Reviews for Penance
mariojoe chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
good story
la physocologue chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
another very good story. At first i didn't found the summary atractive and it's really sad cause the story is wonderfull. maybe you could add something in it to have more lector!

Why have you choice lupus for illness. Do you know someone who have it?

your a really good author keep writing!
WynonaRose chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
I'm so glad I read this story. Bravo. You did a great job with it. I loved every word. Thank you for writing!
huge sg1 fan chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
great story. i really enjoyed it. :)
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
I think that Neal knows he has good friends.
pdljmpr6 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Loved this, I'm so glad you suggested it to me! Just the right amount of Neal whump, flashbacks and Neal introspection. Also loved the idea of the party and all the different offers Neal had at the end of his sentence. I also like the way you describe Neal going through the various stages of his illness. You didn't go into great detail, because it wasn't needed, just enough to really give us a sense of what it was like for him. I love the description of everyone rallying around him, from the house servents to Peter, Moz and El to Hughes. Great job with this (I am also of the personal opinion that Kate is not truly in love with Neal so I liked the angle you went with on this too). Great overall, wonderful read.

pj
Olivia Sutton chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
You saddled Neal with LUPUS? Man, oh man - very serious, very, very serious! Tho' I must admit - you did a VERY good job writing about the whole diagnosis-trying treatments-remission (Lucky Neal!) thing. When you're suddenly confronted with having a life-altering genetic illness, the first reaction is usually "Oh, good - at least I finally know what's wrong with me", then it hits that things will be different. But I loved Neal's positive attitude - which is what you need to survive that.

BTW, when you described Neal's symptoms, the first thing I thought was *autoimmune* (tho' I was thinking RA, not Lupus), but then I watch too much *House, MD*.

So I take it Neal decided to work permanently for the FBI? At Peter's side as always, eh?

I couldn't help but CONSTANTLY expect something really awful to happen to Neal (after his diagnosis, I mean, which was bad enough) - I mean, I could just see it, it's such a fanfic/drama thing to have Neal get himself hurt or killed just before finally working off his parole.

Anyway, great job!

-Olivia
babybluepineapple chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
oh that was great! I loved how Neal gave up on kate, thats just how i hope it will turn out.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
This was a brilliant was very well written.

My Mom had a friend that had lupus so I knew a bit about it before reading this story.

A friend of mine ex has it as well.

Keep up the great work of writing.

JeanneZ84
Here's Hoping chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
It's okay, Neal. I have lupus too.
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Aww I love it - of course Neal stays! Nice job :)
J. Rosemary Moss chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Good job! I especially like your characterization of Hughes. Despite his rough, no-nonsense exterior, he's always seemed to me like one of the good guys. I'm not surprised he turned out to be so understanding of Neal's difficulties.
daisyduke80 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
i love your story! could you please do another? i really wanna see someone do a little 'what if' on episode 1.08 Hard Sell when Neal and Peter are trapped in that room and Neal quits breathing. please?
Wenwalke chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
That was a very well thought out story. I enjoyed reading it alot. Thanks for sharing. Wendy
gitanejazz chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I think this is the first fanfic I've read that mentioned systemic lupus erythematosus. I had a neighbor who suffered from it, a young woman in her mid 30's, like Neal. She had good days and bad days. I had never heard of the disease before that.

Very nicely done.