Reviews for This World, This Time
EntilzahIvanova chapter 1 . 2/12
ellenscult,

I truly enjoyed these two stories and wanted to congratulate you for writing such a touching, convincing and genuine tale about two very special best friends. And I loved the sweetly understated irony that for these two well traveled explorers, they become each other's greatest discovery. Thank you for portraying this marvelous journey with such tact, such delightful yet well-wrought details, and without dropping the ball (or Ba'al?) in terms of the overall organic cohesiveness of the story. You strike such a lovely & satisfying balance in all respects.

As you are probably well aware, many people have ventured to spin Jack/Daniel tales (or other FF pairings) from some very creative (and not-so-creative) starting points & angles. Some of these attempts have indeed been highly entertaining, or skillful in just one or two dimensions, so to speak. Yet many others have disregarded the character "blueprints" which, in the case of SG-1, have been clearly established with over 200 episodes. And even more sadly, many fics start out with great promise, only to be abandoned by their "captains" and are consigned to limbo at the bottom of the FF sea.

However, your version is definitely the most organic I have read in terms of preserving both characters' familiar and well-loved chemistry, while "translating" this on-screen dynamic into a believable, compelling & heartening story arc. You built up the story masterfully, bitty step by bitty nuance, like a true Jenga-Master! And this includes the "supporting cast". Each of your stories was so very complete & sufficient unto itself, but I am VERY glad you wrote a sequel.

Might I respectfully suggest that some things arrive in threes? Any chance of a third & final (or not!) sequel?

Best regards! My "cover's" off to you!

Commander Susan Ivanova, En'til'Zah
louisesnape chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
So good ! I love it
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Great story! Really enjoyed it.
Athena13 chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Very much enjoyed this sequel. Great story.
SlytherinIceFaery chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Omg! I lovvvved it! I wish there was more! I love the way you write.
Smittenwhenbitten chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Nice:)
trout1986 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I truly love this story, I have read it many times.

Ruth
clexfan chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
aaaaaahhhh! so beautiful!
yaoinessdotcom chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Great story! I like that, unlike most of the Daniel/Jack fics I have read so far, Jack didn't seem completely mushy and out of character. I love the fact that big, tough Jack O'Neill bottomed for Daniel. I loved the length of the fic. There is only one thing I think could have improved the fic, and that would have been knowing a little bit more about the letter - who it came from, exactly what it said, a few things like that. Other than that, perfect!
Kami No Raijin chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
soooooo touching!
IcePrinceX chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
I had just found this the same night! Sorry about that other review then lol. Another romantic story just loved it! Oh and by the way not all right wingers are homophobes. I'm conservative and gayer than gay... I think lol beside the point. Good story I enjoyed it greatly!

Happy Reading and Writing

Honeybee
Kitson chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Hi,

I really enjoyed both of these fics, I hope you write some more from this world. K
Maara chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Cute! Worth a read!
sentarla chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
liked this series too. Very different twist on how to get jack and daniel together. thanks!
Katsakura chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
good story... hope to read more from you soon!