Reviews for Dead with the Vikings
jackie69 chapter 29 . 19h
Wonderful,Fantastic and so funny...
I can't get enough of your stories dear Thyra10!
Thanks for writing and sharing this story with
bashfyl chapter 29 . 11/4
Lovely story. Thanks for sharing.
migunit06 chapter 29 . 10/10
I've really enjoyed this story! It's plot was original and engaging, and it was written in such a way that I could see it happening. I read in your profile that English was not your native language growing up, but I found the technical aspects of your writing (such as grammar, spelling, and vocabulary) to be better than a disturbingly large amount of stories or non-fiction written by native speakers!
I was a teacher for 9 years, one year as an EFL teacher in Japan and the last 8 teaching varying levels and subjects in US public schools. At one point over the last 9 years, I've taught writing to children, teens, and adults. As a result, I find that if an author has poor writing skills, it ruins the story for me (even if the plot is intriguing). I usually pick up on mistakes quickly, but this story was beautifully done. If there were mistakes, they were so minor I didn't notice them!

Finally, the ANs containing information about historical and modern cultures were almost as enjoyable as the story itself! I majored in Anthropology at university, and my interest has always been mostly in cultural studies. Your information about traditional Viking culture was very appreciated. I have found several good resources for Norse mythology/religion, but finding information pertaining to their actual culture and daily lives (that isn't biased or so dry it puts me to sleep) has always been difficult.
As for your personal insight into more modern Scandinavian culture, I loved it! Again, it is difficult to find well written and interesting information about day to day life in foreign cultures, so to have someone describe it first-hand is both enjoyable and appreciated.

This is the first story of yours I have read, but I look forward to more! Thank you for taking time to write this!
AZSeaOtter chapter 19 . 10/8
I really enjoy reading your historical and current sidebars about Scandinavia. Thanks so much for sharing!
Eric Is All Mine chapter 29 . 6/11
Wow. I just found this story and it blew me away. I feel like I just had a masterclass in Norwegian culture and history. I learned so much and I also enjoyed time travel, intrigue, and true love. Thank you SO much for sharing this amazing story. Wherever you are, whatever you do please know that you are a great writer and historian and your gifts should be shared. Thank you!
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 2 . 5/28
I felt like I had to try and defend my culture's honour when Sooks thought that all Vikings ran around and raped women left and right... -_-*
TLynnson chapter 29 . 3/5
What a wonderfully entertaing tale chocked full of delightful details. Most enjoyable! Thanks for sharing.
TB Viking Addict chapter 3 . 2/24
I freaking love the last line of your author's note in this chapter.

Not that I don't love the story too, it's awesome. I LOVE it when authors put humor in their stories, and even if I couldn't tell that there'd be humor by the beginning (and I could), your note on Odin would've made it clear. I laughed more at the end of your note than I do for the length of most fanfics (most, not all). But Eric stories should have humor in it, I hate when authors make him waayyy too serious. He was funny in the books and the show- so why do they do that?! Of course he's serious when he needs to be, but he always cracked me up. So thanks for not being one of "those" authors and being all around awesome.
Dear Thyra 10,
After reading your collection of jokes I would like to share a Finnish joke (as a "Nordic cousin" it is our duty to poke fun at our neighbours, after all). This particular joke is about the two Finnish official languages (or in this case one of them). Enjoy!

Two ladies from the Finnish west coast meet at the Finland-Sweden ferry (or as we call it "sverigebåten"). They immediately start to gossip in their native Finland-swedish dialect. "Haa ho he? (Har hon det?) "Ja, ho haa he ho!" (Ja, hon har det hon!) One of the Swedes sitting at the table behind them comments: "Apropå om det finns chineser på båten också.."
Sachiel Angelo chapter 11 . 2/9
Not only is this a great story, I am also learning new things about the Viking culture too!
candykorn0 chapter 29 . 2/7
Love this story!
Slightly Wicked chapter 29 . 1/12
Overall a wonderful story with very well written characters. Look forward to reading more of your work :)
Slightly Wicked chapter 24 . 1/12
Having a little trouble accepting Sookie would be taken in by a command from Eric when she can't be glamoured by him, even after bonding. Just an opinion though!
Suzymeinen chapter 29 . 1/11
Loved this story. I loved them in Viking times and kinda wish they could have stayed there or gone back. I also wish that eric could remember, but his story was perfect. Because life isn't perfect and so those things fit. Looking forward to reading more of your work.
Enjoy the story as much as the history and culture lessons. Thanks so muh for sharing your talent!
2,843 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »