Reviews for Ascetic
Clarisan chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
So amazing I got shivers while reading the ending.. You portrayed it very well and it even kind of fits even though you didn't know their (HashiMada) real story when you were writing this.. I really like this fic.. thanks for writing it :)
krgsz chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Perfection, complete and utter perfection.

I'll say no more lest I mar such fitting words.
RougeAngleofSatin chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
This is so damn beautiful. You have a talent for metaphors and the like that I should be insanely envious of, but can't be because I'm too impressed.
o p i u m - c a t h a r s i s chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Meh! This is absolutely - unspeakably - marvelous. I loved every line! T.T I envy you! :)
PikaCheeka chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
AMAZING. I love your writing style. It's so very poetic and haunting. Your Madara is impressive. I like how you emphasize how old he is, how he will wait for a new era; you really do manage to catch the sadness of his character. There is something tragic about him and it's difficult to capture in a fanfic, but you did so here. Perfectly. I am faving this fic and I plan on suggesting it to others. Thank you for writing!
Medicinal Biscuit chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
DUDE. Seriously...dude. I'm really glad that you decided to write a story about how Naruto TOTALLY circles around itself as a series. That's exactly the kind of thing I find really fascinating, and there's SO many circles one can interpret. I loved the feeling of this and writing as well. Absolutely beautiful.
slexenskee chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
omfg...wondrous.
coeur de lyon chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
This was very well done. (I particularly enjoyed the Eliot)
coincident chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
The title of this story was what made me know it was good-seriously, you pinned down Madara's characterization in ONE WORD when most writers can't do it in an entire story.

I've just finished reading, and, well...wow. My god. I think I've just had the fortune of stumbling across the freaking BEST writer on this site, no exaggeration in any way. You've earned yourself a stalker, I'm afraid :)

I want to rant about how all-around amazing this is, but I'm sure you'll get enough of that, so I'll just say what I particularly liked and save your valuable bandwidth. The sentences setting up the background of constant war are phenomenally gritty and don't beat around the bush, yet they never allow themselves to become weighed down with sadness, and that establishes Madara's bitter and resentful narrative voice so well. The description of the First Hokage, although it's not really like we know anything about him, painted a great picture too. Reading this, I envisioned an almost Arthurian figure, chivalry and all that, and of course the Mordred-like counterpart in the form of Madara.

Itachi was wonderfully done-a martyr, yet not wholly a sympathetic character. And the interaction between Sasuke and Madara at the end actually made me forget how stupid their interactions seem in canon...

In terms of stylistic merits, well, the metaphors and some of the particularly brusque sentences you use sent chills down my spine.

This story, for me, really brought home how outright epic the founding of Konoha is and how emotionally complex Madara's situation has the potential to be at this point. I loved your writing, loved the characterization, and loved the way you breathed life into an otherwise uninspired canon.

I'm thrilled I found this...stories like this make the entire ridiculous concept of fanfiction seem worthwhile! And when I have time, I'm going to sit down and thoroughly stalk all your other Naruto stories...so, consider yourself warned :)

Thank you for a fantastic read! Please keep writing!
sleepingawake chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Woah...the way you write,is, amazing. Very poignant. I wish I could write as well as you do in such a poetic manner. There is nothing that I can correct(It was too engaging to search for mistakes). And I'm glad you wrote about Madara. There are not enough stories for he, as well as Hashirama.
Amora Journeys chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
You are the first person I've read to really delve into Madara's story and motivations. You've taken the very little we know of the character and have given him life. It's a really captivating read. Loved it.
Kiasarene chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Your brilliance never fails to come through and keep my eyes glazed and captivated. Wonderful work. I wish I could write like you :D This was such a great and imaginative insight into a character who's inter workings we really know very little about.
the Red King chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
very good i love it Like Hashirama and madara Sasuke and Naruto have been chosen by fate to fight but i believe naruto's light is brighter then the First so he will break that Cycle of hatred.
Aishuu chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
This is a gorgeous story - intense and with a complexity for Madara that is riveting. Usually I have little interest in the Founding of Konoha, but this story caught my attention and kept it. Excellent, excellent.