Reviews for Lackluster
mudpuddledemon chapter 29 . 5/30/2010
So cute!
mudpuddledemon chapter 7 . 5/30/2010
And gradually I stopped accidentally calling him Professor, except when I was angry. And he stopped "removing points from Gryffindor."

That part really made me smile.
the-omnomnom-phenomenon chapter 20 . 5/15/2010
I usally don't go for angsty stuff...but this was good! It was depressing and heartwarming at the same time!
noname chapter 29 . 3/1/2010
This story was poetically beautiful.
Naomi chapter 30 . 2/26/2010
The way you write - so simple, so elegant, so emotional - is absolutely perfect for what you're trying to contrive here. Quite a lovely job you did here, so much that I'm at a loss of words to describe it.
Shaldana Blackwater chapter 10 . 2/25/2010
Your chapter ends: "I packed everything at once, left the key in the landlord's mailbox along with the last month of rent, and disapparated"

...not going in to the capitalization errors, only to say - how did she Disapparete when you said she'd left her wand in the cottage? That's some funky magic there.
Amy chapter 29 . 2/24/2010
That was a great story; I liked the plot and it was refreshingly well written. I like how you wrote the characters, even though their personalities were not quite cannon. You showed excellent character development, and the story flowed well.
Wendy D chapter 29 . 2/20/2010
I just wanted to say before I go and read it again that this story was amazing, fantastic, brilliant. Rarely are Hermoine/Severus stories capable of making my heart jump in my throat the way that yours did. I love it!
Loyd1957 chapter 29 . 2/11/2010
Two lonely, broken people trying to adjust to their failings, emotions and each other. Just love those last 3 chapters. Love it and glad you are starting a new story.
LadySnape88 chapter 30 . 2/10/2010
oh, what's the new story called so I can find it?
Darque Hart chapter 31 . 2/8/2010
I think your story has a lot of merit. It would be better if you combined a few of the extremely short chapters into longer ones, as they seem to be a continuation anyhow. Also, your chapter 6 and 7 are the same chapter. Maybe ask a 'Beta' reader to go over the story with you and help you.

There is nothing wrong with writing JUST about Severus and Hermione; a lot of authors do. Who knows, another idea for a story will come to mind and you'll write again. It's great fun writing, creating something new for Severus and Hermione to do together and I hope you give it another shot. Arthur and Molly served their purpose in the story and what they might have been doing beyond the immediate storyline did not matter. Try writing more and work up to adding more characters into the main story.
Velvet Storm chapter 31 . 2/8/2010
Aww...don't limit yourself. Severus and Hermione are my favorite, too, but the more I write, the more ideas I get about them AND other characters. Your writing style (at least this piece) is unique and enjoyable to read. You know what inspires me to think of new stories? Watch the movies and read fanfiction. :)
laurawillows chapter 30 . 2/8/2010
Hi, This story was way too cute. It may have seemed tragic, and depressing, but it was close to what real life would have been like. There were no crazy high's in their relationship, and it took them a while to finally recognize what was between them. You kept character well, and had a good story arch that didn't rush the plot.

This has been one of the better fics that I've read recently. Thank you.
kass42 chapter 31 . 2/8/2010
Try it and see, you just never know. You have a talent, it would be a shame not to give it another go. But even if you don't, this was a very good story and I enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to write and share.
Artemis Decibal chapter 31 . 2/7/2010
Aww.. you too bad. It would have been great if you did a sequel for Lackluster though! haha.. that'll be good. Perhaps by then Severus will be finally employed and then the world will know they are together and then of course they will be surprised. Or perhaps you could make it where they cast a glamour on Severus so that he could finally be employed and Hermione declares the glamoured him to be her boyfriend and then Hermione is invited to be a professor at Hogwarts and then the glamoured Severus gets dragged along too and becomes the defense against the dark arts teacher or something. And then all the students love the new dada professor and then something happens to cause himself to be revealed to the whole of Hogwarts perhaps at the Great Hall by accident. And then the trouble starts and then they learn to accept him. Haha... it's an idea that's been floating around my head for months now and never got to write it down. You could use the idea for your story if you like. :D
95 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »