Reviews for Why Do I Love Thee?
RedStalkingDeath chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Aww, wonderful :] There really is too few fanfics of this :(
guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Lovely story!
HowWonderfulLifeIs chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
These musings are correct in every way, but am I the only one who wishes we had heard more conversations between them before the proposal?
Creed Vs Deadpool chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
This is so, so beautiful. If only Hiddles felt this way about me... :D Very well done!
Meredith chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
They have such a deep connection, their feelings are pure love a they were meant for each other.
Splendidly Sarah chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This is beautifully written, and I wish you would continue on with it!
I-de-BadBad-Wolf chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Very eloquant and beautiful - I enjoyed reading about William and Peggy (I just watched Return to Cranford last night). Thank you for sharing. :)
angelfire east 24 chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
This is beautiful!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
First of all, it's thrilling to see a new Cranfic appear on this site, and especially on a neglected subject: Peggy and William's romance.

Secondly, you convey very well William's coltishness, his modernity, his tendency to question things and think for himself - and also that twinkle in his eye as he contemplates the reasons behind the use of the sidesaddle. His intentions towards Peggy are strictly honorable, but he's still a guy, after all!

Getting back to those honorable intentions, the reader/viewer, ike William, gradually comes to see Peggy's worth.

You give us a nice sense of Peggy's modesty, youth, and awkwardness, but also her decency. I wondered a bit about the expressions "cute" and "sync," and actually looked in Gaskell to see if she used the former. "Sync" is a coinage of the 1920s, so I think Peggy would employ a more quaint term.

But this is a lovely story. You ought to submit it to LadyKatherine's Cranford community.