Reviews for Losing Each Other
wrappedinharry chapter 19 . 11/25/2014
Truly wonderful story. Thank you for the many hours of enjoyment. Now onto another of your works.

wrappedinharry chapter 18 . 11/25/2014
Very exciting! But I thought the wand in the grave was destroyed by the sunlight. I'll have to go back and read that bit because obviously just the part of Volde's soul died.

I was so hoping Snape wouldn't be a traitor to the Order. But he is still a fugitive. When he spat in Harry's face I thought he really must be though. That's such a foul thing to do. But he had to keep up appearances.

I wonder if Merlin's wand can fix Harry's hand.
wrappedinharry chapter 17 . 11/25/2014
Ooh, I'm too excited to write a lengthy review, so I'll write after the action.

Nice plan of Harry's BTW.

wrappedinharry chapter 16 . 11/25/2014
As soon as Ginny asked Molly to go with her, I knew there was going to be trouble. Oh, dear! Watch out Voldemort. I think you just made a big mistake.

Who was the quidditch referee? The same as last time? He didn't uphold the foul on Ron, but he was going to penalise the Hogwarts team for Ginny's hair clip flashing.

Can't wait to read what happens next.

wrappedinharry chapter 15 . 11/25/2014
So Harry has become hugely powerful. It seems that a witch or wizard's magic is so very often emotion-based. And Snape is one of those four wizards of the age with this power.

Is the reason Harry doesn't want McGonagall know about the Horcrux because he wants to keep its destruction amongst just the four of them? The less who know, the less likelihood word will leak to Volde or one of his DEs but so many people know about the hunt for the horcruxes, surely if word of even that got into the wrong ears it will make Volde take offensive action to protect them, just like in Deathly Hallows. As I said earlier, I was surprised that so many people who had been at Hogwarts under DD as headmaster even knew what Horcruxes were. He removed every reference about them from the library and as far as DD knew Voldemort was the only one to have made a (multiple) Horcrux(es) for many a long century.

I wonder if Madam Hooch is actively trying to sabotage the Hogwart's team's efforts for some reason of her own.

wrappedinharry chapter 14 . 11/24/2014
Wow, Harry's new and improved Patronus can destroy Horcruxes! Seemingly it's as powerful as Fiendfyre and Basilisk's venom. Of course it doesn't just repel Dementors, it destroys them, so I suppose it stands to reason. If sunlight can destroy a horcrux, then Super Prongs can.

I still do not think that every man and his dog should be able to produce a super Patronus though. After all, learning to produce a normal Patronus is beyond many competent wizards; it took a long time for much of the DA to learn to do it and then I don't suppose they all did in the end. And no other wizard (or witch) could reproduce the intensity of or the exact emotions that came into play for Harry when he produced Super Prongs.

Just my thinking obviously.

I suppose it will be possible to defeat Volde once all of the Horcruxes are disposed of (just Nagini left?) if super Prongs is the weapon because Death Eaters (and I have to assume, Voldemort) cannot produce Patronuses as their souls are so steeped in evil. Snape could never produce one while he was on Volde's side but then his undiminished love for Lily enabled him to finally produce his doe Patronus.

And speaking of Snape, I assume he is not coming into the story and therefore will not be vindicated over DD's death or it be proven that he really was one of DD's men?

Also, I am a little confused about why there was a feast in Ginny's honour. It is still the Christmas break isn't it? They have only been back at school for 5 minutes. And when they Flooed back into McGonagall's office, she didn't seem to know about the happenings at the Burrow. If she did, would it have hurt her to say, 'well done, Potter'?

And why, was the feast in Ginny's honour? Harry produced the Patronus. Yes, I know Ginny was his muse as it were, but he didn't get any acknowledgement. And I know he never wants to be acknowledged...

I am loving the romance now they are back together. They are gorgeous together.

Sent from my iPhone
wrappedinharry chapter 12 . 11/24/2014
Ooh, not sure how happy Molly will be with them going back to Hogwarts so soon. Still, if Harry's feeling so positive about getting to another Horcrux, then she won't complain too bitterly, surely.

I was glad to see Molly settle down, though I was a little worried because at first she didn't even seem to be upset that Harry had nearly succumbed to the Dementors. Good ol' Arthur; I was hoping he would rein Molly in.

I am not so sure that what Harry was able to do to the Dementors would be able to be recreated by anyone else. His emotions are his own and they were very powerful emotions too. Surely it was just the right set of circumstances for Harry. If it was that easy, then someone else would have come up with the fiery Patronus before.

I'm probably wrong; i have been about so many other things before now. LOL.

wrappedinharry chapter 11 . 11/24/2014
I laughed out loud when I read this line: "I know magical morons when I see them, with either eye," Moody growled. Hilarious!

Yay, Harry and Ginny are back together with a vengeance. That is if Molly allows them to be. I have to admit, I hate seeing Molly like this. She professes to love Harry until she thinks he is trying to get into her daughter's knickers and then she wishes he was a million miles away and treats him so NOT like a son.

And what? She thinks all her own son's were precious little darlings who would never think of snogging a it seems as if Arthur is firmly on Molly's side; usually he can reason with her when she's being totally unreasonable. Aaargh!

SO, when Harry's magic comes back, it comes back with a vengeance. I am looking forward to your explanation as to why Ginny's Patronus is a phoenix. Dumbledore's Patronus was a phoenix. I am not sure whether I read it in the lexicon or in something JK said, or a fanfic, but I read that to conjure a Patronus that is a magical creature is very rare talent and requires amazing power.

wrappedinharry chapter 10 . 11/23/2014
Fun and games! Wow, how lucky is Harry to still be alive? He really can't take a break, can he?

