Reviews for Practice Imperfect
starryjules chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Ok, I'm only halfway through your stories but this is my favorite one so far. Even though it felt a bit random, I am glad they paid homage to Kate on last week's episode. It's good for them to acknowledge her from time to time. I love Kate and Ziva in their own distinct ways, and I love how both interact(ed) with Tony. This one-shot is just a beautiful little insight into the deeper Tony (when he's not being the smart-a$$ that we love). Keep 'em coming!
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Brilliant. Very well written. You have such a way with words and the imagery is amazing. Well done.
foamskyandsea chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
If I'm going to be completely honest with you...I liked and disliked this in the way that only heartbreak stories can cause. There's a certain feeling of admiration for the author who made up this beautiful piece mixed with a feeling of resentment towards the author wondering how you could write something so difficult...So all in all I think it was beautiful.
Randomonium chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
I adore your writing style.

I love the fluid feeling of this, and the way that everything is so clearly expressed without using dialogue. I would LOVE to read a companion fic, and then maybe I will refrain from reading this twenty times over. But then again, probably not. )

With your writing style, something I've noticed in you other stories too, is that it's very elegant and flowing, with quirky word combinations that I absolutely adore. (I may be imagining that last bit, although I don't think so.)

It's beautiful. This story and your style. Thank you.
Melissa Rivers chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I love the closing sentence here. It really resonates after going through the emotional trauma of Tony's loss. I love the little touches and comparisons between the loss of Kate and Ziva. Looking forward to the companion piece with Ziva
X5thAvenueX chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Really really liked this!

"Ziva goes slowly. She stops talking and trusting, starts spinning half-truths and covering for others. She leaves you before she leaves the team. She leaves the team before she really leaves the country.

And then somewhere on the opposite side of earth, where you left her, she leaves the world entirely."

"There’s no terrible instant this time around, just a slow suffocating tangle of sneaking suspicions and phone calls that never come."

"...and the familiar stab of pain whenever you look at the empty chair across from you. You’d forgotten about that part from before."

"Then you maybe tell your boss to make the next agent blonde, and promise, in return, to never fall in love with her." - Love this!

"You know exactly what he means, but perversely decide to take it at face value. So you don’t eat any more chocolate when you get home, but you do get completely shit-faced.

The next day, you don’t pick up your gear."

And especially loved the first and last line!

You should definitely do one for Ziva!
agentscully6 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I like it. YOu added something new to the story with this format. I'd like to see another one from Ziva's POV.
Mooncombo chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
LOVE this! So touching and believable...sniffle,sniffle. Definitely continue with the Ziva piece.
zatl chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
This was really good. :)

I'll be looking for the companion piece :D
Belker chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I really, really liked this. Beautiful text. Wonderful insight.

Fav lines:

Ink On Paper chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
This was neat. I liked the tense. A little overuse of the 's' word, but still very good. My favorite line is, "the really really _ thing about Ziva dying is that you have absolutely no idea what to do when it turns out she's alive." That was perfect.
myeyesareasblueastheocean chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
i wholeheartedly commend you for this fic. very touching. and I like the last sentence. For a while I thought it was AU, but i enjoy that it is canon.
JellyKate1 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Very well-written story. I usually avoid Tiva fic like the plague, but I thought you struck just the right tone to get inside Tony's head without tipping over into boring romance fic. Very vivid description of his thoughts. LOL at Gibbs knowing about the chocolate raids and the photos in the cupboard...is there ANYTHING Gibbs doesn't know?
ncischick09 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Hey! I really enjoyed this 2nd person format! Don't often see it, but I think it worked well, here! Keep going! :)
Pitseleh chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
That was really good, and different from Tony/Ziva stuff I've read before. I like the subtle way in which you let us know Tony is aware of his feelings... Companion coming up, right?