Reviews for Winged Cupid Painted Blind
Siggy chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Lovely to see a vignette with Mary and her step-mama. I can just imagine the scene now and it definitely brought a smile to my face. Fantastic last line and captures Mrs S to a tee.
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Delightfully humorous, but you pinpoint Clara's very serious concerns about the possibility that Mary's use of spectacles may poison her chances on the marriage market or even, horrors, turn her into a bluestocking (lovely line). She may come over as an interfering busybody, but she means well. Mary's adroit replies convey very well how she has become accustomed to parrying Clara's complaints, while letting us know very well what she thinks about Dr Marshland. Charming!
Solo Lady chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
What a lovely, charming little story! I can certainly see Clara Smith fretting over her stepdaughter's chances to attract a man. (Loved the "bluestocking" line! :-D ) Clara worries under the best of circumstances. And now with Mary wearing glasses, Clara's bound to think her stepdaughter unmarriageable.

Mary, on the other hand, doesn't fret over such things. May I venture the opinion that Mary suspects Dr. Marshland is forming an attachment to her?

I think so, too.
the doctor's next dance chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
LOVELY story :) You have Mrs Smith down to a tea - "This Dr. Marshland - is he married?" Brilliant last line!

And I also loved Mary's memories of that moment we had a glimpse of in the series when Dr Marshland "fitted" (I can't think of the right word!) her glasses for her. :D

Another wonderful one-shot!