Reviews for Dejarik
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Wow. Very dramatic and intense, and a pretty dark Padme as well. I'm a hardcore Anakin/Padme fan, but I can appreciate a good story when I read one. And this is definitely a well-written 'what if?' Nice job!
Thessili chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Just *WOW*. The repetition, the use of metaphors, the language - this rocks!

Dejarik to show their strategy, their viewing of others as pawns to be used.

Favourite line: Palpatine rose to power from behind the mask he wore, while Amidala’s own mask, Padmé, diminished with time

I can see her letting her strong yet cold queen side take over and these two together would be unstoppable.

I love AU and I think your idea here is incredibly creative:)
Cariel chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
This leaves me wondering about how they got so far, how the manipulations and everything made them (or at least the Amidala we see in TPM) change. What happened to Padmé and how did their relationship affect her as a person. I want more details to explain everything, though you did a beautiful job with the descriptions of other details (appearances, like her white nails-which I loved).

/Schemes were made and plots were set in motion. / I know it's just a ficlet and one-shot, but I just wonder how she became so entranced in him that he was able to manipulate her in such a way that she lost her ideals-or did you intend for this to be abstract? Did she never have these ideals in this 'verse-Was she always deceiving everyone? (That's what comes across here, it just makes me curious!)

The end reminds me of another story I read a long time ago, but I can't recall the name of it. i think it was a SW fanfiction that had MarySue in it haha. I like that you used Chess/Dejarik as their game since that really is the manipulators' favourite game.

Lastly, holy crap, can you imagine them ruling the Empire together? That is such a scary idea. I think I'll have nightmares now.
ncfan chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Woah. Before, any thought I had of Palpatine/Amidala just made me go "Eww"!, but you've made it work, mainly by being non-explicit.

The metaphors and descriptions were absolutely fantastic; there was no break in the flow of the story. It just came smoothly, how Padme died in order to make way for Amidala, cold and utterly empty.

Brilliant work.