Reviews for The Last Goodbye
cosmic-cube-keeper chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Well done, thanks for sharing!
sellthelie chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I really enjoyed reading this, it was fabulous.

The image of Neytiri doing his hair while he was "sleeping" is really cute. :)
Tonko chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Nice take on the space between Grace's death and the scene with Jake at the Tree of souls. The na'vi language included was a bit much for me personally, because I know that if I pronounce it the way it looks, it's wrong, and I don't know the correct phonetics, but it's clear you did your research when including it, so props.

I think my favourite bit is the scene of Jake talking to Norm and Trudy-feels like it could have happened pretty much like that.

(And there's the head shaving scene _ even like that, I'm kind of picturing some curious children maybe watching her do the braids, maybe handing her the feathers, for the chance to look at him close up.)
Mystikwriter chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I really enjoyed this. I wondered what they did with Grace's body after she died, and I like your interpretation of the events. It also gave me a perspective of how Trudy and Norm reacted to Grace dying. It never really showed their reactions.

Great job over all and I can't wait to read more!
Sunny2006 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
That was very lovely!
coolkitty154 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
wonderfully written. This story was exquisite and beautiful, and you did a great job! :)
XxBlueSkiesxX chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Wow, this was really good. Keep writing great stories! :)
hyacinth26 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I really enjoyed this one-shot; I can definitely see all of this taking place. In the movie, at least as far as I can remember, we didn't see Jake really blaming himself for selling out the Na'vi, which is curious now that I think about it. Perhaps it's because the Na'vi prefer to look to the future and not dwell on the past, and it's a symbol of Jake identifying more with them than with the humans.

One thing that confused me is the timing of the last part. Surely it took more than a few hours to gather all the nearby Na'vi clans for battle before Quaritch attacked? They must live hundreds of miles apart in some cases. Just a thought.

Please keep writing for Avatar; I think you have a solid grip on the characters. Good luck!
1Timberwolf chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Wow, a very nice an very touching story. Thank you for posting.
Raygen chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Beautiful story, incredibly well written. I think I have found a (small!) mistake but I could be completely wrong too.

Nga ke skola'a Kelutrel-ti.

You not have destroyed Hometree-ACC

Destroy, I think, is a transitive verb. Meaning it needs another marker: -l, which stands for the subject. So I think it would be:

Ngal ke skola'a Kelutrel-ti.

You-ERG not have destroyed Hometree-ACC

Again, I could be completely wrong. But in any case this is a good story, irayo ma tsmukan.
Saran VD chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
that was just beautiful. loved it! poor gracie... :( and, of course, it's always hardest for those who are left behind... and you portrayed that really well. :)

Sarah
ForbiddenScars chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Oh man, I really enjoy your work, I can't say it enough. The prose in this story is descriptive but not over the top, it's nicely refined, and I like the subtle feeling of eeriness you've conveyed. You write these characters very well, and each story you've shared here has done wonders to satisfy my desire to see what happens between the scenes of the movie. Thank you for this! Keep up the great work.
art-badger chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I'm really glad you wrote this, Grace's death was sort of passed over in the movie. She deserved a better send-off then she got, even if she might be only mostly dead, having uploaded into Eywa.
bookworm62442 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I think you did a very nice job conveying the sorrow they all felt when Grace died. Very descriptive, but in a good way. Any more Avatar stories in mind? :D