Reviews for Sphinx
NURSE J0Y chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Love it! I love the interaction between the two. Friendly & a bit flirty. There should be more Riddler/Catwoman stories!
Acacia24 chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I loved this.

It's entertaining, it's clever, you captured the characters perfectly. I loved how you described the Riddler strolling around the museum while swinging the cane.
Aliera chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
First, how did I miss this story from you?

I love your Riddler stories.

And I did loved this one! Very very much!

Still I'd so apreciate if you would continue some of them left in cliffangers.

Hugs

Aliera
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
I don't know much about the Riddler other than his very brief appearance in The Long Halloween...and it was unimpressive, to say the least. However, I enjoyed his character here! Quite arrogant and well-to-do, content, unlike many other Arkham villains, to let his henchmen do the dirty work. He's the brains of the outfit, and won't risk a physical confrontation. Selina's musings there at the ending (which need an ellipsis or a change to what another reviewer suggested) made me contrast the Riddler's approach with Joker's in TDK. Sure, Riddler came along for this but solely for the sake of Batman's interference. It wouldn't do to have Bats waiting and catch just simple thugs, would it? Whereas Joker went with the clown thugs because he knew he couldn't trust them to bring back the money, and I'm sure for the sheer adrenaline rush of watching them get picked off one by one. He'd both relish and despise the cruelty and cowardice of those men.

Do you know who he reminds me of here? The Sicilian in The Princess Bride, only minus the incompetence. He's witty and clever, and knows he's outmatched with Catwoman. So why bother fighting? It's not the gem he's after, it's just the game. And making an ally or two can't hurt him, either.

I loved that you used that now infamous Casa Blanca line at the end! That movie, plus Shakespeare and Wilde, pretty much contain all of the memorable quotes of the English language. It little gem of our own to match Selina's :)
MoniBolis chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I LOVE THIS FIC!

You get the charcthers just right.

Pleae do more stories like this one with Catwoman and the Riddler

The Insanity of it All chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
I enjoyed the conflict/friendship between the two, especially seeing that the heist worked out for both of them in the end.

And this line: "I’m almost tempted to say it’s an honor."

...sounded so incredibly like him. Arrogant to a fault. :)
Jan Qin chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
this is the cat's meow - nice one.
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Nice. It's always interesting to see the Rogues interact "in the field" so to speak and this first meeting between Catwoman and Riddler is perfectly in character. I love Eddie's arrogance and the fact that he just lets her have the gem at the end because the chase is more important than the gem.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Absolutely LOVED the way you pulled off 'Sphinx' (and chapter five of 'The Natural Balance, but I'm hoping to hit that review sometime in the next couple days). Seriously, your descriptions are fantastic. Really loved the gem's background, Eddie's entrance, the bits in between dialogue...and of course the dialogue itself. Selina and Eddie were both extremely badass here-'Lina just sort of oozed this tough-as-nails personality while Eddie felt every bit the classy criminal mastermind he is. I was grinning like an idiot between his arrogance and her impatience.

I do have two technical crits, but they're tiny. The first is "every single fundraiser and high-class parties," parties should be singular. The second is "Just think if it would have been the Joker," could be cut down to "Just think if it had been the Joker" for reduced wordiness.

If I have to pick parts that stood out, it's Eddie's dominatrix jab (which made me snicker-DAMN if that man isn't sassy himself :-P) and "Later that night...bone to a dog" (which struck me as particularly in character for Catwoman).

:-D Thanks for writing this, it's awesome!