Reviews for Scars
Best analysis of their childhood I have seen. Including why they seemed so irritated at each other within the beginning of the movie. I couldn't ever imagine Yuri making such a sincere apology, even Flynn, but based on how dependency on Flynn in the past, it goes to show how emotional he can get. Hopefully there is more to come, if you happen to have the time...
OrangepotatoAnon chapter 2 . 7/11/2013
W-will it actually let me post? Nope. I've already reviewed. Alright, I'll post anon.

I was very happy to see that you had updated this story! Sorry you got the flu though! That's never fun.

I really enjoyed this version if chapter two! There was excellent detail and the haracterizations were spot on. I also liked Yuri's jealousy. Very cute and very in character for him, even at a young age.

The scene with Yuri at the Inn was nice too. It really portrayed his character. He wants to help Flynn, no matter what. I also thought it was perfect, yet very sad, with Yuri's aversion to crying. He's learned to be tough.

Fantastic chapter and I can't to read more of the rewritten chapters.

Update (and get well) soon,
talesfan chapter 11 . 3/8/2013
Hello! This is a really cute story. I'm a sucker for a good back story. ;_;
I'm glad you found your way back to the story! I look forward to these new chapters and updates ones!
A Tale Of Brothers chapter 13 . 7/31/2012
pretty good story! Hope ur gonna update soon enough
Xnasha Minstrel chapter 13 . 12/31/2011

I'm new to this Tales fandom, but I'm already in love.

And the way you portrayed their relationship...

My eyes are watering. Anyone have Kleenex?

UPDATE...or I'll Pow Hammer you. :D
David Vermillion chapter 13 . 12/25/2011
Well as a very old (well, not SO old) reader I have to say ... it was more than freaking worth it :) I have to be honest, I thought something happened to you ): and I gave up on looking for new uh updates but now the hope is back and I have to say I love this fanfic so much cuz ... well I had a relationship with a friend that looks like the one yuri and flynn have (had, not have, not anymore xD') and It's very touching and emotional and above all IT'S FUCKING EPIC n_n glad to know you're ok. Keep up the good job xD
OLD Z chapter 13 . 12/23/2011
My face upon seeing this: 3

Oh dear Yuri, you're not quite getting that right I don't think. ( But now he got it out in the open so Flynn can DO SOMETHING! Gah, watching them fight sucks, even if its in fanfiction form. xD

I'm very glad you're back and to hear you've figured things out. )
Aleria leif chapter 13 . 12/22/2011
Don't worry some people read the bold bits when there bored and it was good
orangepotato chapter 13 . 12/21/2011
I was soooo happy when I saw this in my inbox! I literally started cheering!

I'm happy you updated and even more happy that you're back! I hope life started looking up for you. Sometimes you gotta get hit hard, go down deep, only to come back up stronger than ever. I sincerely hope that things are working out better now. :) I'm extremely happy that you're back and kicking.

Anyways, on to the review!

Don't beat yourself up with this chapter. It was an excellent chapter, and no matter how long, I'm always glad to see an update. I loved the confrontation between Flynn and Yuri. There's a lot of pain there and you write it very well. You also did a marvelous job creating the tension in the atmosphere. The only minor problem with this chapter that I saw was there were a few run on sentences. Other than that, this was an amazing chapter!

I really do like how you write the two of them. It's hard to get those deeper emotions down, but you make me feel them to the core.

I'm also interested to see what your planning next. Yuri and Flynn'll have to start healing eventually, but it's sure to be a bumpy emotional ride. I can't wait to read more!

Update again soon and welcome back!

ps:I love reading the author's notes. It's always interesting to see what the author has to say about their life or the chapter. :D I've never heard of the band you're talking about. I just might have to look them up. :) Have a great holiday!
TrueNight chapter 12 . 5/27/2011
TrueNight chapter 11 . 5/27/2011
YES I LOVE IT! OMG! I AM SO EXSITED! is this going to go all yaoi? :3 if so me like me likey alout! XD
orangepotato chapter 12 . 5/24/2011
Woo! Another chapter out! I don't know why my email didn't report this to me, so I was pleasently surprised when I found out you'd updated. XD before I go any further, I'd like to say I'm using my iPod to comment so my spelling might be bad because of the typing style this thing uses.

Anywho, good use of description in thus chapter. I could really feel the emotions the characters had due to your descriptions. I enjoyed the entire chapter but the confrontation between yuri and Flynn was my favorite part. The tension was very clear due to your storytelling, and I always love myself tension, so it was a great part.

Poor guys, they're going through a lot of issues in their relationships, so it's very hard for them. It's been hard for you too so I hope writting is helping you vent and I hop your situations improving too!

