Reviews for Chasing Ghosts
Radon65 chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Surprisingly excellent Jack introspection. I like how you projected his longing and not unkind jealousy of Hatter, and I loved the change as he realized why he went through the Looking Glass - to see Alice and reassure himself that everything was worth it and that he could carry on. Charming description of the cafe and the weather, and it was sweet to see Hatter and Alice together, even through Jack's slightly pained eyes. Good point that Jack never saw any real affection between his parents, and I loved the line about walking in white lights at dusk with someone you love could make logic out of nothing. Slightly unsure about the ending - did Hatter really think he saw Jack or not? If he did, I would think he would have mentioned it to Alice. Slightly sad Jack leaving like he did, not to return, but at least his visit gave him heart. And again, sweet Alice and Hatter at the very end.
Daphnium chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
This was so well written and I loved the perspective.
cflat chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Nice Jack POV! Gotta feel a bit sorry for him, though. He may be the King of Wonderland, but he doesn't get the girl, or at least the girl he wants.
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Although I love Hatter/Alice, I sometimes feel so bad for Jack.

And Now Im curious if there is even a Jack/Alice fic; I've never seen one... O.o
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
This was another great glimpse into Jack I think. And I really liked the outside view of Hatter and Alice. We get what is in their heads alot, but rarely do we really get to see how their interactions look on the outside, I suppose.

Wow that doesn't really seem to make sense when I say it like that, but I'm sick so coherency is a little short right now...

Anyway! Yay I got 2 Celia fics when I hadn't realized it. Rock on!
Shelbystar chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
I really like this story from Jack's POV! My only continuity quibble: At the end of the story, Jack is first standing beneath an "unlit" lamp and then a sentence later he steps into the light. It can't be both. I understand the picture you tried to paint here but I think one of the sentences needs to be corrected for continuity's sake. Besides that, I love the characterization of the beleaguered King!
jblockk chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
It's a nice change to read from Jack's point of view while still keeping it Hatter/Alice.

Really liked the writing style. Can't wait to read more from you.
Logan the Awesome chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Good story. I liked the ending, “It’s nothing, love. I just thought I saw a ghost.”

That was a very good line and how you delivered it was brillant. I like how you did the HXA relationship and how you made Jack feel regret. Good story...okay, CRAZY TIME!

OMG! What if it was a ghost? I wonder what will happen to Jack in the end. Maybe he'll never experience love? IDK? Good job!
how does she do it chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
wow! love it! almost no one gives jack some screen time, and this was a wonderful piece. great job!
iPodHeadPhones chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
This was a really nice look at Jack's character-something we don't see a lot of in fic. It made him much more sympathetic than he was at the end of the miniseries (I, for one, had already forgotten about him by the time it ended). Wonderful fic :-D
MlleGigi chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Poor Jack. Even though it's hard to have a ton of sympathy for him, it's clear that he probably does love Alice to the best of his ability...even though one can only assume that his best might not amount to all that much. You almost don't want to imagine what it must have been like for him to grow up with parents like that! Alice is much better off with Hatter, it's true...but Jack deserves to find happiness of his own.
AshmandaLC chapter 1 . 1/20/2010