Reviews for Finding a Tree in the Forest
emilyhotchner-olicity-bethyl chapter 2 . 3/6/2013
Hahahaha! Hotch to the rescue! And dave having the picture as wallpaper! Hahaha! Sweet hotch!
Pheonix1995 chapter 3 . 4/7/2012
AWW! Hotch is SO cute! Loved it! LOLed at image of Reid on a double date with Morgan! HAHA! Awesome as usual!
FallenAngelFromTheSky chapter 3 . 5/29/2011
This is probably my favorite! I love it! So sweet...Hotch is so awkward...
Twolf2208 chapter 3 . 7/10/2010
hmmm... I say u need to write another chapter on this one, though with all the 'snarky' funny comments and me having newly busted ribs is killing me. keep it up.
MeGkAtHeRiNe chapter 3 . 5/19/2010
very cute!
ab89us chapter 3 . 3/17/2010
Very very cute! LOVE IT!
Arcadya chapter 3 . 3/4/2010
So we don't get the Hotch and Prentiss by-play of Morgan's pick for Reid? I was looking forward to it... :(

Great ending.
Arcadya chapter 2 . 3/4/2010
Yes, she was flirting with one man as she tried to determine the identity of another. But she rarely got Hotch all to herself unless they were scoping crime scenes or driving to interviews.

Neither circumstance was known for being conducive to getting your flirt on.

BAH BAR BAH HAR! I loved this section.

and Morgan . . . well that was the same expression Garcia got when she asked if he'd like to see Fraggle Rock on ice - How do you come up with these things?
Arcadya chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
Well, he picked up the sandwich and took another bite . . . probably make a declaration of some kind. I choked in awesomeness here.

I can just imagine Emily doing some kind of victory dance when Hotch leaves the toilet seat up!

'Oh we're so happy, we're so in love, we're just the most awesome couples in the whole wide world!' GIGGLE!

I want a Klingon Valentine's Day card, send me one. You'll have to go on an expedition to find one now!

But now he could see that they were in need of a Step 1.5. This is really gorgeous I love Hotch's thought-processes.
bookworm45 chapter 3 . 3/2/2010
That was really cute, even if I'm kind of late to the review party. ;)
chiroho chapter 3 . 2/25/2010
Okay, trying to slip in a review here before everyone else is up. :)

LOL at the letter of protest to Playboy. What exactly IS the proper wording for that sort of thing? Ah yes, should read the next line. More laughing on my part. Just so you know, my "Dinkum Dictionary" lists 19 synonyms, though I doubt any of them are 'tasteful'.

You are into Emily and muffins, brownies, and sundry other four based foods, aren't you? :)

A stretch list of nine names isn't really a lot, is it?

LOL at Dave leaving a packet of condoms on her desk. Yup, that would be Dave!

See, if Dave sees Emily as the possible daughter he could be proud of, how could he not think of a younger JJ in the same way?

Stupid, repressed, Hotch, making Em think that there is no way he could be interested.

While I know Hotch is trying to make a good day for her here, he really is jumping into the whole flagellation thing awfully quickly.

Definitely sucky thoughts from poor Em. Then again, I guess anyone would when confronted with that thought - pathetic and alone.

LOL at the "second favourite agent" line.

"And JUST as he’s about to apologize and spill his guts the FREAKING MOUNTIES call!" I'm dying here. Seriously.

Of course, Em here is in a LOT of denial.

Stupid Dave! What the heck does he have that he needs to get to Canada so urgently? A little woman on the side?

I think "f'ing Royal Canadian f'ing Mounted f'ing Police" would have a better ring to it. ;)

Oh yeah, Hotch kissing Reid? One for the history books! Though I guess all I have to do is look at the entries for the CM FF awards to see plenty of those stories!

It's not all that gigantic. Though it's a quart as against the regular pint of B&J CD. Bought it myself at BJs not that long ago. Two gallons is a LOT of ice cream to scarf down though.

LOL at "maybe the stress had finally gotten to him"

The little charms are very sweet.

LOL at the "Gideon bought you flowers" line! Obviously making snide remarks at anyone even thinking of G/P. ;)

Okay, so she's known him for six years. Does that make this somewhere around season 8?

LOL at the "grub". Very Em.

Having a wedding ring is like being tagged and released into the wild? ;)

Activities with Emily's tongue would certainly make me lose track of my train of thought for more than a second!

Exactly how big an erection is he going to be getting? A couple of feet? While uncomfortable, all he has to do is slip on his long raincoat or wool coat and nobody would notice. Yes, if he just had his suit on it could be problematic, but with a handy dandy coat available, and he'd have to be wearing a long one so it would go with his suit. :)

Hey, wasn't that my idea? Come on super strong to Emily, then pull the old switcheroo and have her going through case files instead of having sex in Hotch's office? ;)

Nice work on Hotch's part there with hanging the present out there.

LOL at the "free oil change from a gas station". That makes a great present. And that IS a suck-ass gift to give a woman for Valentine's Day.

Been watching Shrek have we?

Morgan isn't into MIT graduates? Very telling!

