Reviews for In All These Wasteful Hours
Lyssa Terald chapter 7 . 10/18/2013
If it were instant smut, I'd probably have backed out by the third paragraph. I followed one of my favorite authors who had favorite you and I'm glad to have found this story. I don't usually like Loghain, but he's as complicated and tangled as they come and this kind of story entirely matched my mood when I went looking for something painful, something complicated, and something that was absolutely engaging. Cheers to good stories and even darker moods that lead to discoveries like this!
Eager Reader chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
i have to say, i really enjoy your writing style!
lynn-writer chapter 13 . 4/2/2012
Had me hooked from the first chapter :)
Herebedragons66 chapter 13 . 3/13/2011
Reviewing the entire story here:

This is a lovely, lovely story! Beautifully written, and wonderful characterizations, especially of Loghain and Leliana. And, of course, your Warden. It was almost like reading about my own DA:O character, as your Elissa has many similarities with the way I play my Cousland warden. No constructive criticism for you, because I can't think of anything I would change. I loved this story from beginning to end (and am looking forward to reading "Cartography" next). Thank you!
Jade Sabre chapter 2 . 10/21/2010
LOGHAIN and MENTIONS OF ROWAN and oh that wonderfully clever little dissection of Anora's character, and Loghain, and the skillful interweaving of game dialogue (I laughed at his uncomfortable reactions to Elissa's amusement and actual, you know, conversation). This fic is still awesome. Also, daddy/daughter, also, Rowan, also, THIS FIC IS SO AWESOME.

/incoherent, but appreciative nonetheless
Jade Sabre chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This is

beautiful and awesome and wonderful

and

the paragraph, where Elissa is thinking about how she has become death, and how she won't kill him because she isn't death-it so perfectly sums up why one *would* save Loghain (it certainly mirrors my thoughts with my first Warden), in such lovely language. The frame of this chapter, your descriptions (I giggled, a little, at the bit about Riordan not looking his age in the firelight), the subtle interactions of the characters, *Anora*-everything about this was awesome, and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of it. :-)
arysani chapter 11 . 8/5/2010
This review is for a re-read w/"Cartography" in mind...and I'm wondering exactly how, erm...Alistair and Anora would deal with any...developments. I honestly seem to forget everyone else in the world, with Elissa and Loghain trapped in their strange exile. I think it would, sadly, sever her completely from Alistair, but I've no idea how Anora would take it. She is a mystery, that one.

(And additionally, I wonder if you'll go into what Cauthrien is/was to Loghain - just another little girl who played at war, and desired to be useful to her hero? Cauthrien has a lot of respect for him and, seemingly, no one else. But there does not appear to be anything untoward (as it were) between them. He seems to respect her abilities, despite her relative youth (though I do suspect she is more Anora's age than Elissa's, separated by five or so years makes all the difference in the world) - but has he been in this situation before where a woman he respects toes the line?)
arysani chapter 3 . 8/5/2010
I'm re-reading this, knee-deep in "Cartography", and this is one of the few chapters I hadn't reviewed that would let me. I love being able to go back to this and seeing where things start. The little things, like the way Dog, far too large to be a lapdog, tries to be so anyway, and Loghain is a PERSON in the way he lets Dog do that and pets him - not the myth but the man in that moment. The way they talk about not having a true place anymore, the way they skirt each other, trying to puzzle out whether they respect or hate each other after all that's come between - and her reconciling her childhood with the man she now shares battle with. It's all so fantastic, feeding right into "Cartography" and the way they start to fall into patterns, adjusting to each other, not having fights and arguments that they both seem to need and deserve, just...knowing What Must Be Done and allowing the rest to fall away with the shortest, direct questions and volunteered regrets. Fantastic.
arysani chapter 8 . 7/19/2010
And all the bits with Anora, where he is not the infamous general, not the Hero of River Dane, not the traitor, not the regent, when he is her FATHER...it breaks my heart a little more.
arysani chapter 7 . 7/19/2010
If you are insinuating what I think you are insinuating with your author's note, I don't think I could believe insta-smut. It just wouldn't work. The track you have taken is much better, should that be your eventual conclusion. At this very moment I'm not sure how I feel about that...
arysani chapter 6 . 7/19/2010
And then you went and used my very favorite Shakespearian tragedy. I had this firm idea of the hows and whys, and the insight you give here makes enough sense that I want to alter my idea of how long Loghain has been a traitor.
arysani chapter 5 . 7/19/2010
"Kingmakers, she thinks, Maker have mercy on us."

Great line. Rather sums up everything about the two of them, and the lives they have made for themselves.

Also, that you are going to Ostagar after the Landsmeet...this is something I both dread and anticipate...
arysani chapter 2 . 7/19/2010
This fic hurts in all sorts of ways I can't quite put my finger on, but I want more anyway. Is this masochism?
arysani chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I've never done this, never made him a Warden...but clearly I want to wallow in heartbreak today, so my curiosity leads me here...

Lead on.
JessicaJones chapter 13 . 6/17/2010
I am spellbound. Wonderfully doe.