Reviews for Shadows of the Past
Lady Florance1983 chapter 6 . 1/30/2015
Excellent story. I’ve read in one hour because I couldn’t leave it. I've loved all descriptions of fights and thoughts of the characters, and I have no words how brilliant this chapter is.

The idea that Robin succumbed to fever not immediately after he had been stabbed by Guy appeals to me. I do really like it because it’s something different to the other stories I read. I’ve liked the scene when Robin is fighting with masked Guy trying to drive him away from the king’s bed.

I was a little surprised that Robin wasn’t the Captain of the King’s Private Guard, for I remember that it was said on the show Robin was in charge of the Private Guard. Apart from this, it’s a great story.

It’s so good that you and several other authors love Robin and write about him. The fandom is mainly Guy-centric now, and this is not what I like very much.
Lady Marianne chapter 6 . 11/18/2014
This was such a good story that I'm sorry I'm only just learning now that it existed! It's a different take on Robin's last days as a crusader than one usually sees around here, which is nice. I just wished you would have written just a little bit more, at least until they got to Locksley, but that's just my personal preference. The story was perfect as it was.
Fawkes Flame chapter 6 . 10/24/2012
Robin and Much are totally sweet together - bromance at it' finest :) In the show there was most of the time so little of that... Really great story!
Sister-of-Tal-Kyrte chapter 6 . 7/14/2012
This is exactly how I picture Robin. He's just saved the King's life (and been personally thanked and honored by him) and stabbed in the side, and yet he still drags his half dead body across the sand dunes in the middle of the night to practice archery because he thinks he isn't good enough.

This was a beautiful story. Well done. :)
ilovebeingme4ever chapter 6 . 9/7/2011
Wow, the whole story was just amazing! I really like the stories with Robin and Much in the Holy Land and the battles and such. You have a way of putting the reader into the environmant of the times. Well done! It really deserved reading it!
Lulu chapter 6 . 8/16/2011
Great story. Robin is like I imagine. I often wonder how Robin had recovered from his fever, I like your explanation.
Singer Sira chapter 6 . 7/15/2011
I loved this story. You portrayed Robin and Much perfectly.
evila-elf chapter 6 . 3/11/2011
Sad to reach the last chapter. I was trying to make them last. Such a lovely grasp of the characters. But now I am curious about why Much doesn't like fish ;)
evila-elf chapter 3 . 3/6/2011
Wow. Was on the edge of my seat! I knew Robin was going to try to spar, but holy crap! I liked how it started turning to dirty tactics before it was broken up ;)
Shadow Chaser chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
Another good short story. On my review for "Condemnation" I had mentioned the name of your other series as Bounds of Brotherhood - my bad...supposed to be Boundaries of Brotherhood. Forgive me. Also my apologies for not logging in to review this fanfic.

Anyways, I like this one - very insightful as usual and definitely gives weight to Robin's departure (however reluctant) from the Holy Lands. Great job! Looking forward to the day I can finally read your main RH series.

-Shadow Chaser
Jammeke chapter 6 . 9/9/2010
Why didn't I read this story before? And why am I bothering you with this question? The point is, I have read it now - and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. As expected.

I liked Robin's inner struggles in this story - my, do you write the man's emotional turmoils well. Of course he would feel guilty over missing one time. One time! And he saved the King afterwards, so it didn't even matter. *shakes head* I wouldn't want to be him. But I love looking at him - and reading about him, of course.

I liked Robin's interaction with King Richard (their relationship fascinates me, there aren't enough Robin/Richard stories out there!) and all his scenes with Much, of course. You have their voices down so well. Most of Much's comments made me laugh or want to hug him. His concern for Robin is so touching.

I became quite fond of Matthew as well. I think I mentioned your interesting OCs before, but it never hurts to give a compliment twice. So there you have it. Speaking of compliments, I thought you did a great job at describing Robin's fever. I'm not a medic, and I have no understanding of illnesses and treatments whatsoever, but I bought it completely.

I wanted to craddle both Robin and Much so badly during this story. Robin was worrying enough as it was, and on top of that, he believed the King didn't want him at his side anymore. And then Much started thinking the same - except he thought Robin didn't want him at his side anymore. Why are they so emotionally messed up? And why do I love them so much for it?

To end this essay, I would like to point out I loved Robin and Much's conversation on the boat back to England. No wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to mention one particular line before I get into one of the funniest and most touching Much/Robin conversations I've ever read.

["Robin knew that Much was grateful to just be on land, he didn't care what land, just as long as it wasn't moving beneath his feet."] - I was going to say something about this line. But my brain isn't functioning properly. It's experienced an overload of epicness. This line was the final blow.

Thankfully, I seem to have enough brain cells left to comment on the Much/Robin conversation. I loved Much's talk about food and having feasts every day. Oh Much. *shakes head* His lines made me laugh out loud. Robin's lines made me smile contently, especially the last one. ["Why?"] Quite possibly the shortest sentence ever. But it means the world to me (and Much, presumably). Because it shows Robin's listening. *squee*

Thank you for making me smile (and cry a little). I don't have enough good words to say about this story. But you must have noticed I've made an attempt.

~Jammeke
albaKonst chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
This is so good, I especially love the ending. Clever that the ending leaves a story to carry on (the reason behind Much's immense dislike for fish) and that mirrors how there's still a bigger story to come for all the characters/England in general (Robin of Locksley becoming Robin Hood, fighting the new evil sheriff etc...). Good story overall, thanks.
Kegel chapter 6 . 3/17/2010
lol Poor Much won't get all he dreamt of... and that's not even Em being evil. She is evil in other fics. Nice ending to this one :)
Kegel chapter 5 . 3/17/2010
I really liked the Robin-Much part :) Em writes so well.
jadey36 chapter 6 . 3/15/2010
Thank you for sharing this story. I really enjoyed your take on what happened to Robin and Much in the Holy Land and how he ended up being sent home - lots of conflicting emotions and loved how you touched on his friendship with Much. I guess we'll have to make up our own minds as to why Much doesn't like fish :)
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »