Reviews for Diagnostic
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/25
Interesting of Dean's POV about Sam... I liked it !
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/8/2014

Dean finally got it through his head, what was wrong with Sam. And now he'll fix it. :D Love the little pieces that were missing from the series that you added here K. :D
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Liked how this one built up with the laundry list of symptoms. And how Dean was actually relieved to find out that Sam was still Sam underneath it all.
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I'd really would have loved it if something like this was part of the show because I would like this much more than what actually happened. This makes perfect sense - Dean isn't stupid, he can put two and two together, and of course he was watching Sam. I didn't interpret Dean in the car on the way to Bobby's as relieved, resigned rather, and emotionally drained, but he would keep going to save Sam.

And while I adored the last few lines, 'its confusion not conspiracy' bothered me a little. Dean by this show is more than aware that Sam has been conspiring with Ruby. It is believable that he might be so desperate to deny that, and find another explanation, that he would jump on withdrawal to explain it and find a way to forgive Sam. So, yeah, kudos there.

I loved how you intertwined this in and out of the events in the show, and explained how they were captured so easily, a sore point with me, even though I didn't realize that until I read this!

Phoebe
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Thank you one more time. You've put the things in the right perspective again. I always try but sometimes I need help (often your help)to see Sam's motivations and Dean's train of thoughts. The Rapture gave me a lot to think about, because I was having problems with the demon blood storyline. Sam was being so obvious with his sneaking around and drinking blood that it seemed almost impossible that Dean didn't noticed it before. He had a lot in his head to deal with but this was important, this was Sam. Those scenes when Sam attacks the demon and drinks her blood like a vampire while Dean looks on in horror (and relief, thanks!) and when Bobby and Dean trick Sam into the panic room and lock the door...well, I knew there was something there that I wasn't getting right. And now I think I am, thanks to your insightful story. Really, I think the intervention was the most justified act ever, but you explained it beautifully and the last lines of your fic were truly inspired.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/31/2010

Sam wasn’t dying, or evil, or rejecting him. He was addicted.

Great words, words that really explained Sam and also explained his little brother's behaviour to Dean, especially as Sam wasn't forthcoming.

Awesome stuff.
extremediva19 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
LOVE this!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Loved this story and my ultimate favorite line:

Sam wasn’t dying, or evil, or rejecting him. He was addicted.

-It was great to hear Dean's perspective of things, doing diagnostics on his brother like he would with the Impala, seeing the changes in Sam through his eyes, but that line brought relief and comfort in a way. Dean found something tangible that he can fight and once Dean finds that, he can feel in control and believe he can help Sam.

Awesome!
TheKritty chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
"Withdrawal, not illness. Confusion, not conspiracy. Shame, not guile. Influenced, not altered."

You totally captured Sam with that phrase! You desrcibed his change of character perfectly well and I really loved that!

Great story!

Kritty
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
You have no idea how much I wish the Supernatural writers had talked to you before ending season 4. This version feels SO Much more natural to their characters than Dean's flip out - no matter how logical - and his forsaking Sam - which I could never see - and needing Bobby of to talk him back to reason! Thanks for writing this. Now I can imagine this instead of the other! LOL
Katiki chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
You never fail to impress me with your gift for finding the voids in canon and filling them in so beautifully. Of course Dean, who is as attuned to Sam as a mother to her child, would notice the signs of addiction and withdrawal. I love his POV here, through the picking up on the strange symptoms to his sudden realization of what they add up to.
TraSan chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Well, you've done it again. Taken one of the few episodes (there's usually about one a season) that I don't really care for and put a spin on it that makes me see it a whole new way.

The demon blood being something that Dean thought maybe he could fix and it actually being a relief of sorts had not ocurred to me. I love fics that make me think. :)

Excellent.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
This fic put a welcomed hopeful twist on the events of series 4 while still solidly grounded in canon.

What I admire about your writing is that you're never afraid to be honest with your character introspection. Thoughts are internalised and not something that the show can pick up and that why skilful writers like yourself are worth your weight in gold. Some of Dean’s thoughts are painful to read but necessary to understand his frame of mind which you captured perfectly. I especially liked how Dean acknowledged but overlooked all the small changes in Sam, probably unwilling to see a change that his Dad warned him about.

It's these painful truths that make the ending all the more satisfying as you perfectly summarised the message that I think the show was aiming for: “Withdrawal, not illness. Confusion, not conspiracy. Shame, not guile. Influenced, not altered...It was revolting and horrifying and frightening. But…it was something Dean could fight. Something they could fix." All is not lost. And I very much appreciated the insight and clarity here.

Dean's relief is in character and a very realistic emotion for him considering what he thought the alternative could have been. In Dean’s mind he can fix this, it’s not too late and that fits in neatly with 'When the Levee Breaks’.

Wonderfully insightful stuff. Take care, Abbi
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
aw awesome fic hun:)

Loved that its still his brother and it's still sam :)

aww
Landwing chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Probably the very next thought in Dean's head after he realized Sam was addicted to demon blood was 'Okay, detox literally from Hell coming up. How and where?' I'm sure guilt, sorrow, and regret that Sam was ever left alone to be lured into the addiction made frequent appearances, but they were probably buried as quickly as possible in order to deal with the practical problem of Sam's detox. And Dean feeling relief was the most natural thing in the world to me. All the changes he'd seen in Sam hadn't come from inside Sam-they'd come from an outside influence. Fundamentally, Sam was still Sam, and that meant Sam could come back. In Dean's mind, that's what matters: nothing in Sam's core has been warped. Hunting under the influence is bad but deal-with-able. Of course, there are still the underlying reasons of why Sam gave into the addiction in the first place to cope with, but those along with all the guilt, sorrow, and regret were probably shoved aside and down so Dean could focus on the detox. The insights in this were very good. I have no clue myself, but I wonder if the families of drug and alcohol addicts feel the same: my loved one doesn't hate me and hasn't permanently changed how they feel about me; something else is making them act this way. There are probably underlying problems to deal with, but the first feeling is probably one of relief. And that was yet another rambling review. Sorry about that. Let me know if anything is really confusing, and I'll try to clear it up. In any case, well done.