Reviews for Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Magicherry chapter 24 . 10/19/2012
I think that this is one of my favourite lie to me stories, although I wanted to see a little more romance in the end.

Good job!
pyro-briar chapter 24 . 6/24/2012
Hey, just wanted to say I really enjoyed the story. Im curious if youve thought about writing a sequel for this one? I love the balance of personalities youve found with Cal and Gill. I feel that most people take the characteristics from the show and bring them to too much of an extreme. You found a great way to keep them realistic and highly entertaining. So...personally, I would love to see a sequel. But, even if you dont, it was a true pleasure to read your story. All the best! :-D

Pyro
LadyBigoud chapter 24 . 6/23/2011
Frankly it's a fantastic story... I don't know how to explain why i love it so much! It's a whole thing i guess!

The different characters and their interactions... the evolution of Gillian and Cal to more than friendship... how Gillian deal with her darkness... etc everything is brilliant and well introduced!

I really love the simplicity of the end... tender!

Thank you so much for this fic!
LadyBigoud chapter 8 . 6/22/2011
i thought i only reviewing in the last chapter... but this one is fantastic... OMG i laughed often!

Just sayin'... brilliant!
fhestia chapter 19 . 3/21/2011
I love really good books. And funny thing, the books that really touch my heart, the ones that grab me viscerally and don't let go, I have to buy for myself. I have to own a copy so I can underline and write in the margins and keep those vital and important words close to me.

I also love really good fan fiction, especially in my beloved fandoms. Usually I just read and appreciate, maybe leave a review if it's exceptional, and move on. But I've printed this story. I hope you don't mind. I have underlining and writing in the margins to do. There are parts that were so raw and so true and so affecting that I'll need to read them again and again, in different settings, to absorb everything I need to from this fic.

I'm not sure how you got in my head, but you did. I'm not sure how you knew my history so thoroughly, but that's what the best writers do. They take a commonality, something we all share, and make it absolutely personal.

Thank you for your hard work on this story and for sharing it with us. I can't tell you what it means to me. And as I mentioned, it's great to have a reminder that I've been married to my Cal for 20 years and it's healed all manner of hurts.
KelterSkelter chapter 24 . 3/15/2011
You left the ending a cliffhanger? AHHHH! The story has been unique and fabulous from the very beginning. You did an amazing job with the characters and history of Gillian.

I would love a sequel where they finally do become a couple and maybe Caroline comes for a visit?
lietomebaby chapter 24 . 2/15/2011
I truly love this story. It has taken me several months to finish, but was worth the struggle for the "free" time to read.

You do have a gift. Thanks for the entertainment!
ScullyBones chapter 24 . 2/4/2011
I LOVE this story and CANT WAIT for another update!
SassyCop chapter 24 . 2/4/2011
Sorry I have taken so long to review this! I absolutely loved this story. From the first chapter-all the way through. You captured everything perfectly. Your portrayal of Gillian and her family was spot on and made perfect sense.

I always love a good Gillian centered story and this was one of the best I've ever read! Thanks for giving her a back story that was both earnest and believable. I love the way you characterized her relationship with her father-the fine line between love and hate. It was heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time! It takes an awesome writer to be able to do that!

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this. I know I appreciate it as I'm sure other people here do also. I love all your stuff but this one was definitely my favorite. I hope you'll take on more Gillian centered stories. You capture the character so well...
Cath Cuddy chapter 12 . 2/1/2011
This was awesome! I loved the talking between Caroline and Cal ! And that ending... wow!
Cath Cuddy chapter 11 . 2/1/2011
Promising ending ! Good chapter ;)
Cath Cuddy chapter 10 . 2/1/2011
Even though I want to know Stephen's story I thought she was gonna stay with Cal... xD
Cath Cuddy chapter 9 . 2/1/2011
Good chapter ;) A walk is always good.
Cath Cuddy chapter 8 . 2/1/2011
Oh my! This was brilliant! "Culinary orgasm" was genius !
Cath Cuddy chapter 7 . 1/31/2011
Can't wait to read more ;)