Reviews for Blood and Ash
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Amazing in-depth! I love it! Quite sad though , but truly a look of art. The little details of Prussic acid ( AKA HCN, Hydrogen Cyanide) and the smell of bitter almonds hit the spot! Could you make a Fanfiction about Prussia living in Auschwitz? I'd love to read it!
Screechy lady chapter 1 . 2/15
I loved this story! It's and inspired me to right one of my own, and I was wondering if you'd let me use some of the plot and details from your story for my idea?
LyckyDycky chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
I love the new way of thinking how Prussia still lives! This is new! I love the idea. It's rlly creative.
Mediterranean Tomatoes chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
That's a completely different line of thinking then that of anything I've seen before. It was... Nice... Not using the ellipses in a way to show my discomfort, but in more of a pause...
I can't say I hate how the historians almost blamed Prussia more than Germany for the war, seeing as they are- were- so militaristic. But it does upset me that the schools across the world have the Prussian and Germanic histories essentially nonexistent in the text books. F- normal Social Studies, Hetalia is my teacher...
Eien Historia chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I'm so happy, I've been looking for this story again, and its just as I remembered it. This is quite the story, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for deciding to pickup the unusual prompt and then share it here. It's a concept I haven't been able to forget since I read this the first time.
TotallyBlondified chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Wow, this is amazing. I love it! You should do a fic when the Nations find out and are like 'OMFG'
BlackRoseGirl666 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Nice job. Very origenal.
IceArtemis24 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
This was one of the best Hetalia fanfiction I've read in a while. Great job with the fragments, facts, and ideas. It all gave me something to thing of.
Califaction chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Wow. This really hit me hard. It left me shaking and swearing inside. You wrote it amazingly well. The tight, fragmented style, the way the past and the present constantly slide through each other, works. Prussia's rebellion was so moving and so incredibly in-character: "We all know why I'm here" and "Duty meant something different in Old Fritz's time." I love the way you delved into Prussia's history to be able to give such strong support for this unexpected interpretation of his character.

My only criticism would be the almost last line: "Not Prussia, West, Holocaust." It's a really small thing, and an issue of style at that, but I felt as if the line would have had more impact if the comma after "West" had been an em-dash or a colon or something, a punctuation mark that was a little heavier. That's all, and it's totally a personal thing.

The tragedy and suspense of this fic will stay with me for a long time, and I'm really glad you wrote it. I think you did well handling such a sensitive issue. A lot of the time people don't like to think about the Holocaust, but it changed the world, and I'm glad you were able to create a story about Prussia that /showed/ the tragedy and long-lived nature of it all instead of just /telling/ us about it. Thank you so much for writing and posting!
CatherineofAragon chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
I love this story! I really liked that you worked the quotes into the story, especially the last one. An excellent piece of writing!
The Abyss Climber chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Oh. My. Gosh! This was amazing! This idea was so unique. I always wondered why Prussia still stayed.

Your idea was so realistic I would have never thought of it. Plead write more juicy stuff. I love reading hetalia fanfics and yours is my fave!
KnightOfNevermore chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Brilliant. I love it. Hitler's utter hypocrisy never ceases to stun and amaze me. A dark-haired and eyed Austrian establishing the German Blonde-haired Blue-eyed race and using Frederick II as an icon for his party. it's incredible, really. I love the idea of Gilbert being the representation of the Holocaust, his physical features suiting that idea very well, no? Beautiful style and format, how you wrote this. This was undoubtably my favorite line:

"Duty meant something different in Old Fritz' time," fuck this, Gilbert Belischmidt was going out his own way. He winked at the old man's picture and grinned, "When he had his cock up my arse for example," a roar of anger and gasps of shock. "They didn't call him the King in Prussia for nothing you know!"

What I would pay to see those Nazi bastards' reactions. Haha. Everything about this was fantastic and great to ponder! Thank you for writing this so, so, so, so much! Anti-Nazi Gilbert need to be shown more often, as well as Anti-Nazi Ludwig. Definitely one of the best Hetalia stories I have ever read! Thank you so much for writing, and continue to do so!
AngelOfPastPresentAndFuture chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
That was deep. I'm rather speechless I must admit.

Making Prussia oppose Hitler was a great idea and the build-up and the way you wrote this was inspiring.

I really liked this story, brilliant work!

Library Dragon chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
I just had a quick question about this part

"You better find it soon, you fucking-"

"Why? Do you, like, want it back? Maybe you stole it, huh?"

Is this referring to the body of Ol' Fritz, land taken up by the concentration camps, an actual item, or have I missed the mark completely? .

Oh, but LOVELY piece of writing this is (albeit, rather sad).
nautigaas chapter 1 . 7/12/2010