Reviews for Love is, Love is Not
Amelia Loves Anime chapter 2 . 12/30/2015
This is a really good story, though it's slightly depressing. I liked your excellent choice in songs. Thank you for writing this.
Amelia Loves Anime chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
I love this story so far, and I really love the song you used! X) Thank you for writing this!
Leone Brion chapter 2 . 6/27/2015
This was so good. I just re-read it and wow. Dammit. It's so sad yet so sweet and realistic at the sane time. And I love realism.
Requiem of memory chapter 2 . 2/19/2013
Wow...Wow,wow,wow.
i'm crying, that story was so sadly beautiful!
The hallelujah song is my favorite, so it's nice that it's there...
amazing doesn't even cover it's sad beauty.
Najix chapter 2 . 10/25/2010
I really, really enjoyed this.

It was very well written, and the subject matter blew my mind away.

I like that you brought out that darker, morose side of Lenalee that we don't see all too often. It fits her quite well, and all the other characters were nicely done and in character.

[ it helped that I'm a LaviYuu fangirl. so I might've squee-d whenever they were together. maybe. ]

Keep it up.
ChOFee chapter 2 . 10/24/2010
Mmm. This has a nice taste. Yummy. :3 Actually, I'm a LaviKanda fan you see, but this was such a wonderful Allena (and the touch of KandaLavi didn't hurt either :P) that I couldn't resist. Not that I wanted to. I think I love your writing style. :D
Ixde chapter 2 . 4/14/2010
Really a nice job,i enjoyed every single part of the two chapters...but the ending sentence was absolutely fantastic,it actually made me shiver.
xxbeni.music.soul chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Le gasp~~

So many yummylicious Allenas in a row... it can't be healthy D:

Teehee, but seriously, I'm so wonderfully surprised at this... I was expecting a fairytalish romance (as it usually is between those two) but this baby was one heck of an 180ยบ. And I. Loved it. *hearts*

The KanLena interactions were so deliciously spot on, I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed them... almost if not more than the Allena itself )

Total win.

xxbeni.
Bokunenjin chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
Omg. MUPPET.

I can see that interchange SO well it actually hurts. Kudos on making me laugh out loud for real.

I loved the very realistic side of love you took and the destruction it can cause. Not many people are daring enough or know how to pull it off well. I can't wait to get to writing that part myself. Good job!
Neko-sama no Kokoro chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
I stand by what I said after reading the first chapter, Toss: this is one of the best fics I've read for the DGM fandom. I'd been a bit scared to read the angsty chapter, and it was indeed very sad, but it was just a good as the first chapter - in a different way. Where the first part was fluff done right, the second was in-character and realistic conflict, and they combined to create a well-balanced fic that was very enjoyable to read.

I really enjoy how you wrote the Lenalee-Allen conflict; I could see that being an issue between them. I did have a bit of a problem with the way Lenalee stopped talking to Allen, but I can't say it was wrong or anything (maybe a bit exaggerated?) - it was still in-character, and it was somewhat resolved by the revelation that she'd been changing for the worse later. You really did a great job with those characters, Toss; I don't know how you did that and wrote this so quickly as well! That's amazing!

Timcanpy is the best character in this fic. His antics brought a smile to my face even in some of the most depressing scenes (well, when he was in them).

I'm not sure if this could be called criticism, but the part I didn't really like was Kanda's and Lenalee's friendship. Again, it was still well-written and realistic, but it didn't really appear to have any... flaws, I guess? In contrast to Allen and Lenalee, who had some problems they had to work out, Kanda was portrayed as Lenalee's best friend who was always there and in the right way. I think that could have used a bit more balance - it's just a matter of opinion and how we view the characters and their relationships, but I think it would have been nice to see Lenalee get frustrated at Kanda for his own flaws that affect their friendship, too. As it was, I couldn't fault Allen for being jealous, and I was a bit surprised he wasn't worse in the second chapter. :P

I can't believe you killed Timothy! Very emotional scenes around that, and so well-written. He was a good choice for a character who would affect the readers but wouldn't be too much and make the angst feel exaggerated. I bet some Timothy-haters felt sad at that scene. :3

The other thing I was a bit unhappy about was the ending... which is strange, because it was so GOOD! But after the conflict between Allen and Lenalee in this chapter, I would have liked to see more of a resolution there. It's your choice, because you did give them one, and it was good. However, since their relationship was the focus of the story, I was a bit sad not to see them more together than Allen having his arm around her waist and Lenalee being happy about that. It felt a bit incomplete to me as it was.

...I've spent two big paragraphs on things I didn't like. But I really want to emphasize how much I LIKED this. It was so well-written, so in-character, and so realistic (even though I hope DGM doesn't take this route, because it's just so sad!). I'm still in awe that you could write so much so quickly and act like it's nothing. This fic is amazing, Toss!
Pup-Ashbless chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
I think the thing I liked about this chapter was the depth of faith humanity decides to believe in. One never knows just how much faith one can/is suppose to have and if it's even worth getting hopes up for something that will hurt so much. I think you did a good job conveying how people, particulaty Lenalee and Allen react to that. Lenalee's not the most optimistic character in those terms (probably why she can appear plastic sometimes) but still always the fighter. Where as Allen is just the little troper and keeps marching on with his (spiritual) beliefs no matter what anyone thinks because it's what he feels like (or thinks he should be) doing.

Another thing that clicked for me was the romanitc relationship between Allen and Lenalee and how much work it can be to not just love someone, but keep showing and improving that love without giving up during the down times. It's particulary harsh during something suffocating like war but I'm glad those two kept at it. D

Anyway, good read Tossino.
zignaoozm chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Wow, I've never liked stories with the slightest bit of angst, but that was amazing, the depth was amazing. I was sad it ended.
Darklight0303 chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Oh god this second part really played my heartstrings like a pro.

Your skill is simply INHUMAN. looking forward to your future works
Morphine Dementia chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Oh and, I forgot to mention that I also totally loved how Allen is the only one who still believes in God.. It seems to fit them, somewhat.

Brilliant work once again.
Pensulliwen chapter 2 . 1/28/2010
I sunk into depression while reading this, and then just barely managed to avoid being stuck in it by the end. Really, really powerful writing, I felt just as hopeless as Lenalee while reading this. As such, I'm very glad that you ended it on a somewhat happy note. Great story.