Reviews for Closer
MichaellaD chapter 3 . 9/5/2014
I'm confused. So they can't reach each other's hands (although their hands are free enough to eat) but she can put her head on his shoulder?
lj13oct chapter 24 . 9/9/2012
I love how you gave so much depth and believability to this. Your writing skills really rock!
bookish327 chapter 24 . 3/10/2012
This was such a great fic! (And I don't use multiple exclamation points often nor lightly, so I really mean them here.) As soon as I read the story summary, I knew that the premise was perfect for me. I'm not a fan of angst, but I will get through it if it leads to a "greater good," such as Lisbon and Jane realizing how much they need each other, in so many ways. When I discovered how well-written this fic was, it was even better. (Sometimes a writer has a great idea for a fic, but she just doesn't have the talent to do it justice. Or she needs a beta to check for mistakes and to give suggestions.) Anyway, the hostage idea was perfect when you put Lisbon and Jane together in this situation. If only one of them had been taken hostage and the other had to find and save him/her, that would have been a good story. However, putting them together in this situation so that all they have is each other was genius. I also love how you wrote their time together in this beyond-stressful, dangerous situation: they were both completely all about protecting the other and never got petty and angry with each other (e.g. blaming each other for anything that they'd done earlier, or anything that they'd failed to do). They each did everything they could to protect and save the other, whether it was to endure torture and abuse or, in Jane's case, to go back to the charlatan persona that he loathed from his past. While I was reading it, I kept wondering how things were going back with Cho, Rigsby, and Van Pelt in their no-doubt frantic search through files and leads for what could have happened to Lisbon and Jane. However, now that it's over, I'm glad that you never went to their POV because it kept the focus on the confined, edgy POV and vibe that Jane and Lisbon were having to endure and live through, every minute of every day for weeks. We were there with them, with no reprieve in the anxiety of what would happen next and who, whether Genny or Steve, would lose their grip first and do something that no one could come back from.

Anyway, you wrote these characters with great insight and true to the Lisbon and Jane we know, and your words and plot-lines flowed along smoothly and made me want to keep reading, not stopping for anything unnecessary. (In fact, I read the entire fic, from beginning to end, in the last 2-3 hours, which is my favorite way to read fics, because I'm impatient when I'm enjoying a great book or fic.)

Wonderful job! I hope to read more of your Mentalist fics!
ShadowBallad chapter 24 . 10/24/2011
Hiya!

Lovely story! Have to say I prefer fluffy over angsty any day, though the story did indeed have a lot of delicious angst in it too. :)

The way you developed their relationship was very convincing - also I really liked the tasteful way you handled the attempted-rape scene. Enough to squick, but no more. :) I don't want to sound patronising, but really good job on that. :)

Gaah, just loved that ending though! Lisbon shutting up Jane with kisses...priceless. Now only if they'd get around to doing that on the show, haha!

Best!

Cheers,

Ballad
chymom chapter 24 . 8/7/2011
Great job! More like this?
Heart of Diamond chapter 24 . 7/11/2011
This is most definatly one of the best Mentalist stories i have ever read! Keep up the awesome work!

Fly On...

Heart of Diamond
ellesbelles2009 chapter 24 . 6/9/2011
Amazing story :-)
Sandpiper01 chapter 24 . 2/26/2011
This...was... AMAZING. my heart actually started to beat faster in certain parts, and a story hasn't done that to me in a while. :)
jayley chapter 13 . 1/31/2011
gosh, this story is interesting, but i'm definitely really uncomfortable when women characters get kidnapped...it's not like when nancy drew got kidnapped. hopefully they'll be rescued
liv.einziger chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I had read this story (well most of it) a long time ago, when it wasn't finished yet, and I didn't have a FF account back then, so I didn't favorite it or alert it, and it got closed and lost in one of those accidents when firefox's tabs close and you forget what was in them... anyway. I just want to let you know how glad I am I found this story again and managed to read the ending. Wonderful! You are really talented! I have read other stories by you and they're all great. Congratulations!
EnsignRo chapter 24 . 12/31/2010
Just came across this story today and love how you paced it. The characters feel right and the end made me smile.

Happy New Year!
cindyt63yahoo.com chapter 24 . 12/31/2010
PERFECT ending!
MeltedChoccoButton chapter 24 . 12/30/2010
Great story. Thanks for a good read.
theskydreamer chapter 24 . 12/29/2010
This was so well written! Great job, happy holidays!
funnygirlOoObroadwaybaby chapter 24 . 12/29/2010
Once I began reading this I could not put it down! This was wonderfully written and thought out! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who is a bit slow at updating ;) I will defenitly be reading more of your work :)

Take care