. :))
Mukuro234 chapter 11 . 9/5/2015
XD this fic is so awesome XD I really reply love it
Zarbapha chapter 11 . 7/25/2015
Eh.
Zarbapha chapter 2 . 7/25/2015
Too much useless exposition, too much talking, too much words in one sentence...
Over description is boring.