Reviews for Sparks
Yvonne Park chapter 4 . 2/2/2014
This was very well written! I really enjoyed reading it. Though it did feel like it needed something more. Haha maybe I'm just not satisfied with the ending. Anyway, it was a really good story! I don't think I've ever read an Usopp/Ace story before. I liked it! :)

-Yvonne
Reviews to Master chapter 4 . 11/29/2012
Yaaaay! But I don't see how this was M. But it was still good! :D Imma fave it now! Though I do wish you'd continue it!
Reviews to Master chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
Aaggggghhhh! So good! I don't want it to end!
Reviews to Master chapter 2 . 11/29/2012
Ah dang! Two more chapters to go already?! Tis a shame, this story is flowing nicely and the personalities are kept to a T. Nicely done.
Reviews to Master chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I was curious about this shipping and my curiosity got the better of me (again), so I decided to check how popular this group was-which it isn't. X) But for some reason in this jacked up brain of mine I can errily see the clarity of these two being a couple. Strange yes, but it's there. Although I do see UssopXKaya as the most ADORABLE couple ever! XD But this is just to see, and I'll say this: it isn't dissapointing me.
Relle chapter 4 . 2/25/2012
So lovely! It has such a beautiful tone about it.
TheWriterOfFew chapter 4 . 1/16/2011
this is wondeful
Thewolfnamedshe chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
Aww that was so cute I love it
Maydn chapter 4 . 1/25/2010
I was positively surprised that you didn't simply take Kaya out of the picture but did actually involve her. That Usopp saw similarities in 'handling' both Ace and her was heartwarming. It also made me remember where we have seen the 'observant' Usopp before - and makes all even more fitting. Great!

About the romance; I was prepared that a 'change' in their relationship would have to come sudden (only one chapter left ;)), but I think it could have been a bit more explored. I really liked how Usopp perceived said change, but at that point it felt a bit strange to me because it was unexplained. While, realistically, you of course can't always explain when/why/where someone might develop feelings or attraction, I thought it would have been nice - in a story - to give some more ideas of what was going on. Later you hint that the storm encounter might have changed Ace's perception of Usopp (and seemingly his whole situation) but it's still rather sudden and doesn't really covince me tbh.

The awkwardness of their kiss was great, although I also think it would have been nice to see them in different 'kinds of awkward'... if this makes sense? Especially the way they talked was too similar imho, with the semi-stuttering and repeated "I mean" and so on. Of course, I don't know how either of them would really behave in this kind of situation (and I doubt Oda will deliver us with something in that direction), so it's up to interpretation, but I personally would have liked to see them act/talk differently based on their characters.

I only pointed these things out because I thought it might be useful or at least interesting for you. I really like this story, your writing flowed wonderful (and your lovely use of similes! 3) and I enjoyed the (for me) unusual pace. Also, I haven't even said it yet but I find the idea of Ace recuperating with the Strawhats brilliant. :) Honestly, great job! (I'm just curious though; /how/ did you ever think of this pairing?)
Maydn chapter 3 . 1/25/2010
What a nice idea to show some new skills that the crew's solotrips have resulted in! (Ok, so it's only Nami, but I kind of see that it's hard to find good examples for the others...)

Again, very much IC and with a nice angsty touch, I really enjoy the way you portay Ace and Usopp. Can't see yet how this might be 'concluded' in only one more chapter... :)
Twisted Vixen chapter 4 . 1/25/2010
I loved the end! Well, I wish it wasn't ending but still, loved it. :)

I liked the pacing and the way that the two of them were still unsure and a bit nervous and how their coming together was in this slow almost lazy manner. And the crew just noticed enough to give Usopp more time with Ace. To think, Ace actually forgot to check in with his crew. He must be better eh? :) I also thought it was cute that Ace was starting to pick up Usopp's way of exaggerating things.
Katzztar chapter 4 . 1/24/2010
aww damn ...it's the last chapter! ? ;_;

I like how they finally got together as lovers; they were still nervous and seemingly uncertain on how to proceed but was certain they did want to.

Cute how Ace caught himself exagerating, influenced by Usopp XD

It was amusing to see that the others probbably saw that Usopp was reaching Ace so they agreed he wasn't called out to watch so he can be there for Ace.

Any chance there's a sequel? maybe the 2 crews meet up randomly and Usopp and Ace enjoy each other's company? Maybe see Whitebeard pirates reactions to Usopp. The old man himself would most likely recognize Usopp as the son of Yasopp of the RedHairs the minute he first sees himm just like he recognized the strawhat and what Shanks said about loosing his arm was connected to Luffy. Most likely, they may think that Usopp's nervousness around them is due to him being a son of an enemy and Ace informs them he's a nervous fellow.
The Sacred and Profane chapter 4 . 1/24/2010
A beautiful ending to such an interesting premise. The only "fault" I have is a reaction from Luffy/the rest of the crew if they're discovered in that position. But it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the tale. Besides Luffy would most likely laugh and try to see if Zoro would be up for a cuddle that night.

Brava, Elin! Can't wait to see what story you decide to put the One Piece cast into next.
Twisted Vixen chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
Aww, it's only four parts? It could go on for longer. I love the way you write Ace and Usopp. The way the two seem to be coming together is so subtle. I love it. :)
The Sacred and Profane chapter 3 . 1/24/2010
Great descriptions and I loved Usopp's argument for coffee and food inside. Keep up the wonderful work!