Reviews for Dead with the Vikings
mkm620 chapter 29 . 5/20
You are...words can't describe. I love the stories you write, and the history you tell! You are officially one of my all time favorite writers and I now have a deep desire to see all of Scandinavia.
mkm620 chapter 18 . 5/20
You are so awesome! I love your story and the history and things are so fun!
MargaritaS chapter 29 . 3/28
such a good story :)
Nicolle1977 chapter 29 . 2/4
Great story!
lamk777 chapter 20 . 12/14/2015
I want more! This is awesome
luvtracker chapter 26 . 12/6/2015
I don't know if you're just stupid or a moron but Appous was sucking on a fairy...a fucking fairy, you kniw thise little things that makes vampire "flame-proof"? Considering that Appius did nit consume every drop of the fairy's blood and all the blood spilled during the fight, it is still very imperative to take into consideration that he would just not spontaneously combust that easily, he would have ran to safety or attack Sookie or whatever. So I think your just lazy or you neurons just degenerate too.
jackie69 chapter 29 . 11/24/2015
Wonderful,Fantastic and so funny...
I can't get enough of your stories dear Thyra10!
Thanks for writing and sharing this story with
bashfyl chapter 29 . 11/4/2015
Lovely story. Thanks for sharing.
migunit06 chapter 29 . 10/10/2015
I've really enjoyed this story! It's plot was original and engaging, and it was written in such a way that I could see it happening. I read in your profile that English was not your native language growing up, but I found the technical aspects of your writing (such as grammar, spelling, and vocabulary) to be better than a disturbingly large amount of stories or non-fiction written by native speakers!
I was a teacher for 9 years, one year as an EFL teacher in Japan and the last 8 teaching varying levels and subjects in US public schools. At one point over the last 9 years, I've taught writing to children, teens, and adults. As a result, I find that if an author has poor writing skills, it ruins the story for me (even if the plot is intriguing). I usually pick up on mistakes quickly, but this story was beautifully done. If there were mistakes, they were so minor I didn't notice them!

Finally, the ANs containing information about historical and modern cultures were almost as enjoyable as the story itself! I majored in Anthropology at university, and my interest has always been mostly in cultural studies. Your information about traditional Viking culture was very appreciated. I have found several good resources for Norse mythology/religion, but finding information pertaining to their actual culture and daily lives (that isn't biased or so dry it puts me to sleep) has always been difficult.
As for your personal insight into more modern Scandinavian culture, I loved it! Again, it is difficult to find well written and interesting information about day to day life in foreign cultures, so to have someone describe it first-hand is both enjoyable and appreciated.

This is the first story of yours I have read, but I look forward to more! Thank you for taking time to write this!
AZSeaOtter chapter 19 . 10/8/2015
I really enjoy reading your historical and current sidebars about Scandinavia. Thanks so much for sharing!
Eric Is All Mine chapter 29 . 6/11/2015
Wow. I just found this story and it blew me away. I feel like I just had a masterclass in Norwegian culture and history. I learned so much and I also enjoyed time travel, intrigue, and true love. Thank you SO much for sharing this amazing story. Wherever you are, whatever you do please know that you are a great writer and historian and your gifts should be shared. Thank you!
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 2 . 5/28/2015
I felt like I had to try and defend my culture's honour when Sooks thought that all Vikings ran around and raped women left and right... -_-*
TLynnson chapter 29 . 3/5/2015
What a wonderfully entertaing tale chocked full of delightful details. Most enjoyable! Thanks for sharing.
TB Viking Addict chapter 3 . 2/24/2015
I freaking love the last line of your author's note in this chapter.

Not that I don't love the story too, it's awesome. I LOVE it when authors put humor in their stories, and even if I couldn't tell that there'd be humor by the beginning (and I could), your note on Odin would've made it clear. I laughed more at the end of your note than I do for the length of most fanfics (most, not all). But Eric stories should have humor in it, I hate when authors make him waayyy too serious. He was funny in the books and the show- so why do they do that?! Of course he's serious when he needs to be, but he always cracked me up. So thanks for not being one of "those" authors and being all around awesome.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/16/2015
Dear Thyra 10,
After reading your collection of jokes I would like to share a Finnish joke (as a "Nordic cousin" it is our duty to poke fun at our neighbours, after all). This particular joke is about the two Finnish official languages (or in this case one of them). Enjoy!

Two ladies from the Finnish west coast meet at the Finland-Sweden ferry (or as we call it "sverigebåten"). They immediately start to gossip in their native Finland-swedish dialect. "Haa ho he? (Har hon det?) "Ja, ho haa he ho!" (Ja, hon har det hon!) One of the Swedes sitting at the table behind them comments: "Apropå om det finns chineser på båten också.."
2,849 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »