Reviews for On a Clear Day
Shuga34 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Still reading but felt I had to review on this:

"Startled, Draco takes a cautious sip. It’s black and slightly sweetened, and tastes wonderful, slipping down effortlessly, warming his insides with a smooth, cocoa-like aftertaste. He sighs appreciatively and just for a moment, he forgets that he’s in Harry Potter’s kitchen, he forgets that Harry Potter stole his good owl and he forgets that he’s still furious about the whole letter-not-answering fiasco."

I agree. A cup of coffee makes everything better!
Sally chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Fantastic story. I almost didn't read it because it's in present tense, something which usually annoys me in fanfics because the authors rarely do it well. You did it well and then some. Thank you for this really wonderful story. It wasn't flashy or overly plot-driven. It was sweet and tender, and ... I love the agoraphobic Harry!

Kudos and thanks again.
Della Mente chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Your stories are the ones I enjoy most in all of Harry/Draco fanfiction.

I'm very pleased that the Flapping Cupboard made an appearance, and found that I was oddly endeared to Mrs. N. I am a big fan of coffee as well, so that particular cameo of yours was also very much enjoyed.

It was an excellent one shot, and though I would prefer a chaptered fic (because it means much more of your writing) this was pleasantly long, and I had a great time reading it. I laughed quite a few times, and felt very melty a few times. Mission accomplished? can't wait to read more.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
That was beautiful. Very poignant. I loved how their relationship slowly built up naturally, so that neither of them noticed at first. I also thought it was great how Draco's priorities got all switched around. One of the best fics I've read to date.
kiskool chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Wow that was wonderfully sweet. I stayed up too late reading this because it was really good. :)
ddz008 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Great! So lovely! :)
Lachesis03 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I love this. It's funny (so clever), and thoughtful, and poignant, and I'm so very glad you wrote it. Just lovely.
smiles.lie chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
i almost cried when he said those all horible things. anyway i totally loved the story and i want more :D i was almost late for work as i started reading it before. oh well. managed to make it on time.
Ellipsis the Great chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
One day I'm going to write a story with a conspicuously "talking" cupboard in it, and people are going to say: "Ellipsis, where on earth did you get the idea to have a 'talking' cabinet in your story?" And I'll reply: "What're you talking about? It's totally a canon character, didn't you read the...oh. Oh yeah. Not canon. Heh heh heh...:cough:" Fabulously done, as always, my dear - and I liked that you actually re-characterized it in this story so that people who don't follow your works (those heretics) weren't confused by its sudden, seemingly random appearance.

And I love how...realistic everything is. The interactions, the descriptions (most people go to great pains to emphasize how beautiful and lovely everything and everyone is, even if that everything isn't all that grand and the everyone is someone who's been holed away for forever and a neurotic day), just...oh, everything. XD

And, as per usual, I was blown away by the characterization in this piece - not just of Cupboard, but of everyone else as well. The slow, gradual transition from enemies to annoyed acquaintances to hesitant friends to lovers of Harry and Draco was brilliantly done, and after a while I forgot that Janice and her highness (and Esme) were OCs, too! Also, LOVED how you brought in Mrs. Norris - most people ignore her existence entirely, and you didn't even have any of this story set in Hogwarts! You captured her beautifully, I thought~!

One slight error, though: in the sentence '...that it’s breakfast time, and Potter is “damned if he’s going to cook for you, Malfoy.”' you should actually put "damned if I'm going to cook for you, Malfoy." since it's something that Harry presumably said and is being quoted in the sentence. (At least, I believe that's how it should be done...:/)

Other than that, though, I'm almost completely certain this story is free of error! WONDERFUL job as always! And, as always, I look forward to reading more from you soon!

-EtheG
Dark-Night-Tigress chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
That was simply WONDERFUL! The idea was amazing and original, and Draco dragging Harry back into life, and himself as well...I loved it. I especially loved how Draco didn't just jump in and realize what was going on and know how to deal with everything. There was a distinct lack of control on his part that made it that much more realistic and believable. And Harry with his Gryffindor courage and ridiculous rationality...lol made for good reading love. Thanks so much for sharing :)
aomoa chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Great fic. I love how sweet this is and the way you characterized them is as perfect as always. Janice made me laugh, she's like Draco's Molly Weasley, and I far appreciate how their was barely any mention of Ron because he wouldve probably stirred up drama.

-Hana
x-ClinicallyInsane-x chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I couldn't stop laughing at the cupboards part, I was rolling all over the floor (literally). I loved this, though I got confused during the middle and had to go back and read a few paragraphs over again, that was...a really long one shot, but kudos to you, it turned out really great.
mjmusiclover chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
very beautifully done :D:D
bbethable chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I really LOVED this story. Harry and Draco were wonderful! The extra characters were too funny. 'Mrs N' was hilarious, and Harry was just so 'Harry' to take her in. I loved so much about this story, so thank you so much! On a side note, I am not a fan of coffee. In fact I hate it. But seriously, your stories make me wish that I liked it:)
Storm.Gazer chapter 1 . 1/24/2010