Reviews for The Chasm's Edge
Gustavia chapter 23 . 3/8/2010
Brlliant execution of reveal here. Using Tony and Ziva both in a receptive frame of mind to make Abbey walk the mile in Tim's shoes. This by default makes them walk that mile in those shoes thus rendering the reader to walk the mile in both the shoes of Tim and his team members.

This remains a thought provoking tale of how and why people treat others badly or allow others to treat them unjustly and cruelly.

The old adage of loving, liking, respecting yourself before others can love, like or respect you plays a good part in this story.

Tim from an early age was shown that his feelings have no validity for others. As an adult he believes himself without worth. The way that the team behaves to him at times validates that belief. It is no surprise that he is left in the position of not expressing early on why the actions and words of others have hurt him so deeply.

The other side of the coin here is Abbey.

If one is constantly told that they are so special and gifted and are a cut above all others they start to believe that they are without fault. Knowing that we are not perfect fosters humilty. It is humility that allows one to see how our words and deeds can have a detrimental effect on others.

Abbey in this story has been for too long allowed to bulldoze and treat all with the assumption that all will listen and she is always right. The blame for this lies not just at Abbey's door for having her head turned this way but also at Gibbs' door for not only fostering this behaviour but adopting it. His behaviour and treatment of abbey spills out to others thus ensuring that his team et al also adopt it. In the eyes of Gibbs Abbey does no wrong and when she does it can all be excused by her childlike demeaner and attitude.

Wrong Gibbs Abbey is a grown woman and at the very least is in her early to mid-thirties not mid-teens.

I think this will be a wake up call in more ways than one and could be the catalyist to a far healthier culture in NCIS.

A fantastic slice of fiction that shows the reader that bullying and prejudice is always wrong,no exceptions no excuses. (In this case the prejudice is Abbey always being right and treated as a person for whom there are no faults).

Well written and I await further chapters as and when you can update.
alix33 chapter 23 . 3/8/2010
"Gibbs nodded wordlessly and got up from his chair, heading off to the corner of the yard to search for Jethro, who'd suddenly gone quiet and invisible. Finding him curled up under a rose bush, Gibbs encouraged the dog to follow him back to the house and led him up to Tim." - AW, poor doggy-Jethro! He must be SO confused!
STLFAN chapter 23 . 3/6/2010
Abs better get her act together to get Tim back in the game. And Gibbs is probably gonna tan her hide for opening her mouth. But I hope they all can get through this. Its just gonna take a little heart wrenching honest to do so. Anxious for more.
chelsea1234 chapter 23 . 3/6/2010
WOW! THat was a really epic chapter and I still want more. It's like a book you don't want to put down. Un fortunately someone just took it away from me :( So I hope your working on the next chapter. Please ? Thanks so much. :)
Shelbylou chapter 23 . 3/6/2010
Well all your hard work paid off, I know exactly what you mean with the slaving over a chapter lol.

Fantastic update and can't wait to read more x x
Moon FireStar chapter 22 . 3/1/2010
you so are gonna have him talk to Ziva,right? if anyone would understand daddy issues its her
Gustavia chapter 22 . 2/28/2010
Smartkis this is excellent.

I liked the way you added a new "spin" to the charactors of Gibbs, Tony and Tim. This is a powerful and heartbreaking story that lets the reader walk a mile in the shoes of someone who has a low opinion of their own worth by virtue of the fact that most of their life others have overtly and covertly re-inforced this belief.

The pain and anguish Tim felt at the hands of his father, then later his step-mother and other members of his family had far reaching effects in his adult life. The frat boy behaviour of Tony : The stoic personality of Gibbs : The casual treatment of Tim's emotions by Abbey despite her knowing that Tim loved her then, loves her still and would always love her culminated to bring about this sorry and heat-rending position Tim finds himself in at present.

Excellent work that has been a joy for me to read.

Thank you for sharing and please update as you can.
STLFAN chapter 22 . 2/28/2010
As much as I love Abby, she should make things right with Tim and then quit her job because Gibbs is mad at her actions. Even though Tim forgives her, she will never change and has caused him too much pain. But hey, that could be a whole other story.
chelsea1234 chapter 22 . 2/28/2010
Great chapter. I can't wait to see what happens between Abby and Tim. Thanks :)
STLFAN chapter 21 . 2/18/2010
Did I see light at the end of the tunnel? Is Tim learning to live again? Nice update
JellyKate1 chapter 21 . 2/18/2010
I'll be interested to see how they deal with Abby. I thought that episode where she trashed his new jacket was very petty. Shame Tim's just such a nice guy that he just takes that stuff from her.
chelsea1234 chapter 21 . 2/18/2010
I'm sure if Tim was able to work out his differences with Tiny then he can eventually work them out with Abby as we'll see. Thanks :)
chelsea1234 chapter 20 . 2/17/2010
Oh Poor Timmy! His father is horrible. No wonder he takes any kind of rejection badly. Thanks for the great chapter :)

And thankyou for the thankyou.I hardly did anything and I had fun doing it :)
chelsea1234 chapter 19 . 2/17/2010
That was fantastic. I love the way you incorporated Gibbs into the mix. Now I can't wait to see what else Tim has on his :)
STLFAN chapter 20 . 2/17/2010
That's a heck of a guilt trip to lay on a kid. Great updates.
91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »