Reviews for Never Argue Morality With A Monk
Guest chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
Aang has taken many lives before. Those soldiers at the Northern Air Temple fell to their deaths when he knocked their machines off the cliffside with his air bending.

He sank and destroyed multiple warships at the North Pole so hundreds of sailors and soldiers died. The Ocean Spirit had control of his mind and actions but still utilized his body as a vessel to act in the physical world also he activated the Avatar State himself to merge forms with the spirit.

He also struck down and killed the buzzard wasp that attacked Momo in the desert. He already saved the lemurcat but still pursued and killed the creature.

Also he has hurled fire benders like rag dolls, overturned tanks, brought down airships and catapulted komdo dragons wiith their riders. I doubt all those soldiers survived.
RobinaRain chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Yeah, go Aang! This story made me laugh quite a few times. At the end I had tears in my eyes, still do actually.
MeLaNch0LYdreams chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
whoa man!
LivingInMyOwnFantasy chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
i love it i am so like aang in this story i love messing with people's minds like that well written nice plot
Afriel chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I'm a free thinker, and I rather believe more in survival of the fittest kind of thing. Like if someone is the strongest or richest, or most connections, or most rhetoric kind of thing, that person would get to rule. So, to me, Aang can basically do most whatever he wants, simply because he is the Avatar, the most powerful being there.

But I like how this story flows, and how it shows the values of Sokka (and most other people then) and Aang. Too bad Aang was the Avatar and the desicion lies with him ulitmately. And that Aang grew up in a Air Temple with philosphy everyday. Sokka can never win
Invaderk chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Ooh, Aangcrates! I liked this. You put an interesting spin on political theory by making it relevant to something we ALL (or, at least, anyone who would ever read this) find interesting! Nice work. :D
things24 chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
XD He IS Socates in this story. It'll be VERY unfortunate if he was killed for that, lol. But Aang is right about widsom.
Hellas chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Nice little story... and I can understand the paradox of Aang's situation.

Btw... a previous friend of mine used to have that saying on msn, yahoo or facebook... 'Wisdom is knowing that you know nothing' and I gotta tell ya... it bugged the heck out of me. Why? Because even though she had that saying everywhere... she hated it when I asked questions to things that already had an accepted answer... I hate hypocrites I guess... :)
randompandattack chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Kind of an interesting coincidence because i had been thinking of writing something like this only with Zuko and Aang, and Zuko would win the argument. Your story was interesting though.

However I don't really think Aang would say anything like that sorry, seemed really OOC to me. Also I don't really think Sokka thinks w/e Aang says is right is right. He agrees with Aang alot (such as the southern raiders episode) but i don't think he automatically thinks hes right. Sorry for the criticism and the long review.
Avare Rose chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I really enjoyed this! I had never thought about the moral authority of the avatar before- if moral goodness is a property which simply exists in the Avatar universe, and the Avatar embodies it, or if the Avatar defines that property. Ethical Realism vs Divine Command Theory, much? Poor Sokka, always contradicting his own character.