Reviews for “Wormholes? Shiny” or “Chuck Versus The Wormhole”
fullhans1 chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
Nice story. The idea of a Jayne-Casey mix-up is really good.
Lion in the Land chapter 3 . 2/25/2010
Nice opening sentences. Brought me right into the scene along with Casey. Nice touch with the "sly sounding grunt" right at the beginning and then Jayne's "begrudging grunt" at the end. Nobody grunts quite like Adam. ;P

River was one of my favorite parts of this chapter with the awesome, and well-directed, head kick and then her quote: "His whispers are different – voices from the past."

"They were trying the 'Alice in Wonderland' approach." - that just CMU. :) I also had to chuckle at Jayne's list of priorities, and I could just picture the glow on his face when he stumbled onto the arsenal. Yet another thing he has in common with his ancestor. I loved the little reference to Canton.

And I must compliment you on Sarah's little speech to Chuck about being proud - it was right on the money. She's always so positive and uplifting to Chuck like that.

I have a couple of questions. Who is: William "B.J." Blazkowicz? And what was with the Chinese? Is that how they write in Firefly? I've never noticed, although I do see what you're saying about the clothing.

Oh man, I canNOT wait to see what happens when Chuck and "Casey" get to the Buy More.

I've had a really long, horrible day :( (passive-aggressive warfare is shockingly exhausting, and I quite frankly don't think I'm very good at it), but this chapter was a ray of sunshine to brighten it a bit. Thanks for that. I don't call you Peach for nothin' ;)

-Lila

P.S. "Even still" :D Coming to you in print very, very soon!
Rakero-chan chapter 3 . 2/25/2010
ONE BIG THING:

I know this is easy to confuse, but all Chinese dialects use the same character system and the same written grammar, except Taiwan (and some of the minorities who have their own written language). The only difference is that mainland China uses simplified characters and Taiwan (and most overseas Chinese communties) use traditional. Traditional is a lot more complicated. Therefore, there is no difference between written Mandarin and written Cantonese.

They are only completely different when you say them out loud.
Brandywine00 chapter 3 . 2/25/2010
Great chapter, Metropolis Kid! And well worth the wait. Nice comparison-yet-contrast between the two switched dopples. Mistaking Simon as the leader - priceless!
The Lord Marbury chapter 2 . 2/21/2010
You got a real shiny story here. Ha! Jayne and Casey got mixed up. Can't wait to see what happens next. :D
TheNowandFutureQueen chapter 2 . 2/11/2010
WOOT! YES! Jayne and Casey SO get accedentally traded. Hysterical. Love the story!
TheNowandFutureQueen chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
This looks like it is going to be AWESOME! Time traveling, worm holes, Chuck, and Firefly? BRILLANCE! Love the begining, am excited to go read chapter 2, and God bless you too!
Arathorn73 chapter 2 . 2/10/2010
Liking the mix-ups and the trends so far. Hope you can continue to keep everything going so well.
jagged1 chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
I really like the idea of this mix up, and you can have a lot of fun with it. I'm not as familiar with the Firefly characters, but it was not confusing in the least. Well written and a great start - thanks!
Alexander Ripley chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Lol poor Casey. Getting abducted by 'aliens' :P
Brandywine00 chapter 2 . 2/6/2010
Getting good. Love the mix-up. This looks to be a turn of events that should cause all manner of confusion! Please update soon!
enderverse chapter 2 . 2/6/2010
I hadn't actually remembered when I read the first chapter that they had an actor in common.
Neurotic-Isopod chapter 2 . 2/5/2010
haha what a fun character mix up!
Lion in the Land chapter 2 . 2/5/2010
The old switcheroo! How did I not see that coming? That is awesome! It is going to be so fun to see the Casey/Jayne reactions.

Nice use of fictional swearing here. Do they have a Firefly Dictionary of Cussing somewhere or do you just listen that closely during episodes. O_o Or did you make some of it up?

I liked how you used the term "land vehicle" when it was from Casey's point of view. Such a simple thing, but effective for reminding us how strange the things on earth must seem to him and the others.

Nice job with the characters again. It was very Sarah-like to give Chuck last minute instructions and warnings and also to be trying to keep him out of danger by ejecting him. Chuck's sharp yelp was spot on - and made me laugh. :D Very Jayne-like to be put out by the thought that he wasn't getting paid for the job. And Mal is once again my favorite. "That they did; that they did." Its like I can just hear his voice the way you write his dialogue.

Great, fun chapter. No complaints from me. :)

-Lila
Brandywine00 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Nice intro to the story, looking forward to seeing how you develop things!
35 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »