Reviews for Love is, Love is Not
JeneeUni chapter 2 . 6/27
This was so good. I just re-read it and wow. Dammit. It's so sad yet so sweet and realistic at the sane time. And I love realism.
Requiem of memory chapter 2 . 2/19/2013
Wow...Wow,wow,wow.
i'm crying, that story was so sadly beautiful!
The hallelujah song is my favorite, so it's nice that it's there...
amazing doesn't even cover it's sad beauty.
Najix chapter 2 . 10/25/2010
I really, really enjoyed this.

It was very well written, and the subject matter blew my mind away.

I like that you brought out that darker, morose side of Lenalee that we don't see all too often. It fits her quite well, and all the other characters were nicely done and in character.

[ it helped that I'm a LaviYuu fangirl. so I might've squee-d whenever they were together. maybe. ]

Keep it up.
ChOFee chapter 2 . 10/24/2010
Mmm. This has a nice taste. Yummy. :3 Actually, I'm a LaviKanda fan you see, but this was such a wonderful Allena (and the touch of KandaLavi didn't hurt either :P) that I couldn't resist. Not that I wanted to. I think I love your writing style. :D
Ixde chapter 2 . 4/14/2010
Really a nice job,i enjoyed every single part of the two chapters...but the ending sentence was absolutely fantastic,it actually made me shiver.
xxbeni.music.soul chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Le gasp~~

So many yummylicious Allenas in a row... it can't be healthy D:

Teehee, but seriously, I'm so wonderfully surprised at this... I was expecting a fairytalish romance (as it usually is between those two) but this baby was one heck of an 180ยบ. And I. Loved it. *hearts*

The KanLena interactions were so deliciously spot on, I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed them... almost if not more than the Allena itself )

Total win.

xxbeni.
Bokunenjin chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
Omg. MUPPET.

I can see that interchange SO well it actually hurts. Kudos on making me laugh out loud for real.

I loved the very realistic side of love you took and the destruction it can cause. Not many people are daring enough or know how to pull it off well. I can't wait to get to writing that part myself. Good job!
Neko-sama no Kokoro chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
I stand by what I said after reading the first chapter, Toss: this is one of the best fics I've read for the DGM fandom. I'd been a bit scared to read the angsty chapter, and it was indeed very sad, but it was just a good as the first chapter - in a different way. Where the first part was fluff done right, the second was in-character and realistic conflict, and they combined to create a well-balanced fic that was very enjoyable to read.

I really enjoy how you wrote the Lenalee-Allen conflict; I could see that being an issue between them. I did have a bit of a problem with the way Lenalee stopped talking to Allen, but I can't say it was wrong or anything (maybe a bit exaggerated?) - it was still in-character, and it was somewhat resolved by the revelation that she'd been changing for the worse later. You really did a great job with those characters, Toss; I don't know how you did that and wrote this so quickly as well! That's amazing!

Timcanpy is the best character in this fic. His antics brought a smile to my face even in some of the most depressing scenes (well, when he was in them).

I'm not sure if this could be called criticism, but the part I didn't really like was Kanda's and Lenalee's friendship. Again, it was still well-written and realistic, but it didn't really appear to have any... flaws, I guess? In contrast to Allen and Lenalee, who had some problems they had to work out, Kanda was portrayed as Lenalee's best friend who was always there and in the right way. I think that could have used a bit more balance - it's just a matter of opinion and how we view the characters and their relationships, but I think it would have been nice to see Lenalee get frustrated at Kanda for his own flaws that affect their friendship, too. As it was, I couldn't fault Allen for being jealous, and I was a bit surprised he wasn't worse in the second chapter. :P

I can't believe you killed Timothy! Very emotional scenes around that, and so well-written. He was a good choice for a character who would affect the readers but wouldn't be too much and make the angst feel exaggerated. I bet some Timothy-haters felt sad at that scene. :3

The other thing I was a bit unhappy about was the ending... which is strange, because it was so GOOD! But after the conflict between Allen and Lenalee in this chapter, I would have liked to see more of a resolution there. It's your choice, because you did give them one, and it was good. However, since their relationship was the focus of the story, I was a bit sad not to see them more together than Allen having his arm around her waist and Lenalee being happy about that. It felt a bit incomplete to me as it was.

...I've spent two big paragraphs on things I didn't like. But I really want to emphasize how much I LIKED this. It was so well-written, so in-character, and so realistic (even though I hope DGM doesn't take this route, because it's just so sad!). I'm still in awe that you could write so much so quickly and act like it's nothing. This fic is amazing, Toss!
Pup-Ashbless chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
I think the thing I liked about this chapter was the depth of faith humanity decides to believe in. One never knows just how much faith one can/is suppose to have and if it's even worth getting hopes up for something that will hurt so much. I think you did a good job conveying how people, particulaty Lenalee and Allen react to that. Lenalee's not the most optimistic character in those terms (probably why she can appear plastic sometimes) but still always the fighter. Where as Allen is just the little troper and keeps marching on with his (spiritual) beliefs no matter what anyone thinks because it's what he feels like (or thinks he should be) doing.