O think your metaphor was very smart. I've never thought about it that way before but that's a very wise way to see it. Raven... He's such a wise old man. XD

i really enjoyed this chapter! And I'll have to give that song a listen too, since it sounds like a song I'd like. XD

update as soon as possible and have lots of fun with your friend and on that trip! Can't wait to read more!

Have a great time,

CrimsonStarbird chapter 12 . 5/22/2011
This is absolutely beautiful :)

I love how I know nothing about Tales of Vesperia (except for what you've told me - OLD MAN!), but just from reading this I feel like I know Flynn and Yuri so well! I think you're writing their volatile relationship brilliantly; I'm going through that with someone right now (you can probably guess who) and things like the battle in chapter 11 do happen - one minute it's like everything's back to how it used to be, and then all of a sudden something seemingly-insignificant happens and all the hatred that drove you apart comes rushing back. I can really empathize with both Flynn and Yuri right now, and I think a lot of that is down to your awesome authoryness. I love reading this, and I'm so glad that you've picked it up again!

I can't wait for the Creative Writing Week! Without wanting to sound condescending or anything, you've become so much better at writing since you first started - or since I started reading your stuff - and Ty Newydd is going to be so much fun, writing and improving together :D

David Vermillion chapter 12 . 5/21/2011
"I'm sorry if it's not the best quality, it was another mass-

produced one. ;"...

What the FREAKING HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! Dx IT'S SO FAR THE BEST FREAKING FANFIC I'VE EVER READ.. like srsly D: I luv this fanfic and what you do with it and we share the blade experience... n_n trust me I know what it feels like having a barrier (starting to build a new one xD) ANYWAYS KEEP IT UP :D NO MATTER WHUT I'LL BE READING AND LOVING THIS FANFIC although I dont rly like sad endings I'm sure I'll still love this fanfic ... if it happens to have one xD wich I hope not but anyways thats your decision and I'll luv eet SO BE STRONG X3 Looking forward the next chap x3
orangepotato chapter 11 . 5/15/2011
Woo! I was very happy to see an update waiting in my inbox this morning!

Barbos' gang was named the Blood Alliance, and from what I remember, the twins names were right.

Personally, I feel that it was a decent chapter, especially since you wrote it in three hours and you were pretty much forcing yourself to do it. There are some spots of improvement that I'd recommend, but I'll get to that later.

I enjoyed the beginning a lot, especially since I love some fluff. My question is, is this story going to turn Yaoi or is it going to remain friendship? I'm not sure what your readers would do if you changed it since the summary of the story says it's friendship. I personally wouldn't mind. It could always be that there'll be fluff in it, and perhaps some hints of something more, but it's left up to personal interpretation, because the cute scene you just wrote could be interpreted as yaoi fluff, or just friendship fluff. I thought it was adorable either way. XD

On the note of the beginning, I liked the way you described Yuri shaking off, "like a dog". It's a pretty accurate telling in my opinion. Yuri isn't a pristine character and he has dogish qualities, which is why he seems to get along so well with Repede. :D

With the ending, I'm interested to see how things develop. Obviously their relationship is still not doing better, but some things seem to be improving... some of the time. I'm excited what your plans are for their relationship.

The major problem with this chapter is the run on sentences. It's very possible that you didn't edit this story to the fullest extent because of the time line (and I can't harp on you for not editing things because, haha, I don't edit all the time myself XD) but it's an issue that you should just make yourself aware of for future chapters. If you keep a look out for run on sentences, you'll be fine grammar wise.

The only other problem was Yuri's mood switch. After he lost the battle, he was very angsty (which, given the line of events you've placed in this story, it makes sense) but it seemed fairly random. My guess is that since you were working on producing a chapter, you weren't completely focused on everything. That's fine to do once in awhile, but be aware of how the characters are feeling. To me, Yuri is trying to get over his grudge with Flynn as well, but getting beaten like that only reminded him of his past and brought that hatred back to the surface. I'd edge the psychology of the characters in a little bit more, so their personalities don't appear to change. So, write in a note of Flynn noticing that, as Yuri hit the ground, the excitement that had come with the fight was gone, and something darker replaced it. Just stuff like that to give the reader an indication that a someone's changed moods and that, in turn, gives justification to Yuri's angstyness (if that's a word).

Overall, I'm loving it all so far! You do a great job keeping everyone in character for the most part, and I'm excited, as always to see a chapter! I can't wait to read more of your work soon! Don't worry about delays, it happens to everyone. I know I'll be waiting right here to read the next chapter, whenever you have time to update.

Keep up the amazing work and I hope to see another update soon,

50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »