Reviews for Truths Too Big to be Told
I feel like the Marisol mystery is bigger than most of the mysteries solved on the show. This is huge, and heartbreaking, terrible and a huge issue in the world right now. It also creates tension between LoVe and they're still together. If only RT had taken a page from your book.
NerdinaMemina chapter 7 . 7/6
Okay I guess Luis is a name Juan Ayala went by.
I knew that Miguel sold Marisol, but it still makes me sick. The fact that it was based on a true story makes me even sicker. Ugh. That's what I get for reading a story that makes me feel things on every side of the spectrum.
NerdinaMemina chapter 6 . 7/5
I thought Mr. Manning's name was Stuart? His name in this is Peter.
I'm not sure how you do it, but you write the dialogue in the perfect cadence to a character's dialect. I'm going to have to study that because it's super cool.
So I'm assuming the 09er boys donated the money to the Del Dios County Community Center, why Del Dios County and not Balboa county where Neptune is located?
Thank you so much for the mental image of Logan in Johnny's black dance duds. If only Jason Dohring actually danced.
Great inclusion of the Russian Roulette scene, you're an expert story weaver of canon and this AU, sometimes it's hard to tell which is which.
NerdinaMemina chapter 5 . 7/5
Finally there's smut, Meg's secret is out, and we know who the driver of the SUV is, and how the accident was caused. Lots of angst, sadness, but with a big heaping dose of tenderness and understanding. The last scene makes Alicia the most understanding mom ever. I love your version of her.
NerdinaMemina chapter 4 . 7/5
So when V questions the Reyes family, they say they hadn't seen Luis, Marisol's father, ina year. Later, when V is transcribing notes, she says Marisol's father's name is Juan Ayala. Is Luis a known alias of Juan Ayala?
Two cases of child abuse in this chapter, at this point only suspected that Marisol was abused, but Grace is in the hospital from non violent abuse. No wonder you had such a hard time writing this chapter. I'm impressed and grateful that your not glossing over these issues and bringing them to light. It wasn't really addressed in the show, and only glossed over in the books how Grace was abused. I mean Veronica was guilty about it, but she still didn't make the Manning parents pay for their crimes.

I feel like V is being a little petty for Logan lying about the tapes. I mean I'd be furious, but she seems mildly annoyed and is making him squirm. I guess she is 17 though, and she's allowed to be a little petty.
NerdinaMemina chapter 3 . 7/5
The scenes where V is starting to look for Marisol, make me a bit weepy. I can't imagine how it would feel to have a child go missing. In fact, I can even kind of understand Anna's increased drug use. Thank goodness for Sophia being there and taking initiative.

I never really understood why the 09ers would burn down the pool. I think V would have been more mad than she was, but at least Logan apologized. I'm also glad that V said that burning things was not the way to go, but a pool affected children more than the bikers.
NerdinaMemina chapter 2 . 7/3
I think on your Pinterest board you had Matt Bomer as Matt the neighbor. I whole heartedly agree with that choice.

Again V puts Jake in his place by basically calling him an oblivious coward. No kudos for the Kanes!

The class warfare in this AU is already so much better than canon. The fight on the beach is terrifying.
NerdinaMemina chapter 1 . 7/2
This chapter did a really good job of recapping everything without making me bored. You really excel at weaving in canon story points with your own, all while mostly keeping LoVe together. Now, on with the rest of summer!
I really liked this
Phrankie chapter 23 . 1/2
Bettina should go to Kendall and ask for tips. She is quite repulsive character. Finally Logan and Veronica are having grownup mature conversations to help build on the foundation of their relationship. They've come a long way. I really enjoyed reading this story again. Veronica looking for Marisol is one of my favorite mysteries.
Phrankie chapter 22 . 1/2
I love that Logan’s thoughts went to Dick first during the scavenger hunt. Also, the reality of Veronica’s traumatic events would not fad easily. Glad to see you address that without overplaying it.
Phrankie chapter 21 . 1/2
I really love how you portray Logan and Shiloh's relationship. She loves him unconditionally and he doesn't even realize that is why big, bad Logan Echoll's is suddenly interested in finger paints.
Phrankie chapter 20 . 1/2
This chapter really delves into Logan's self-worth issues. Most people would never think that Logan had a low self-worth, but most of his confidence actually comes from being realistic and knowledgeable about how people work. He knows that even if someone hates him, they will respect his power and he uses that to his advantage. He also knows that people don't stay for power. Also, I really like the brother/sister vibe between Wallace and Veronica.
Romantic Journalist chapter 5 . 12/12/2015
I don't remeber if you included pieces of the conversation between LoVe when he comes over for dinner at the apartment with Keith. He says, "No talk of milky thighs." I thought that entire scene was hilarious, how she interuppted he interagation and Logan looked on with adoration. And, of course, Keith and Veronica bantering is always a plus.
Romantic Journalist chapter 21 . 12/5/2015
I really hope Dick and Mac become MiCk. I'm such a fan of both characters and they deserve love! I know John is having a rough go, but why drag on a dead relationship? And that psych clinging to Dick? I like the way you portrayed Duncan because he is seriously dumber than sack of bricks, but come on! Send him to Australia or something. Bleh. And I like that Weidman recognizes V's power, but holding on to all that knowledge, her rape, and doing nothing? I'd like to see more romance for Wallace. He is definitely a favorite as her BFF. And more LoVe smut! Sorry. It's a horrible fixation. The way you've weaved this to get, the setting and tones and language. It's all so brilliant! The small errors do not take away from the bigger picture, which is breathtaking. I can't imagaine how much work you put into creating this. Thank you! I absolutely love the changes, minus Lynn's desire for attention, and I can't wait to see what happens with the PCHers.
953 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »