Reviews for Acts of Friendship
The Madman From Hollywood chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
This was wonderful! I love your sense of humor.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
A great story. Very well written.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
This is *really* adorable. I laughed out loud at Feuilly's "if you look like a goddamn reincarnation of Apollo and have your very own hair-halo to prove it, there isn’t much you can do to hide it."

I love your canon with these characters. And now I want to go to the Louvre. I know I mention it on every fic your write, but your Musichetta is all kinds of awesome.
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
So cute! "Did the Greeks put gold leaf on their statues?" *dies* Oh, Musichetta, you are so incredibly awesome. So is Feuilly, for rescuing her when escaping from Musetta. Especially for phrasing it as "Here, go look at the hot naked Greek men while I try to get some work done". And the other girls looking at hot naked Greek men. And Musichetta having participated in a café discussion of the Greek war of Independence because men Greek has to naked at some point *g*. (Sacred Band of Thebes ftw.) and Enjolras doing his best to be charming when he doesn't at all know how but it doesn't matter to Musichetta because he's hot *g*. And Feuilly preferring to have her think he'd rather get laid than give in to the bourgeois oppressors.

This was so much fun!
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
This was adorable. I love the interactions between Musichetta and Feuilly in Passion for the Absolute and A Spot of Arago so this made me smile insanely. I look forward to second chapter. And Musichetta practically swooning because of Enjolras's smile is perfect.
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
If this is what I get for having screaming nightmares, I'll invite the terror into my sleep more often! I love your gruff Feuilly, your warm and witty Musichetta, and your Enjolras who demonstrates that he can be, in fact, a charming young man.

Hurrah for a female character that is funny, practical, intelligent and so warm, without being Sueish or reading like an irritating insert. The fandom needs more about its female characters, and your Musichetta is perfectly placed, given where she comes from socially and her literary interests, to be a figure more to contemporary tastes while at the same time grounded in the right period. Her teasing, sibling like relationship with Feuilly works - as does her perceptiveness regarding what lies beneath the gruffness. And we got to see (or hear) a bit of Musetta in action!

So Feuilly was on to Courfeyrac's pastry-based tricks all along! And loved his irritation with the ABC members who were indulging themselves in horseplay at the can almost reel off a list of who they would have been (and see Combeferre's irritation, if he was present as well). His response to Enjolras works so well - not all the ABC could have fallen instantly head over heels for him. I'm looking forward to seeing how you move from this to the point at the Barricades when Enjolras is so reliant on him - it promises to be an intriguing progression. Their mutual awkwardness in interacting - with Feuilly's studied gruffness and Enjolras stiffly but gamely falling back on those manners that would have been instilled in him in childhood (and no doubt social niceties occasionally reinforced by Combeferre) is utterly engaging, and Musichetta in the middle is perfect. I'm so enjoying seeing Enjolras interact with a woman in fanfic whom he doesn't treat with contempt or ignore (all too common tropes), but rather one to whom he extends formal courtesy