Another thing that clicked for me was the romanitc relationship between Allen and Lenalee and how much work it can be to not just love someone, but keep showing and improving that love without giving up during the down times. It's particulary harsh during something suffocating like war but I'm glad those two kept at it. D

Anyway, good read Tossino.
zignaoozm chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Wow, I've never liked stories with the slightest bit of angst, but that was amazing, the depth was amazing. I was sad it ended.
Darklight0303 chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Oh god this second part really played my heartstrings like a pro.

Your skill is simply INHUMAN. looking forward to your future works
Morphine Dementia chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Oh and, I forgot to mention that I also totally loved how Allen is the only one who still believes in God.. It seems to fit them, somewhat.

Brilliant work once again.
Pensulliwen chapter 2 . 1/28/2010
I sunk into depression while reading this, and then just barely managed to avoid being stuck in it by the end. Really, really powerful writing, I felt just as hopeless as Lenalee while reading this. As such, I'm very glad that you ended it on a somewhat happy note. Great story.
Morphine Dementia chapter 2 . 1/28/2010
Okay, I'm a bit too baffled (whatever that means) to give a decent review and to remember everything I loved about this, but I can try.

Okay, first of, I fucking loved this THOROUGHLY. It was fucking PERFECT. IT WAS SO AWESOME THAT EVEN SWEARING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER WON'T DESCRIBE IT WITH ENOUGH FUCKING PASSION. : D

I bow down to your superior pen and lick your ink and boots and submit to bearing your internets babies. 3

Okay then.

First off, lovely interactions. Of everyone. Adored Allen and Lenalee's little quarrels; also Lenalee's changing due to her world and it disappearing is really well done and realistic. Like Lenalee grew faster than Allen.. And he cries blood, poor kid. Sad but pretty. Kanda was TRULY FUCKING EPIC here. No need to tell, I did love his bond with Lenalee (and how Lenalee seemed to have turned into a cold bastard just as him for a while...war does that to kids). Almost teared up where they're talking and he curses the Order, I'm figuring he can never forgive what they made HIM go through, and Lenalee too to some extent. And no surprise there... Also, "muppet" was freaking awesome. XD The scene with Timmy chasing Tim made me think of him as an Alma 2 and like him. XD Also Lavi's talk about kisses, FINALLY tried it boy, eh? And I'm guessing that limping was a sign of.. Lavi and Kanda's WAY OF COPING, if you please. The one that Allen and Lenalee shamelessly copied afterwards lol. THE GAY SIDEKICKS MORAL: DON'T THINK, SCREW, AND LIVE FOR TODAY ONLY. Allen and Lavi's talk about love being cruel was very emotional too (but I practically teared up at like 7 places, so yeah..). And once again awesome Kanda and Lenalee, getting to Komui (thank gods that he survived..) Epicness. I wonder what his artificial leg will be like. XD And, Link is awesome too. AND, the ending is just perfect, everyone happy and lovely and hopeful, and Kanda refusing Lavi a hug (3 IC. SO IC. UNLIKE THE FUCKERS WHOSE SHIT WE'VE READ YESTERDAY.). Also your vocabulary was quite nice this time, didn't even notice repetitiveness, and the set mood was just perfect in all places. Excellent wording and style. It was just FREAKING AWESOME.

All in all, I FUCKING LOVE IT OMGWTFBBQ. If this was a book, I'd buy it. It's AWESOME. I don't even think I can think of any more of worthy praise, therefore it's time for the WEIRDASS COMPLIMENT, you know, the kind that leaves you both happy and disturbed:

The woman who wrote the sparkly vampires book doesn't deserve to ink her pen in your poo, even if you don't ever write anything else than fanfiction!

Ok, done with weirdass compliment. : D

As you probably figured by now, I TOTALLY FUCKING LOVED THIS. Keep writing, honey, for I see great talent in the craft of words in you. BRILLIANT. 3
Evanescent Silence chapter 2 . 1/28/2010
Okay, so. You almost, /almost/ made me cry. I teared up a bit, but I didn't cry.

Thank god. The way it was heading, a little bit more of tragedy and I would have started bawling like a baby.

But it was beautiful, beautiful. Even when my heart hurt and felt really tiny in my chest, this fic was beautiful. At one point, I really hated Lenalee and Kanda, and then I loved them again. Oh, Kanda was several levels of awesomeness. The way he demanded those guys let Lenalee go to Komui, and his interaction with Lavi - insert high-pitched squeal here.

And Allen - oh, Allen. He made me shiver in this part:

"And his eyes were determined.

She flinched back a little, because that gaze was so intense. Too intense. It was as if it tore straight through her soul."

I cheered with joy during this whole scene, but his eyes in this particular part - IC as he can be. (I have a thing for Allen's eyes. And his determined expressions. When I began reading/watching DGM, I never payed much attention to Allen since he seemed so much like the usual martyr type hero - but then there was that scene where Tyki has his hand in his chest, clutching his heart, and Allen just very serenely looks back... I fell in love)

All in all, very nice fic. Thank you for writing this. *bows*

~Silence