Reviews for Cornered
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Great fic
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Wow. That was really good. I was faster than Dean, figured it out pretty much the minute the captor came in first. But hey, I wasn't shot full of drugs at that time, so...

I like the hope you invoked. Subtle and ... well, hopeful. Very, very lovely. And of course Dean would summon his own Sam. Whom else?

Yeah, I liked that pretty much. And it was set very nicely in s5, s4 is too depressing in my opinion and s3... well. I stay away from that as much as I can. It...depresses me, even more than s4.

Lovely, my dear.
GaelicAngel chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
I loved this.
Pinkchick chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
This story was very well written. I loved that Sam wasn't actually there, but in Dean's head. I was starting to wonder when Sam mentioned he didn't remember anything while in the cell, so you had me for awhile. I also loved the fact that you brought back the hunters from 5.03. And I did enjoy the hope infused in the story, because I, too know that they'll regain their footing. We can already see it in every episode after 5.04. Thank you so much for writing this story and for sharing it.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I like this story.

I think if there is a season 6.. we will see the boys back together.. changed somewhat (because it's unbelievable to not be changed).. but stronger. Maybe on a more even ground.

I would like to see Sam be more relaxed, Dean less antsy around Sam. Dean is walking on eggshells around Sam and Sam is just so angry at everything.

I would love a final season of good old monster hunts!

But I digress.. this was good to read. Well done.
Impaladreams chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I'm totally with you on the hope and trust...it's been damaged and eroded but they'll get it back - maybe even stronger than before.

I loved how you used Sam's presence to keep Dean grounded in his few brief moments in between druggings and the understated way you gave us clues as to him not really being there.

The ever-decreasing cell size was a particularly cruel torture, I'd never heard of that trick before from the Vikings! And I thought they were all rape and pillage!

A great platform for some much missed Hurt Dean and Caring Sammy...mhh just like the good old days!

Thanks for this lovely tale

Jane x
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I just loved this. I really thought Sam was in there with him for a while, so nice twist. Really kept it interesting. And I loved this: "It was also the little brother his drug-addled subconscious had conjured up to keep him company in that cell, to keep him grounded so he didn’t lose it under the effects of chemicals and his captors’ psychological machinations."

I like that the Sam Dean conjured up was a 'truthful' one. I think this was a good choice because you know that in the back of Dean's mind, this is the brother he misses and wants back the most. The younger, more innocent Sam that Dean had worked so hard to raise and take care of. These two have a lot of issues, but like you, I think they'll work it out, letting go of the old and embracing the new. In short, great fic!
jenilee chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Wonderful story. I was a little worried for the first half that Sam was actually dead and Dean was sharing the cell with his ghost but thankfully that wasn't the case. Nice job on keeping us as fuzzy as Dean must have been feeling.

Also great Castiel voice and very intersting tidbit about the Vikings.
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
this was a great one shot...I have always been a sucker for protective Sam. I had kinda figured out that Sam wasn't really there early on but it in now way diminished my enjoyment of the story, it added to it.. Of course Dean would want his brother with him in those circumstances...definitely my favorite line was this one "Cas turned to Sam. “Your brother is still hallucinating? He knows angels don’t mark pagan rituals.”" LOL
Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Hot damn that was one hell of a read! The twists and turns, the blurred line between hallucinations and reality, all wrapped up nicely in the boys relationship and their struggles this season.

You did a great job weaving elements of mystery into Dean's predicament. The itch, the shooting through Sam and lack of body heat - perfectly placed clues as to what is going on without giving the game away too early.

But what really stood out to me was how Dean 'saw' his brother, needed him there for support, to ground him and maintain an element of hope in a world that he couldn't understand. That alone speaks volumes of Dean's true feeling for his brother and you did it all with style and honesty.

I loved the section about how Dean hated Ruby "for eroding the trust between them", how he missed the days he could fix everything and acknowledging how he raised Sam. Wonderfully in-character introspection.

The hunters were a neat twist to the tale too - having them turn on Dean to get Sam to do their bidding, a very unique and plausible idea! And awesome little history lesson with the Viking torture - it slipped really easily into the supernatural world.

I'm with you, I think all is not lost for these brothers. I'm not sure things will ever be the same but who's to say it can't be even better! This fic is all about hope for our boys and you certainly helped to solidify mine.

This was a total pleasure to read, the misdirection and mystery were riveting! The only problem is now I’m just dying to read something else new from you! Take care, Abbi
TraSan chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Wow, twisty-turny plot weaving, girl! I loved it.

The Viking geek fact you wove so seamlessly into this story, Dean's subconscious conjuring up his brother to help him through his ordeal, hurricane!Sammy (always a favorite), and just wonderful story telling as always.

I agree, the boys are on their way back to being brothers and we only have to be patient and we'll see them all the way back.

Great story!
Dianne chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I really hope the boys regain what they once had too. I loved Cas in this story, especially in his uniform. Thanks also for the interesting history lesson with the triangular cells. I loved that Dean hallucinated that Sam was with him in the cell because it gave him support that he needed to survive. Great story, thanks.
CDNGIRL chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
*\o/* Yay! New story!

Here is to hoping that they get the trust back. I am seriously looking forward to that and will be greatly disappointed if it doesn't happen.

This was brilliant! I had a feeling Sammy wasn't really there with Dean, but it was wonderfully written. This is excatly what I was hoping to happen at some point this season, with Dean getting into a predicament and Sammy coming to the rescue. Why haven't the writters written this yet! So thanks to you for filling that craving for me! Keep writting! It makes my day!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
OMG! this was AWESOME! aawwessome!

beautifully written

loved that he thought Sam was there AND oh to Sam and cas totally storming in and kickingass

a perfect fic :)

i may say.,.,.,bloody brilliant!
Neva Skane chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
You had me going! I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why they were hurting Dean, and leaving Sam alone, why the kidnapping, why Sam couldn't remember...I have to admit I didn't figure it out. Fabulous story! I'm geeking out over the Viking information. That's one I haven't heard, and it's pretty weird in a very cool way!
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »