Reviews for Straight On 'Til Morning
Zetta chapter 2 . 3/28/2010
Amusing and interesting so far- I'd really love to see more of this. I hope you'll be continuing. At the very least, I can't wait to see if everyone will wear their costumes, and I'm anxious to know what McGee is going to be... :)
genevra chapter 2 . 2/22/2010
Oh gosh this is funny. I dont know if that was your intent but funny it is. And well-written, original and interesting. Can't wait for more.
macadoodle3 chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
lol i'm positively DYING to know what mcgee and abby are going as! :D please please pretty please update soon!
PegasusUnbound chapter 2 . 2/18/2010
I'm so happy you're around again! I do so love your stories! I have to say, that italicized part at the very beginning of this chapter was utterly brilliant. I love that way you portray that lingering tension between the characters.

At least the show is starting to hint at possibly addressing what happened over The Summer.

Can't wait for more (as is always the case with the good ones),

Gemcity08 chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
I am so jealous of Cambodia/Vietnam - it sounds absolutely fantastic! What a cool trip. Also, please oh please oh please feed the muse regarding the Ziva/Ducky friendship. I've been craving some of that, and am not seeing nearly enough on my television.

I really liked this chapter, and it has only increased my excitement for further explanation (in addition to providing me with a pretty awesome visual of their costumes - take note, show writers.) You seem to really be getting into why things were/are so weird between the two of them, something that has not been fleshed out on the actual show yet (but something that desperately needs to be shown). Thanks for jump starting my already overactive imagination :)
USAFChief chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
This is starting off very nicely. Hurt, almost somnolent Ziva. Rash, unthinking Tony. Always hyper Abby. Taciturn Gibbs. and forever the probie McGee. Not to mention just Ducky. Its the start of a nice storyline.

Thanks for taking us along for the trip.

mia58 chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
I love the way you captured McGee's still child-like enthusiasm for fantasy games and his attempt at hiding it so as to appear more "grown up".

Tony appears to be in a bit of a dark mood. Am I reading this right? Still can't picture Ziva agreeing to play Tinkerbell. Should be interesting to see her reaction when she's actually in public dressed like that.

Good stuff as usual. Hope you find the time and the focus to update any of your stories soon.
Melissa Rivers chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
Glad that you had a good time away, even if it was exhausting. Good to see the muse is working overtime and that you have many stories to come including this one. Loved the interactions between Tony and McGee and both Ziva and Gibbs catching Tony out with their stealth. Although there's the obvious difficulties in the small glimpses of sadness resulting from Somalia.
tonyfan31970 chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
Love it. Hope I said that on the first chpt but if not, I'm saying it now. Hope you keep writing this one- it's just the kind of FF that hooks me and keeps me searching for more, even when I ought to be doing something else!
M E Wofford chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
I am very happy to see an update on this story.

And a good update.

The McGee/Tony and Tony/Ziva interactions are both funny and heartbreaking.

MORE please
Sashile chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
Okay, you posting is seriously not helping the 'I need to clean my condo before my guest arrives this afternoon' thing.

Short chapter aside, I liked the teasing of McGee, especially the fact that Tony had a point system worked out based on the probie's reactions.

Looking forward to the Halloween party :)

And, of course... omg, updat soon :):)!1!
Gemcity08 chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
LOVE this. Favorite line is definitely "He regrets the words as soon as they come out, but they hang in the air like the look that Ziva sometimes isn’t quite quick enough to hide. Wonder and old ghosts and a hint of regret."

Beautiful. I'm a huge Peter Pan fan, so this is right up my alley. There's a song from an off-off-off Broadway musical(that I don't think was actually ever completed) called "Never never land" that I was just listening to today, and this totally reminded me of that. All about growing up, and how most of us just want to go back to that carefree world of being a kid and believing in fairy tales. Pretty relevant to this story, if you squint! I can point you toward it if you'd like :)
USAFChief chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
You cannot imagine how truly happy it made me to find this today. I am so glad that you are back to writing. I like the way story is starting and I am certain that it will evolve nicely as you take it through the paces.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It's really good to read your stuff again!

wildpeace chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Perhaps it is a little silly to say I love it, but I do. This is why I wanted *you* to write this story for me. Because it's witty and deep and a little melancholic, but full of magic. And I can't *wait* to read more, and see where certain lines end up, and see how the ending...ends.

I'm just glad that house-arrest, for both of us, ended up producing something so..good. And I mean that in the wholly, truly most basic and gracious sense of the word.

Bisous bisous.
zats chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Tony so fits the Peter Pan mold! I remember someone saying that in the show. I have to agree that it will be a challenge to get Ziva in the tinker costume. Can't wait to read more.