Reviews for Cornered
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
That was a superbly done job!

Had me going from the start. Didn't know it wasn't Sam in the cell with him. Didn't know it wasn't Lucifer. Didn't know the walls were really closing in. So many great twists and surprises to keep me guessing all along the way.

Loved Sam and Cas having their little 'geek-fest' there at the end, and how Dean reflects on this being the little brother he always knew and loved. Loved how you tied this all back in to the boys time with Ruby, Sam's being misled by her and how it culminated to their separation, however brief, being largely painful for them both.

I'm with you. I think that so long as the boys stay together, this season will end successfully and their relationship will be better in the end, stronger even.

Thanks for bringing this fic. My alert didn't come through. I only found this for a friend of min rec'ing it to me.
PennyFireFly chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Dean isn't the only one that misses that Sam. I think you captured the Sam before demon blood realy well here. And I have to say that I am all for a sense of hope for my two fav men! Read it- Loved it - Favorited it! :)Penny
Von chapter 1 . 1/23/2010

Yay! I knew Sam wasn't real from when he said "You got jumped, man"!

I didn't know if he was a ghost or a hallucination though.. not until he said he didn't remember anything from any time Dean blacked out.

I admire your twisty brain for these types of plots! A lot of fun!
moira4eku chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I agree with you as well. It will take time, but the brother's will gain what they have lost in each other. I had a feeling that Dean was hallucinating Sam, but his hallucination actual kept him sane and focused. Love the story! Thanks for sharing!
racefh853629 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I really like this story!

Poor Dean, being tortured by these guys. You wrote the story so well that I never would've guessed how it ended!

Fantastic job! :D
Darkyu chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Great story! You stayed in character at all times, the story was awesome and well writen story without counting the fact that the ending was perfectly unexpected. What else can I ask from a story?

Thank you a lot, this one obviously goes to my favorites!
nexus432 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Please write more soon.
S chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Amazing!I never saw that end coming,I'm shocked.I love the way you wrote Dean's point of view at the end,and the hope he finds to finally fix things with Sam. I hope we get to see something like this on the show,it'd be awesome! Absolutely love this story,please write more soon!
LoupGarouAngel chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Great little piece here! I loved the twist you added at the end, and the brotherly love&angst, keep up the good work!
maxine chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
This was an awesome story-one of the best I have read!
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Enjoyed muchly, thank you :-)
Disneymagic chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
WOW! Seriously good and I'm so glad for the hope you offer in this story. I really want to believe that things can be fixed between the two brothers.

I thought you did a great job with the confusion between what was actually happening and what was hallucination. Nice back story to explain the whump as well.

Thanks for the great story!

Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
This story was completely and utterly, 100% FANTASTIC! Bravo, my dear. I'm thrilled with the brotherly love you infused throughout. And it did indeed kindle some hope. Thank you so much for sharing this one.
graceofgod chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Love the story, and the sense of hope! Like you, I believe that somehow, the boys will find their way back to something close to their old relationship, albeit a more matured, tested, and equal one. I don't know when it'll be, and a part of me (quite possibly the part that was really drooling over poor Dean in the shrinking cell, and Sam going nuts - awesome characterisation of a hallucination!) kinda hopes it isn't too soon. There's such a rich vein to be tapped in the distance and wariness still lingering between them, I really hope Kripke and the Network explore it some more!

Thanks for another great read!
Harrigan chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
It's a rare fic set in season 5 that entertains with that snarky brotherly banter and with the care for each other that hooked us on the show to begin with... and then you ended it with hope, too!

That's sort of the whole point, isn't it? ... as Sam once said.

Speaking of great lines, I loved this:

"He hated Ruby, as much now as when he’d plunged the knife into her; for using Sam, for breaking something inside him Dean wasn’t sure could be fixed, for eroding the trust between them, forever changing their relationship.

He’d always love Sam; nothing could change that, but part of him longed for the days when he could fix things – the days of skinned knees and boogeyman nightmares, of teen angst and heartbreak and fights with dad..."

and I loved this description of Sam from Dean's POV: "This was the pain-in-the-ass little brother he knew and loved – scary smart, insatiably curious, the strange mix of scholar and soldier he’d raised."

I love that Dean recognizes that he raised Sam.

There's more I could say about what I loved in this fic, but it would be spoilery and I know sometimes people read reviews before they give the fic a try, so I'll refrain.

Suffice it to say, I'm *so* glad you're writing in this fandom!
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »