|Reviews for Severus and Hermione FanFiction Cliches|
| Sassyluv chapter 1 . 7/31/2016
There is also the cliche of them having a one night stand and leaving her pregnant... Two twists - he either decides to do the noble thing or he ignores the kid, then when it comes to hogwarts he realises how amazing his son/daughter is then he gets together with Hermione... The End!
Ps - I thought this was very funny... And so very true!
| jescweber chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
Yep! Supper funny and factual!
| OzRatbag2 chapter 1 . 6/9/2016
I enjoyed this, though there was the uncomfortable realisation that I was at least partially guilty for mashing together several of these cliches.
So, in summary of outing myself (but they were fun to write)...
1. (guilty) Yep, though I did have both of them in the Muggle world.
2. (sort of guilty...if you squint) I had both of them as work 'cough' partners in the Dept of Mysteries
3. (nope - breathes a sigh of relief) ;)
4. I have never ever even thought of writing a ML fic. I was in the original Yahoo WiKTT chat when Chelleybean nutted it out. It was never ever meant to be the vehicle it became. It was far, far darker and only a few writers ever wrote the underbelly versions. I am however guilty of enjoying many very good fics, all Marriage Law of all shapes and sizes, so I'm probably guilty by association.
5. (again, sort of guilty) His office, Cruciatus and the word spy carved into his flesh by an unseen hand.
6. (not guilty) - Time Turner, yes, but they end up hating each other.
7. I hope that I don't Sue or Stu them, but that is up to readers to decide. I'd like to think they have flaws...but maybe that's delusion. ;p
8. Guilty but not married and no kids.
That was fun. It thought I'd avoided most of the tropes, but apparently not. :D
| JulGladiat chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
So true... Really most of them are always the same but then there comes one that makes you keep reading, and it's worth it. Ver good critique, a breath of fresh air (I've always wanted to say thatif there's any spelling/grammar mistake you can blame it on my Spanish nationality, that's the reason I avoid leaving comments on English stories, but your fic made me feel so ashamed of reading so many typical HGSS that I needed to defend my honour
| Angelus23 chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
Lmfao, as much as I hate to admit it and will still read those stories anyway, this is absolutely true :-)
| Noder chapter 1 . 9/6/2015
This is actually brilliant! I had a good laugh :)
| patriziapalmas1973 chapter 1 . 7/25/2015
:-) :-) :-)
| Emma Watson chapter 1 . 6/1/2015
I can't stop groaning
| Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
Yay! good rundown.
| RandomLogic13 chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
You love this pairing? Seriously? Doesn't seem like it but I'll take your word for it. Regarding the clichés though you are totally right, and hilarious! I really liked reading it, some authors can pull off some clichés quite well though, althogh I admit it is only about 2% of all HG/SS writers. The worst ones for me are the Mary Sue Hermiones, soooo annoying! Oh, and the mushy OC Snapes so many people are fond of, the whole hard shell on the outside but really he is a lovely, mushy, romantic guy who is simply misunderstood. And of course the sex god Snape who wears an appearance detracting charm or something like that, i can't quite cope with that. Still your writing is great and I really enjoyed reading this!
| Dimac99 chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
Yep, I read all of those fics. ALL OF THEM. Repeatedly. Some of them were actually quite good actually, but the cliches do make me giggle. Genius deconstruction. Except for the bit about Sex God!Snape, because as we all know, that is A True Fact ;-)
| atena92 chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
I'm not a native speaker so sorry for possible mistakes. I really enjoy this one-shot. I was laughing all time I was reading, you have great sense of humor. The story is very funny but I think you showed the truth about most of SS/HG parings. It's rare to find an original idea for fanfiction about them. I'm adding to favorites. Greetings from Poland :)
| lexi.atel chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
LOL good laugh! Hard to find a good fic though.
Anyway, I loved it because of Sev!
| Emmeebee chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Haha. I tried reading some Snape/Hermione fics for something different and to help me understand the rationale but generally struggled with the idea. I can definitely recognise most of these cliches either from this couple or other ones!
| Blumenkasten chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
Very nice :D