Reviews for On a Clear Day
nairiefairie chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
beautiful story as always. i loved the cupboard, i am not sure what we would do without him now. i enjoyed mrs n attacks. i love the way you slowly twist the couple together. i am capativated by their silly fights and foolish stubborness.

i liked the ceiling scene a lot but my favourite bit had to be when they were sitting together on the kitchen floor, when harry told draco he died. brilliant, even if i do say so myself.

and lastly i got to say Janice was awesome. i liked her lots. thank you for writting it brightened my very dull weekend ;)
AlineDaryen chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Oh. So, so, so marvellous. If I could write coherently now, I would point out all the things I absolutely loved and that made me absolutely cry and laugh at the same time, but coherence is beyond me now, and will be for a long time, I'm afraid. I just really don't know what else to say. Thanks.
Ender-kb chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
You wouldn't believe my exclamation when I saw that you wrote a new one-shot. My husband was giving me strange looks.

It was utterly fantastic that you thrust Mrs. Norris on Harry and that you brought that flapping cupboard into this story. That cupboard is always brilliant even if it does come unhinged from time to time. The characterizations were great. Harry, an agoraphobic shut-in? Awesome.

I love your writing style. I'm not quite sure if I've ever commented on that before, but I will now. You have a very unique writing style and the way you structure your sentences just fascinates me. You're so very thorough with the characters and their mannerisms and even your original characters are interesting. A lot of the time when I read fanfiction, original characters just seem to annoy me, but yours are always perfectly natural and belong in the story. You always refer back to details which is nice because the reader knows it's on purpose that you put them there, they weren't just some random line drop to add more words to your story.

Thanks for being such a great author and I always look forward to reading your work (and re-reading it. Don't even ask how many times I've re-read Reparations, Foundations, and Talk to Me).
deciesjo chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Heaven knows I am estactic now after reading your one shot - so so good! fantastic Harry & Draco - great supporting characters - brilliant coffee throughout! thanks!
Lyricoloratura chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
My adoration for you is probably unhealthy. :-)

You've done it again - and you have my gratitude for the "epic proportions" of this one-shot. It is, like every other freaking thing you ever write, absolutely amazing. (Seriously - reading your author's notes and hearing you express anything remotely like a lack of confidence just knocks me right over; if I could write half as well as you, I'd be wearing a neon sign on my head that flashed, "I'm amazing - deal with it", or some such nonsense.)

I love your ability to mix humor, angst, compassion, and utter hotness all together so that they're seamlessly all in the same place - and frequently at the same time. You've also tied in the events from the HP series in such a way that those of us who are in love with the books can remember WHY we're in love with the books - though I'm guessing that any number of people who've never read them are also fond of your work as well. (Don't know WHY there are people who've never read them, but that's another story.)

BTW, I also love your OCs - Janice is just lovely, and it's always wonderful to see the Opinionated Kitchen Cabinet. I really do enjoy seeing what you do with original characters; you always give them such quirky charm and unique appeal, and allow them to play off the main characters in a way that moves plot, etc., without ever being, for lack of a better way to put it, too much.

I also believe that my new Harry Potter motto will be, "Epilogue? What epilogue?" Because you do Harry and Draco better than anybody. Period.
annie252 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
As always, this is so beautiful!

Happy to see that the talking cupboard made it into this universe :)

You always write stories that feel so warm and cosy and just so very lovely.
Fabuest chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Ah. While reading this I became inordinately glad that reading Reparations and Foundations caused me to read the entire Harry Potter series. Because now I know what Harry's talking about when he says that he died. ;

Also. When harry sings "Fucked... in the head," my mom's fiance was watching something on the television and Eye of the Tiger was playing and now I can't remember how, but the words fit perfectly with the tune. It was an odd experience.

[“I don’t feel anything,” Harry interrupts. “I don’t want him here. I never wanted him here in the first place and now that fucking Gala is over, I can have my life back the way it was. That’s all I want.”] That made me cry. Actual, real tears. And I'm not even joking. I'm just glad that nobody else is currently in the room.

[He wonders if Viktor Krum likes picnics.] And then that made me smile. Which almost makes up for making me cry.

[“Let’s give them something to talk about.”] And /that/ got Something To Talk About stuck in my head. I'd scowl, but I actually like that song, so it's okay. Oh, and when Draco was singing on Harry's front porch? I was laughing my ass off. With both parental units in the room. It was surreal.

So anyway. I think this took me a ridiculously long time to read. Something akin to more than two hours. But it was definitely worth it.

I was so hoping that the "old friend" mentioned in your beginning author's note would be the cupboard, and it was and it made me happy. D

And when "Mrs N" was introduced as a mysterious entity, I couldn't help but think "Omg it's Mrs Norris!" and then squeal when I was right.

And I think that's basically all the comments I wanted to make. So yeah. Lovely, lovely story. It certainly cannot be contested that this is a oneshot of epic proportions.

... okay. And I loved Janice and the lime green duck-imbued gloves. I promise that that really is all, now.
Desera chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Oh how I love everything you write. I believe I've read them all. Absolutely loved this new story, esp. loved the way in which Harry and Draco interacted with each other. Can't wait for your next stroy (:

'Sera
Jac Hankosha chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I love this! It's my favorite type of story, where Harry and Draco overcome their dislike and fall in love through the awesome power of conversation!
fattoad chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Brilliant!
Chicken Nuggets chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I do believe I've been spoiled by your amazing writing, and wonderful logic.

It's rare that I review fics, but I feel that your work really deserves it, and I hope it encourages you to continue to cast and weave such amazing stories.

Thank you for providing us with great entertainment, and showcasing your wonderful talent.

P.S. I really love the cupboard.
a rather slytherin gryffindor chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
fantastic. Well written, well thought out, and even amusing at points. I'd say it's one of the better ones i've read. he banter between Draco and Harry is appropriate for thier relationship, and the progression into something more feels natural (I can't begin to tell you how tiring it is to read the stories that have them leap from enemies to best mates to lovers in the space of a few hours).

I have absolutely nothing negative to say. bloody well done.
SushiBar chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
One-shot of epic proportions indeed. I enjoyed it! And the cupboard has returned...I must admit, I felt a bit of warmth when the cupboard started flapping about. Is it weird to feel affection towards a fictional non-living object?

I also liked the returning coffee, heaven knows I love me some coffee. All in all, this was brilliantly written, as I'm used from you ;)

Going in my favourites!
eiajhn chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Fantastic! Brilliant! Amazing! I could go on and on but I think I got my point across.. Your characters and your attention to details make everything you write a pure joy to read. And that was one heck of a one-shot! But I’m glad you did not split it up, then I would have to wait to know how it ended and that would have been very hard!
Autumn's.Reign chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I'll be very tired and irritable tomorrow (*cough* today)... but staying up to read this was so worth it. Loved it completely and utterly (especially your characters, they really, REALLY rocked). Nothing more to say, really.
415 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 Next »