Reviews for Schadenfreude
ApollinaV chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Love it, love it, love it! This is just so packed with win. The dialogue and voice are absolutely engaging. It's a really marvelous read with so many great lines. 3 AV
tambrathegreat chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Lovely lovely lovely. That's all I can say. Unfortunately, my incredibly ancient computer won't allow me to read your story and watch videos at the same time. I am off to do that next.

Vagina wigs from cat pelt. I knew there was a use for those creatures. That had me laughing. I love the way you write the banter between these two. It's very fresh and entertaining.
BarnOwlJareth chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
"I’m glad you had the good sense to employ a sheet with a hole cut in it and complete, stygian darkness as I recommended."

Love it.

I laughed so hard during parts of this story I had to keep rereading the parts I missed, due to the physical convulsions I was going into.

The links to songs were a brilliant idea as well. I... don't know if I could have run back to my rooms the way Hermione did, if I'd heard Snape playing like that. ;)
DragonflyRyder chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Love it. The music was an incredible addition(coming from an avid music lover )write more soon please
miscmis chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I'm tickled by your story, imagining Snape doing windmills and just being a normal disaffected teen who definitely needed a creative outlet. Though I can't decide whether to picture him dressed as more of punk wannabe or glam rocker. (I'm guessing with the synth, they weren't aiming to be punk purists.)

And Hermione's glee turning into guilt is spot on in how fickle one's emotions/neuroses/insecurities can be.

From the descriptions of the kitchy swap meet figurines to Hermione's imaginings of Snape refusing fan underwear...your usual humor shines through. I love the sarcastic banter - it has a smidge of that 1940s movie feel - and even the seemingly randomness of the merkin allusions works. (spelling?)

As always, lots of lovely detail to go with the humor and it's great that you have Hermione's apprenticeship dragging on year after year. A nice touch and congrats on another great piece.
Persevero chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Love it, love it.
etherian chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
This was very enjoyable. You described the "magical" change in Snape from Potions Master to guitarist very well. It is what I see happens to my brother who goes from acerbic goofball into a master of the strings when he is playing.

Exquisite writing!
azulkan2 chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Great story, fantastic music. Thanks for both.
lilly bet chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I love the story it is very sweet. I would love to read more. Keep up the good work.
christev chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
DGrrl,

I just love your sense of humor, and was eager to dive into a new fic of yours. This didn't disappoint, with the description of the album cover, the appropriately named group, even the horrific sounds contained in it. I loved the interplay between Severus and Hermione, loved the amount of faux snark with just covered up teasing. I greatly looked forward to the not-a-date, interested in how he would open up to her.

But then. That song. (I'm listening to it again as I type this.) As I imagined Severus playing that song, then playing it to Hermione I started weeping. It was so beautiful, so delicate, and the idea of this beauty coming from him, of him cultivating it, and finally sharing it with her, had me spellbound.

I can totally understand her reaction. I'm only glad of his. This is a gorgeous story. I love seeing such a side to Snape, seeing Hermione go digging for it, and him allowing her, even wanting her to come looking. Thank you!
celtictrinityknot chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I very much enjoyed this
brandi1498 chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I absolutely LOVE this story, I went to youtube and listened to the 2 videos, WOW is all I can say,, I can so envision Severus pouring his emotions into music like that, gave me chills...Well done with this, it is so saved!
MollysSister chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
First of all let me tell you tootsie pop that I was in need of one story where H or S is musical. THANK YOU for writing this. Now I can finish up that quiz. Maybe I'll have to give you a list of stories I need and you can write them to order?

There were many many things that put a smirk on my face. Here is a small list:

1. "tepid" is the most perfect word to describe a relationship with Neville. Also there is "ew"

2. Teeth whitening is a side effect of a potion my tail feathers!

3. Of course all the Weasleys would eat like a pack of wolves. Thank you for bringing Ginny down several food splotches err pegs

4. Of course Severus detected the glamour on her. Crafty devil.

5. Only baby death eaters! Aw its almost sweet

Thank you D-girl you rock as always!
wsanders chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Aww what a cute fic. The image of Snape playing a guitar is priceless.
MoreThanSirius chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Wow! You sucked me right in with Hermione's glorious find at the swap meet and set me up right along with her! I had the same low expectations that she did when arriving in Snape's quarters. I felt the same astonishment at his talent and the same humiliation at underestimating him. Schadenfreude with a twist.

"Severus leaned back in his wingback chair, one leg draped over the arm, guitar in his lap, plucking out the Tempestad. His shirt was untucked and misbuttoned, and his hair ruffled around his shoulders, made messy from the last thirty minutes tangled around my hands."

I shall be forever indebted to you for that image, my dear.

~Sighs contentedly.~