I am a little confused because Harry lost consciousness and the action was so rapid. Did one of the Order disable to Curses, or did they peter out by themselves because, as Mad Eye said, Volde was probably still young when he set them and not as powerful. And Merlin's wand. Very clever of you to come up with the wand being stolen from the Pendragons and then turned into a Horcrux. And also, the fact that such an article being strongly associated with the light and therefore the Horcrux is pretty unstable. What a shame that they all can't be destroyed by sunlight. Life would be so much easier.

Considering that DD tried very hard to keep any knowledge of Horcruxes from pupils at Hogwarts, I am surprised that so many people know what they are. Moody, yes, because he is one of DD's contempories, but Shacklebolt is relatively young, as is Edward Pendragon if his wife's age is anything to go by. If I'm not mistaken, even Molly and Arthur knew what Horcruxes are.

Still, I must remember, AU!

Lovely to have a chapter from Harry's POV, even as painful as it was.

wrappedinharry chapter 9 . 11/23/2014
Oh, Harry, Harry, Harry! There's that impulsive, foolish Gryffindor bravery. But please tell me he isn't scarred like Mad Eye. Even partly would be too much. And didn't he know about the jinx? I thought Ginny told them what had happened to Elspeth.

I wonder how many Horcruxes you have planted in this AU version. The diary, the ring, the locket, something of Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's?

I am glad Ginny spat the dummy in this chapter. I'd be feeling pretty hard done by too. I am surprised that students can decide when they go home for the holidays. Or are the friends of HP special cases? Or perhaps McGonagall just wants a peaceful life.

SO, it seems that Harry is finally coming to his senses; I wonder for how long.

Lesley

Can't wait to read more.

Lesley.
wrappedinharry chapter 8 . 11/23/2014
Great chapter as usual. Poor Harry. He's not going to pass 7th year at this rate let alone find and destroy Horcruxes. As usual, Hermione seems to be the one doing the solving and as she is also the best at spells, will she have to destroy the Horcruxes as well? So really, it appears as if Harry is superfluous to needs, especially if in your AU story, he isn't a horcrux himself. It's sad to see him as such a mediocre wizard.

Loved your description of the match and Ginny's temper tantrum after. It stinks that the Canon's cheated with the sighting of the snitch. I wonder that their tactics don't win them many games in the professional league. But I suppose all the teams cheat if the Canons do.

The revelations about Elspeth are interesting. Strange though that with that lineage, she is the first one to be sorted into Slytherin.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask. Who is the new DADA teacher, or isn't that information relevant to the plot.

wrappedinharry chapter 7 . 11/23/2014
Loved the chapter. And loved finding out about Elspeth. With the surname Pendragon, it definitely fits that her family was around when Merlin was around. Perhaps King Arthur is one of her ancestors? Very interesting storyline.

I really thought you were going to have Harry missing out on the seeker position. At least Elspeth got on the team.

And loved Ginny's memory of Riddle and his mother's grave. Am a bit confused though because he despised his mother almost as much as his father: because she was a witch, and she was weak because she died; chose death I suppose as well as abandoning her son. Perhaps hiding a Horcrux in her grave was his way of making sure she suffered in the afterlife because of the dark magic being so close. I imagine she was buried in a paupers grave as she died in London and nobody knew who she was. Potter's Field. How ironic!

Though of course, this is AU, so perhaps Tom Riddle doesn't hold his mother in contempt in this fic.
Can't wait to find out.

wrappedinharry chapter 6 . 11/23/2014
Boy, the boy is certainly determined to keep his love at bay. Poor Ginny. And poor, silly Harry too.

Like Ginny, I am on tenterhooks wondering whether Harry will be able to fly well enough to get onto the team. It would be terrible if he couldn't.

I am glad Ginny didn't succumb to the lure of the Skiving Skittles. I wonder why you changed the name. They were Skiving Snack Boxes.

It is 3:20 am here. I am unable to sleep because I have a really bad cold and can't breath when lying down. Glad I have this story to get me through.

wrappedinharry chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
I'm sorry that my last review ended so abruptly; I accidentally hit the 'post review' button before I was finished.

I just wanted to add that I was very surprised to see that you are male. And a Peter to boot; my husband is Peter. But I do not suppose I should be too shocked with the pen name MyGinevra. I wonder if it is the character of GINNY you like so much, or is it Bonnie Wright? Or perhaps both. Bonnie is too tall to be GInny though.

Perhaps you thought I was also male with a name like Lesley, but Lesley with an 'ey' is female and 'ie' is male. At least here in Australia, that tends to be the way of things. And most baby name books say the same. Not sure if the same rule applies in the States obviously.

Now to this chapter: it was a shock to read that so few students returned to Hogwarts. I wonder why the Ravenclaws were even fewer than Gryffindor and Hufflepuff? And the slytherins? Surely they haven't all run off to join Volde! And that poor little new Slytherin...my heart breaks for her.

And if Harry wants to talk to Ginny, why not come to the feast?

I'm off to bed now.

wrappedinharry chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
First of all, thank you so much for your review replies. I have to admit it was a real surprise to see them in my inbox. I know the story is a few years old and it is my experience that reviews don't get replied to if the story isn't current, and even then perhaps not.

I should have taken more notice of your story description, especially the part that said 'AU'. LOL. But now I am fully aware and it will be like reading a whole new HP book.

I'm not sure what Hermione was referring to when she said 'it's exactly what Dumbledore talked about'. It's been a long time since I read HBP, BUT I CANNOT RECALL HIM TALKING ABOUT (sorry about capitals) Harry losing his powers. You'll have to remind me. But of course I remember Tonks being depressed and losing her Metamorphmagus abilities.

I hope his being depressed about Ginny is the only reason his powers are on the wane. Hermione's explanation does have a lot of merit. And of course, his Firebolt mishap happened immediately after Ginny had let slip about Dean.