Reviews for Cornered
Neva Skane chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
You had me going! I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why they were hurting Dean, and leaving Sam alone, why the kidnapping, why Sam couldn't remember...I have to admit I didn't figure it out. Fabulous story! I'm geeking out over the Viking information. That's one I haven't heard, and it's pretty weird in a very cool way!
carocali chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
There are so many elements of this story that are just creepy. I was wondering why Sam was acting so off in the beginning. It's interesting how Dean was able to play that right out.

Love the rescue and that Cas had a small part (not overwhelming like he's had in the past) and you added some comedic elements to it as well. And the Viking history? Very cool!

So glad to see you posting again!

;D

Caroline
masondixon chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Loved this story. Lots of Whumped Dean and lots of psychological angst. And Sam and Cas to the rescue. I agree that the boys will always share an unbreakable bond and this story was a good one in that it did keep that hope throughout it. Thank You and I look forward to what you write next.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I really, really enjoyed this. Didn't know Sam wasn't there until Cas said he'd come with Sam! You did that very well. Loved that Sam was who Dean hallucinated was with him. And I totally agree with you that they'll gain everything between them back, probably better. :D

Awesomely done, my dear. :)
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
First of all: I definitely agree with you that in the end the brothers will be okay again. It's still a long road to go but they can do it.

Second, I really liked this story. I was very surprised about Sam being just a hallucination, nice twist there. I also liked Dean's thoughts about the past (Ruby etc) and the (hopefully not going to happen) future (Sam saying yes to Luci).

I enjoyed reading this, keep 'em coming!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Hallucinating Dean and pissed off Sam. My favorite kind of story. I loved the action you had here. Just enough to be a wonderful read, infused with useful,but creepy facts with the cells. Wonderful planning with the hunters gone nuts and I loved the touch with the DVD reaching Sam. you nailed Cas. This fic had funny bits and a great tenseness that kept me on the edge till the end. Great work. Thanks so much for sharing!
ames 449 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Loved this. I don't see why they can't get the balance of bromance and hardened hunter right in the show. You did this perfectly in this chapter. I was reminded of a season 1/2 Sam and Dean, and I found myself really missing that from the show as I was reading.

Storyline was cool. I didn't see that coming at all. I was expected demons so that was a nice twist, and a fairly plausible one. And it just proves that you'll dole out the hurt to either of them - are you sure you're not secretly bi-brother?

As always the writing was impeccable. Really nice job on that frontage. I really enjoyed a lot of the dialogue, too, and easy it seemed to read.
zuimar chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Great read! Loved the hallucination part, Dean really needs his little brother in times of need, doesn't he?

I really hope that you're right with regard to the trust issue between the brothers in the show. I don't have that much faith in the writers at the moment, but I hope I'm wrong.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Awesome tale. Love the notion of the shrinking Viking cell. I was feeling Dean's claustrophobia there.
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
It's always great to see that you've posted a new story and you never disappoint! This was awesome - I loved the little clues you left along the way that Sam wasn't really there - I had suspicions but it took me a bit to really figure it out! I am still hoping we will see something like this in the show, but we've had so many "filler" episodes and we are getting so close to the end now, I don't think we will - so a double thank you for fulfilling this little desire of mine! I totally agree that the boys will get back to a place where they can be what they once were for each other - well not what they once were because it is important that they grow and change and they have. They need to re-establish their bond - but that's a part of life - people change as they grow - and that's what makes this show so compelling. It may be all supernatural-fiction but it is grounded in that very basic human dynamic that is so real...

As always, I will be on the look out for your next fic!
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Gorgeous - and so saved! Wow! This was a fantastic ride! And one that will not only be saved - but recced! Thank you...

*hugs*

Mandy
Chiiyo86 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Great suspense! I was on edge the whole fic, wondering what was happening. I figured that Sam was a hallucination a little before he comes to free Dean, though. And I didn't know about this kind of Vicking torture - you learn something new every day!

I agree with you about the brothers eventually coming back to their former level of trust, and also about the fact that I never thought they ceased to love each other one moment during last season. You're not alone in your optimism!
Tacpebs chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Truely enjoyed this read.
Ciya chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Great story - it would make an interesting episode.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I think this story fit well for the fifth season. I believe the brothers are doing better especially now that Ruby is dead and the trust that once was there will be again. Also, glad this wasn't set in the third season as they are so depressing, Sam fails, Dean dies.

I kept wondering what was going on with Dean and Sam. I couldn't figure out why Sam didn't remember anything and he couldn't keep Dean from getting shot. Nice job with the mystery. I've wondered if those hunters would show up again or if they talked to anyone about Sam.

I'm glad that Sam came to the rescue when he did, I was getting angry at Dean's captives because they kept shooting him even if it was just a tranquilizer.

Loved the rescue and enjoyed the ending with the brothers talking in the hospital room.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
78 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »