Reviews for BrandNew Day
Brenden1k chapter 1 . 11/19
Great work and I share your love for the hero returns home.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
dude that was just freaking awesome!
Zodiac101 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
beautiful
The Weird Kid chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
That was well written. And I found the ending beautiful.
CkretAznMan chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
A good short story. There are a few grammar errors here and there but it doesn't spoil the oneshot too much. It's a good aftermath summery of the anime. Also, thank goodness it was short.
Dreadman chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Awesome.

The way you delivered Shu's maturing after his experience with Hellywood was awesome, and you kept it flowing without any dialouge.

An extremely well written story.
NinePhantomDragons chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I liked this one shot. This is probably exactly what would have happened when he returned home. Good job.
Dawn Gazer chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
A criminally under-reviewed story that deserves more attention and praise than its gotten, a blissfully short but achingly long short-story filled with some of the stuff that NaTHaT is filled with. When I first came into reading this story I anticipated a long angsty/possibly heartfelt slog of something equivalent to how someone who hasn't experienced it sees PTSD. Instead I got something better. NaTHaT is filled to the brim with so much, good and bad, but doesn't really dwell on it, instead burying it deep in your own heart to contemplate. It'll invoke tears from your eyes and a bring a smile to your face.

This story does the same thing. A near perfect balance struck, with little to nitpick at.

Well done Rio, and thank you for your treasured little gem.
SgtKang chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Wow - excellent writing and very poignant. There are so few fics for 'Now and Then, Here and There' that it's very nice to find one of such great quality. It would have made an excellent little epilogue to the series itself if done in animated form.
NKSCF chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Well done, Rio Azules. A great followup to a great anime. I love the way Shu starts to reintegrate himself into society, while not being able to fully go back to the way he was, because he's grown in maturity since the last time he was there.

His inability to find a woman as strong or memorable as Sara or Lala-Ru is something I'd never once thought about, but it makes perfect sense in context. His speeches to his teachers about the importance of water was also a nice touch.

Minor problems: "the poliece had found him" should have "poliece" become "police".

Okay, I know the names for characters are different for most everyone, but from what I understand the correct spelling of two characters you mention is "Sara" with no h and "Lala-Ru" with a capital R. "Zadi Bars" is typically "Zari-Bars", but, with all of these names, they're open to debate, so it's really up to you how you keep them.

"Hellywood" should also be italicized, since, I've been told, it's like Hamdo's "ship". And, just like something like the "USS Yorktown" is italicized, so is "Hellywood."

Just a minor slip up here: "He’d kept up his Ellywood training", with "Ellywood" needing to be "Hellywood". Just a simple mistake we all make. No problem there.

Other than these minor quibbles, I love this complete fan-fic. Shu is definitely changed by his experiences and in some ways it's not so good, as shown with his lack of reconnecting with some of the people he knew. However, his overall compassionate nature continues to show up, allowing him to use his knowledge of what happened to him to help others.

I especially loved the last lines. Shu's longing for Lala-Ru is well-written and very touching. Just like the ending of the show in question, you keep up the positive feeling it gave, and I really enjoyed reading this. Awesome job, Rio Azules.