Reviews for Buried Deep
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I loved your version way more, I agree, why the downer? Thanks Nicole.
Phx chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Hey there... well you already know what I think. I enjoyed it. I really did not like Dean at the end of the episode. He felt more like John issuing an order to a soldier than a brother, and this helped. I don't blame Dean though, really. I blame the writers for having him come off as uncaring.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Great tag to a great episode. And I hope you’re not Kripke’d – I like the sense of hope you left us with.

Loved your observation that when Sam was high, he wasn’t angry. Puzzled, worried, goofy, happy….but not angry. Too bad it took a chemical high to give him a brief respite from the weight of his supposed destiny. No wonder Dean drinks. :-/

“Sam, your anger doesn’t define you. It’s just part of you, it’s not who you are.” Loved that, too. I just hope, throughout the rest of the season, Dean can help Sam realize how true this is.

Oh and on a completely shallow level, “…a caring, thoughtful geek of astronomic proportions.” M *g* Awesome description of the younger Mr. Winchester.

Fantastic job, as always.

Cheers, Sculls
Ash8 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Hey hun. Great tag. I like that you can write your thoughts in a story. (I had to resort to writing a bit of babble on my LJ!).

But basically. Yes to this. I really liked the ending of the episode, though I know a lot of people felt it wasn't enough (which it never is), but to me Dean's advice was pretty good - for that moment in time. They have a massive job to do and they really can't spend too much of their time wallowing in it. Though if they had the conversation you had here that sure would have helped. :)

They are all over the place emotionally at the moment but I see them taking steps forward. At least by acknowledging the stuff they did it gets it into the open.

Ooh, I've blabbed again. I really loved that episode and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Thanks for this. Wonderful tag. :)

Sofi Stree chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Wow, really lovely story. Now, would it kill Kripke to end ONE episode like that? Just one. Of course, he'd probably burst into flame or something...

I liked seeing supportive Dean again - I miss that guy. Sam has always supported his brother (maybe even too much at times), but I feel we're losing that with Dean. Sad.

I was heartbroken at the end of the episode when Sam was basically begging Dean to just talk to him and help him figure out the mess in his head, and then when Dean pretty much told him to shut up and keep it to himself. I know he meant better than that, and that he feels they don't have time for it, but if they don't make time...

Anyway, what I mean is that I love your story. It's written very smoothly, and you address issues that need confronting.

However, I don't agree with Dean ignoring that one year. Sam is who he is, and part of who he is is who he was...if that makes sense.

Beautifully done! I'm so glad you decided to share it with us. :)

darksupernatural chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I loved the dive into Sam and Dean's head. Very well done my friend.
lelann37 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
oohh, I like.
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I love this story! I am so glad you wrote it! Why couldn't the show have had Dean say this at the end of the episode?

“Anyway, my point is, hopped up on whatever they gave you, you still saw the truth. That I had cracked, and Sam, I had. When Martin and I were trying to figure out what was going on I remembered what you said and that’s how I knew that crazy was the clue. I trusted that my brother, of all people, knew exactly what he was seeing when he looked at me.”

Thanks for writing this!

KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
The car fell silent again, the air hanging much lighter between them. Dean turned out onto the main highway, flooring the accelerator. “Wanna know what I saw when I looked at you?”

The lingering smile fell off Sam’s face and he swallowed hard. “Okay,” it was almost a whisper, tentative and unsure.

Ah...Sammy's wittle face...too sweet the image you gave me. My favorite part.

I was left wanting at the end of that episode! Big, fat empty - wanting.

You filled my empty spot!

Thank you so much for your gift!

sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Hi, Loved this and yes i can see where everyone is coming from with the final thirty or so seconds but personally i think it was an ingenious way of paving the way for the rest of season 5. We all know that Dean hides his feelings behind the biggest, thickest wall ever to have been created and that Sam is a little more open about his feelings which is why he painfully agreed to Dean's 'Are you with me'. He's worried about his brother, for me it was written all over his face.

I also loved that the two of them have now made a pact that they are together, once again the fighting force to be reckoned with.

I feel i'm rambling now so thanks for the tag, loved it. Take care. x
Dianne chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
That was great. Funny thing is, my husband said much of the same thing at the end of that episode. I think I just may refer him to your tag. thanks!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
You've got me thinking there, you know. I think Dean is right. Drunks are usually not any different than they are when they are sober, just a lot less controlled. So if Sam would really be defined by his anger, then he would be even more angry and violent when drunk. Very insightful. Great tag. Hugs, Vonnie
masondixon chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Very good job here. This was missing from the episode but you filled it in. Said just the right thing, just the right way. Thank You.
carocali chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Thanks for posting. There always has to be some kind of reason behind their madness and that last bit was NOT my idea of fun. I like your digging and coming up with a better solution!

Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
This was a great tag to that episode. I think I tend to agree with your husband, the whole episode was good but the last 30 seconds were a downer. This tag really helped. :-)
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »