Reviews for Mythos and Dreams
Elita-2 chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Never like those slimmey tentacled Quintessons.

Great story.
Sefiriot chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Will you follow up this story? I was longing for some good ol' Transformers crossed with Lovecraft or Burrough's Barsoom stories (I have visions of Ironhide talking old war stories with Tars Tarkas), and lo and behold, you answered! \o/ Optimus/Hound works very well in this. And wow, Hound was/is the dealer of the "kill you" in that "If I told you I'd have to kill you" clause, even if the person who found out was Prime? ...On second thought, if the elders REALLY didn't want the secret to get out, they'd definitely would've had to offline Prime permanently: Prime would've considered it a necessity for the truth to out, at least a little of it.

Oh wait- Unicron and Primus are the Cybertronian Great Ones! XD Or maybe they're something else beyond that: the question in this case is who made the All-Spark, or brought it to Cybertron, and how and why did he/she/it/whatever do so?

So Cthulhu was a Quintesson? I'm thinking that there's NO reason why there shouldn't be any Great Old Ones- sorry, Quintessons, like Cthulhu, or Yog-Sothoth or something still around on Earth, trapped in stasis by the power of the anti-Quintesson tablet. Weren't there Old Ones in the Antartic too? Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!

Now, here's a somewhat scary thought-Optimus's moving of that amulet may have woken up Cthulhu instead...As I recall, R'lyeh is supposed to be underwater, and they moved that tablet OUT of the sea...and water is inimical to whatever means the dread ones use to communicate with their worshippers by telepathy; might not that tablet which keeps them pinned underwater suffer the same problem? Uh-oh.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I am at a loss for words to describe what I think here. From the very start to the rather open ending, I was definitely hooked. Excellent job.