Emily as Tigger? Seems appropriate somehow.

This is obviously related to the Hotch and Em who knock on Morgan's hotel room door with fake prostitution raids. ;)

Apparently Emily has a very low bad for good Valentine's Days. Poor thing. Not that I really celebrate them myself, but I did give my wife a card and some chocolate.

Oh, way to insult a man's ego! I laughed out loud when I read it as I knew that she was joking, but if it had been me I would have reacted like Hotch. :)

Hotch has a B&J's ice cream sex fetish? Okay then. At least Em won't need to take up yoga!

Most amusing. As I've said before, it's a great little universe.
linelm chapter 3 . 2/23/2010
Love this fic! Well I suppose I love all your fics but specially when you tend to ignore S5. ;) And this was so sweet!
Owl Emporium chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
Aw, this was sweet. (: Great job!
GrissLittleGirl chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
I like it!

It's sweet, it's funny, a little bit OOC for Hotch, but it's Valentine's FGS and I'm buying it!

Very well done!
chiroho chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
LOL at Em's internal cheer.

Reid really HAS been hanging out with Morgan too much! I mean, discussing the measurements of Feb's Playmate? Hello! Not appropriate in a work environment! LOL at the "just a usual day at the office" comment though. I'd hate to think what an unusual day would be like if a usual one involves thinking about complaining to Hef!

*snort* at the Tom Thumb remark.

She's obviously not looking for eyes in the right places/offices. :)

LOLOL at the reasoning behind Emily's momentary dip in IQ. I really am sitting here, laughing. Normally I put "LOL" when I grin, because I'm a little repressed like Hotch, but this time I actually did laugh out loud for several seconds. Fortunately I'm at home.

Nice chant, Em. Guess it worked though.

Snorted again at Em's thought about her not having a spread in Playboy which listed her favourite colour. You really did have Playboy on the brain when writing this. Was that somehow related to your day at work? I think I read somewhere that, at one point, PB did consider a spread in Playboy, but decided against it in the end. No, this is only tangentially related to this review. :)

Boy, they must be high shelves, as Em isn't exactly short.

Isn't it amazing how bad ideas just seem to happen, no matter how much you don't want them to?

Okay, so a crate of paper is about 12" high. So adding 24" to Emily's height, she _still_ couldn't reach the vases? Now someone _really_ didn't want anyone to reach them!

Of course Hotch had an excuse for coming to find Em. ;)

LOL at the "Uh . . . hi".

Hotch really does go fairly quickly to blaming himself, doesn't he? I mean, yes Emily could have got hurt, and it would have been because she was looking to get a vase, but it's not like it would actually have been his fault. I mean that in a serious sense though. Hotch tends to take things fairly personally, and he really would blame himself if Emily got hurt, even if it wasn't at fault. He's just that kind of guy. Makes for an amusing reaction with his panicked reaction though. ;)

How quickly, Mr. Emotionally Repressed becomes a frog's croak. :D

LOL at JJ's voice pointing out that Hotch was holding her longer than he perhaps should have been.

I actually think he's been doing pretty well. Nice card, beautiful flowers.

Poor Em, and the no fraternisation rule. Especially since Hotch is always such a stickler for rules.

Just say it, Hotch! D'oh! Oh well, at least we know there'll be a chapter 3!

The man who has a plan for everything, didn't plan for a vase? Shame on him!

Poor Em. No flowers on VD (which sounds terrible when spelled using just letters) for years. I feel sorry for her.

Ha! Hotch the lawyer raises his head, and finds a loophole to stop himself from lying. Is this how Hotch avoids lying all the time - finding loopholes? Kidding. ;)

Flirting with Hotch just because she has the opportunity. Too funny. Though sad that she doesn't normally get the chance.

Is it really sexual harassment if she flirts with him first? Even if he calls her a "pretty girl"? I say no, but thta's just me. :)

LOL at the "extraneous profiling" comment.

Yes, Em is having a CRAZY day, because she wasn't imagining it!

I keep laughing through here. This time it's at the "dormant libido" comment, and her "physiological" reaction to inhaling his after shave.

Hotch left the boxes in the middle of the floor? He's about to cause another accident! ;)

"bizarro". My old boss who grew up outside Philly used to use that world. Haven't heard that word in years. You sent me back in the way-back machine when you wrote that.

Nice deflection to Crookshanks, Hotch. Ar2 eyou trying to make her sad again?

LOL at Dave having a picture of Em kissing Crookshanks. That is so Dave! Does he spend hours looking at it too?

Nice Boston Irish name there for the new redhead.

Go on, Hotch! Tell Em just how nice an arse she has! See whether that does land you an appointment in HR! ;)

LOL at the minor stroke comment. I don't know that she'd think that, but she may check to make sure he's not running a fever, or that she's actually awake!

Em versus Morgan and Reid is hands down a victory for Em. It's a great conversation though.

Fraggle Rock? Did you ever watch that? It was too young for me by the time it came out, but I remember it. I always preferred the muppets though.

Make a list of suspects. Obviously. It's what profilers do.

I do enjoy this world. XD
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »