Reviews for Truths Too Big to be Told
ShanghaiLily chapter 23 . 3/5/2013
Just wanted to say I really loved this one! You definitely found your groove with the sequel. Your mystery was really compelling and intricate - I really didn't know what was going to happen. You could really see Veronica's growth as both a person and an investigator as she dealt with the issues.

The Meg drama was really well done - especially the part where her parents try to force her into carrying Rosemary's baby. Completely believable in context and supremely creepy. You have Meg way more depth than she had in the show and also developed her character arc quite a bit, making her stronger in a way that was realistic and earned.

I like the parallels between Veronica/Shi and Meg/Grace. I found the story line concerning Veronica's home life to be insane but compelling at the same time. The Lianne having a secret baby thing was super far fetched, but I didn't care because it was so well executed and really drove the plot in a way - showing Veronica's transition from self-centered angst to empthy for others. Instead of focusing on herself, she focused on her sister, and instead of focusing on her best friend's murder, she focused on the disappearance of a girl she'd never met. Giving Veronica a little sister while she was investigating the disappearance of a little girl gave the plot more weight. Also, THANK YOU for writing a child who speaks at a realistic level for her age. It's crazy how many fics have two year olds speaking like they're eight.

I really enjoyed this fic throughout and found it a lot tighter (plot wise) than the original. If I had to pick anything that didn't work for me, it would have to be the silly games and betting that the teens were doing (not a big fan of the evening of fake accents - felt like it took momentum out of the main plot and didn't forward the story.

That said, it's such a minor drawback to an awesomely good story. You outdid yourself here! Going into my favs list :)
ShanghaiLily chapter 11 . 2/28/2013
Nice tete-a-tete with V/Jake Kane. Love the enigmatic CW, as always.

But Jake- he really is a delusional loser. It's one thing to have almost nothing to do with your daughter (crazy considering he lost a daughter and was devastated by it - you'd think he'd appreciate Shi more, instead of fixating in an unhealthy way on VM), and another thing to leave her with a woman who he knows has a drinking problem. What I don't get, is why is he doesn't hire a more responsible nanny. This nanny is always 'leaving' or being dismissed by Lianne. Why wouldn't Jake insist that she keep the nanny at the house? It's not like Lianne is in a position to deny him that request?

Hot Logan/V action. You have a talent for the smut, but you must know this by now. I like how you always find different and interesting ways for them to get it on. Keeps it interesting for your horny readers LOL.
ShanghaiLily chapter 10 . 2/28/2013
I must admit, I really loved Lamb in this episode, as well as in your story. I have a soft spot for the man, what can I say? Glad to see you giving Leo some airtime...
ShanghaiLily chapter 9 . 2/28/2013
Loved the Meg stuff, but I'm struggling with V/Keith. Keith just seems a little OOC to me here. He was always so patient with V, and the only time he ever got supremely pissed off was when she smuggled Duncan and the baby out of the country. Even when she got arrested, he was blase. In my mind, he would be able to sense that there was something very wrong going on and he'd be supportive. He may not break the law, but Keith is smart and creative, so I could see him finding a back door way to get the kids away from the Mannings. He just seems so angry with her in every chapter. I also think if he came to a party to talk to Logan, he would have spoken to him and not forgotten about it - he's like his daughter in that he doesn't let things go. On the other hand, Alicia is cool :)
ShanghaiLily chapter 8 . 2/28/2013
The scene with Weevil and Veronica at the bar - actually the whole Miguel sequence - was genius. You're totally on your game when you write those tense scenes with Veronica snooping. Your Weevil voice is perfect and I just love the dynamic. I think this might be my favorite chapter so far - possibly of both books. And when you add all of the creepy Manning stuff on top of it, it really feels so true to the series. 10/10
ShanghaiLily chapter 6 . 2/28/2013
I'm old, so I loved of all of the Dirty Dancing quotes, obviously.
Very curious to see what you do with Beaver/Dick (I adore your Dick btw ... that sentence sounds SO wrong). On to the next!
ShanghaiLily chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Bombshells galore! Great setup. I like how you changed the bus crash (which was so traumatic, esp for those of us who like the Meg character) into a car crash and built a mystery/silent conspiracy around it. Very original :)
LilLadyMe chapter 23 . 12/5/2012
Hiya!
Have to admit your "truth" sequel is my favorite but each time I read it I can't help but regret some of your French translation... Would you like to have a more accurate translation for your dialogues? I really like your stories, honestly, it's like the fourth or fifth time I've read it!
RedJane12 chapter 23 . 12/3/2012
WOW! Great finale! Loved that you included a fight after the fun times at the Grand... So LoVe to got from sex to fighting! Great to see the Lester family... Hope to see Grandpa Crankypants soon again... And Grandma Hatchet... You created two awesome characters there... The last scene with L coming back 'home' was so sweet... You are right it could end there... But I am SO glad it isn't!
RedJane12 chapter 22 . 12/3/2012
Loved V's game... Oscar Wilde is a perfect choice as his aphorisms are kind of clever and witty like V & L's best snarking lines... I know it is fluffy but liked them 'playing'... Esp. in the midsts of the crimes and the family drama... It was hilarious that L thought the beast he's attached to was Dick... And on Dick, really enjoying Dick and Mac's exchanges slowly building a complicity that may lead to more (though Dick seems kind of there already...)
RedJane12 chapter 21 . 12/3/2012
Loved the family scenes at both Logan's and the Fennel's - they are sweet but not corny...
Poor V having Aaron-related nightmares which of course she can't share with L - good to have Keith in a strong position to support her and make sure justice prevails (I guess though I recall in the show it didn't exactly go that way)
RedJane12 chapter 20 . 12/1/2012
I feel a kind of subplot story of boys making poor decisions... Duncan with Kendall (though in this story, it makes sense... he's so lost and isolated... ripe for the picking...), and Dick... oh Dick... you should know better...

Ah, excellent 'fight' between L & V - no doubt the entire Aaron Echolls' trial is going to put their relationship under pressure again... but they seem to be getting better at dealing with problems. I love how you write those scenes.
RedJane12 chapter 19 . 12/1/2012
Poor Grace (and Meg!) but at least she got rescued eventually. Nice mystery around the Mannings picking up from the show but making it a much bigger story. I thought it was great and loved how you gave Don Lamb a bit of a redemption here - Lamb was a douche (I still can't understand how may fics have him with V) but at least he did see the Mannings as the evil people they were...
And Molly Fitzpatrick makes an appearance! I guess that will go into the senior year... can't wait to see how you develop that storyline!
RedJane12 chapter 18 . 12/1/2012
Very nice birthday party for V at the Fennel's - it's so nice to see everyone happy... Very funny dialogue between V, Mac and Meg... In particular:

'Mac: ... Logan told him he'd hunt Richie down and maim him. Or maybe it was that he would set Richie's hair on fire. Or maybe his car. I'm not sure. But a threat was issued.
...
Veronica: It's kinda sweet actually.
Mac: Sure, in a world where threatening violence is a way to express love.'
RedJane12 chapter 17 . 11/30/2012
Loved the chapter... pretty fluffy (duh! love overboard right?) but the little chat between Mac and Dick was very touching... Some foreshadowing there?

I am intrigued by the Kendall & Duncan story... Whilst I can see Kendall's intentions towards Logan, Duncan doesn't strike me as a stud that Kendall would want to hook up with... I guess there is more to it?
888 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »