Reviews for Human Souls
Beautiful.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
The emotional power in this is simply brilliant. And staggering.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
This story is quite lovely.

I think Spock is often badly written, to the point that I think even some of the TOS scripts write him badly. It's hard to write a character smarter than oneself, and most writers, actors, directors, and producers have little or no scientific training, so even highly intelligent writers, actors, directors and producers have trouble understanding the scientific mindset. Spock would observe closely, remember everything, draw conclusions, and test those conclusions with fresh observations. I think he would understand humans MUCH more than he is shown doing in TOS, probably better than many humans understand themselves, much as you show him doing here. Kudos!
Lascka chapter 1 . 7/11/2013

Love it. Just that. I love this story. U_U

I always find it weird, and slightly shocking that they have thoroughly ignored Kirk's nephew in TOS. I like that it's Spock who help him with his emotionnal problems. It's sweet, and ironically logical. After all, who other than him (and McCoy) can handle a Kirk ?

Well, thank you for this story ! :D

Bye :
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Good job!
Eavis chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
The symbolism, the stark beauty of this piece, is all the more vivid and stellar because of the heart-breaking backdrop of these men's friendship.
Milton Perry chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I am struck watching Spock in close-up as he acts in such an empathetic and perceptive way. It makes the iceberg shell melt to unveil his personality's candide and very sensitive core. The ambience you are creating here is amazing.
Satin Ragdoll chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
I like, I like! Compassionate Spock.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I love the symbolism of toppling over the white king. I also love the exquisitely emotional complex scene of Spock bonding with Peter.
Mister D8a chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Great story

James
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Why would Spock know that Kirk said this?

Appart from that this is a truly brilliand and touching story. Belivable too.

Each and every character had it's place in this, each and every single one of them acts just like you would suspect them to.

Even Peter, whom we not know.

Writing children is no easy task and most people don't get it right. Peter however seemed to behave 'logical' for lack of a better word, given the circumstances, who and where he is as well.

McCoys first full line seems familiar but I can't remember why.

In any case, I had a good time reading this and I believe it is actually helpfull.
Xtin2000 chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
beautiful...
Irene14 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Woooow.

Perfect. Emotionally compelling. A sense of healing. You capture the entire grief cycle, and the start of healing. Your descriptions of Spock's restrained emotions, his burning desire to help Jim heal, it's incredible.

The white king knocked over at the end was poignant.

Thank you for sharing your awesome talent!

Irene14

PS-this story is an awesome start to Peter's relationship with the crew. Author .Hilt. has 2 stories following Peter thru the acadamy, and this blends perfectly with them.
monroe-mary chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
*melts* If I wasn't already in love with Spock, I'd totally be after this. Such compassionate patience with Peter, such quiet affection and concern for Jim. And the 'let me help' - he could just as well have said "you're my friend, I love you, let me care for you". And Kirk tipping the king like that - as much as I would have liked to see the actual comfort scene taking place after that, it was a beautifully significant way to end the fic, to show that he was finally acknowledging the pain he'd struggled to keep in check the whole week, admitting he couldn't deal with it alone and accepted his friend's help. It made both my heart clench and sigh in pleasure. So much love. I want to hug both of them very hard, and Peter too. Very poignant, moving and tender.
Lilith Luciferia chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Great pensive friendship/tragedy piece. I love your writing; you capture the characters wonderfully. Once again, very nice work.