Reviews for Pamphlet
Jaywings chapter 1 . 3/7/2017
This was really good! I don't think it was confusing at all (though it took me a second to remember which camper "the Love girl" was). I think it fits really well with the game and I love the idea that Oleander WAS touched by Razputin's memorization of the pamphlet, even while he was in the midst of his world-domination plans.
Clemerl chapter 1 . 1/17/2017
I love this. It really felt like you really captured the shear essence of Oleander in every word. The strive to make something that would inspire the next generation and the desires to see them flourish no matter what others say, only to be let down be the poor attitude and lack of drive they would give him. To be forced to try for years to find that one recruit that would even scratch the surface of the joy you feel for your profession, yet only becoming more bitter with each failure. Then, you brought out the real joy he felt from finally meeting the one who could do it. The one kid who would except nothing but the best and allowing him to feel that joy of knowing that it was his own carefully crafted words that saved everyone through this one recruit.
Best of all, you even made the ending feel like something Raz would have said had the coach told him all this. It really made my day.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2016
Oooooh this is so cool! I really liked it, and Raz at the end was really cute.
Gir Crazy chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
This is absolutely wonderful, especially for your first Psychonauts fic! I think you captured Oleanders voice very well. :D
The Great Allie chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
The story itself really flowed. That is, I read from beginning to end without a problem. Upon finishing it, and finding out that Oleander was saying something like this to Raz, and then having Raz respond, makes it sort of feel like a long joke, with the punchline being Raz's off-the-cuff remark and reaction. Like, yeah, he was listening, but he focused in exactly the strangest place. That's what I liked about this story.

Also, you totally got into Oleander's mind for this one. Like, not even playing the levels about his mind. I mean really, I can see him thinking that way. Not with the same words, but that would only matter if it was first-person. It sounded like his thoughts, but not his voice. Does that make sense?

No, it wasn't confusing at all, despite the way I seem to have lost my words. :D
Herr E chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I honestly and truly liked this. It shows the Coach's insanity was not very visible, so that no-one had noticed, and he had the ability to obsess over the Pamphlet, and it wasn't even a brain-tank! Brilliant.
nikki-kun05 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I feel like a loser for not reading this. :(

Anyway, now that I finally did...I gotta say this is excellent. I mean, this is Oleander. It just is. I enjoyed this quite thoroughly...especially the ending. Hee.
Psychic chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I love it! I never really thought for deeply on how much Oleander seemed to care about those words that Raz says at the beginning.
lace chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
you did a great job of capturing a complex character and giving him an internal voice. the prose isn't purple, the facts are canon, and the piece is long enough to get its point across without wearing out its welcome. (also, the grammar is lovely, something that definitely makes the piece a lot easier to read, thank you) fantastic job, I hope to see more Psychonauts stuff from you sometime soon! :)
Chaotic Memory chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I really liked when Oleander mouths the words to what Raz was reciting in the game, because you can see that he was (at least) happy about the memorization. I like the title "Pamphlet", but I won't mind if it is changed.

It wasn't confusing at all, very in character all the way through.

"Oleander: Plane's going down, soldier! Hit that door and geronimo!

Raz: Hey! No one told me to pack a chute!

Oleander: Did Washington have a 'chute when he crossed the Delaware? Just jump, sissy!" - one of my favorite quotes from Oleander!
Seiberwing chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Making unsympathetic characters sympathetic is always difficult, but you've really pulled it off well here. I can see why Oleander would have written from the perspective of a psychic from a nonpsychic family, and why he liked Raz even though he also wanted to build a tank out of him.
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I'm so glad you wrote this, this is really a good story. Oleander's written pretty well, and the joke at the end? Priceless.

Hope you write more here! ...please?
Blazichu chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
That was awesome; I've only seen a handful of fics with an emphasis like this, but you've topped them all. Your characterization of Oleander was wonderful, and I actually had to stop reading when I first saw the words "Mental mojo", because I was laughing so hard at the implication (of course, it was stated two lines later, but it took me a minute to stop laughing and see that).

Thanks for a great read!

~Blazy
BlobIsNotOnFanfictionDotNet chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
JOEMERL I DIDN'T KNOW YOU LIKED PSYCHONAUTS!

This is a brilliant oneshot. I think the characters are perfect, and this is a great insight into Oleander's brain. I love Raz's little comeback at the end, too, what a stinker. I don't find it confusing, either.
ice berries chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
This was a really fantastic fic! I've yet to come across many good Oleander-centric Psychonauts fics, so this was definitely a wonderful find.

I do hope you write more for this fandom. 3