Reviews for Between Sky and Sea
Cyrom chapter 1 . 4h ago
Dea you never fail to impress me, hope to see you write more stuff.
Reader chapter 3 . 12/15/2014
I don't support slash stories, unless they're amazing. This story is amazing.
kaisoo12 chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Wow. This made me feel something. Something big.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/15/2014
I swear to God you were put on this earth to torture people in the sweetest ways possible. This story was beautiful and perfect. It makes me wish that Draco and Harry could be together in the traditional happy ending while also knowing that that kind of ending on this story would be wrong.
AlwaysSlytherin chapter 3 . 2/22/2013
That was… amazing.

You are an outstanding author. Wow.
xo
Eva chapter 3 . 11/9/2012
Ugh this broke my heart and made me feel uplifted. It's a lovely masterpiece, and you're a brilliant author. I salute you.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
Their time will come, not now, but in the future they will be together. There is hope at the end of a long dark tunnel.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
Poor Narcissa. She must feel as though she had lost everything that gave her life meaning.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Oh wow, both of these boys sound so broken down in their own heads. It is a beautiful way to portray their own mental form of exile from the world -beautiful in a sad, tragic way
xFutureDreamingx chapter 3 . 8/18/2011
Awww that was lovely and sweet :3 Such a beautiful story that made sense, and yet did not make sense at the same time, which was perfect! :) xx
DELETED ACCOUNT 9876543421 chapter 3 . 6/12/2011
He wants to work like a Muggle, live like a Muggle, be a Muggle.

I feel so bad for Draco. It's so sad, and heart-wrenching. The paragraph alone carries so much loneliness.

She says nothing but Harry can tell she doesn't want them there. She wants his grave to look pretty all the time.

That's so metaphorical...like saying, beauty isn't perfect; beauty is flawed, and you should accept that, because it's what makes beauty beauty.

Draco closes his eyes and listens to the silence and it scares him in the same way it assures Harry.

Loved that. And how Harry always has such simple statements, replies, to everything.

Draco sees Harry everywhere now.

He doesn't notice Draco. He doesn't notice anyone. He drifts through the world like a tattered leaf, making meaningless patterns, spiralling away to destinations unknown.

I loved the symbolism in that, and all the metaphors.

A little closer to earth.

So sweet, tragic, harsh.

If Harry closes his eyes and just lets himself go, he can see his heart, still and silent in his chest. His chest does not rise and fall. His pulse slows as though his blood is treacle.

That's...amazing. I can feel the melancholy, the tragedy, the horror. He wants to die. But you manage to put that one thought so beautifully, not actually stating it. Like poetry.

He tells Ron he understands why he did it.

I'm not going to quote that section, but it's so sweet, and sad, how you had Harry talk to Ron even though he was dead, and had him imagine an answer (and you've probably fallen asleep by now.)

Draco falls into conversation as easily as falling asleep in his childhood bed. The two Malfoys talk long into the day.

The lesson of forgiving. I love how you slowly led us to this point. And Harry knew that Draco needed to have this conversation.

The ending...I think I'm going to cry. It's so sad.

Your fics take ideas from real life; coping after a war, dealing with losses...and apply them to HP.

I think, if you rewrote it to apply to people in the muggle world, you could publish it. Maybe you could write it as a poem and publish it. I love it, so sad there isn't more.

So, hope you haven't been bored to death by this review.
DELETED ACCOUNT 9876543421 chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
This is beautiful, again. You write so well.

Harry Potter was walking into the ocean every day to die.

I love how had Draco come to that realization. I love how you write Harry slowly falling apart, not caring about anything. How he replied, "oh," to everything Draco said. This is amazing. Luna's postcard was so...deep, and so like Luna. And I just love this, because it's so deep and tragic:

He needs to listen to them, to fill the parts of his mind that aren't there anymore. The parts that used to be able to make idle gossip and think stupid little thoughts and smile when people wanted him to and everything else that used to be ordinary and lovely.

"It's nice, isn't it," he says. "They think of us as Dumbledore's children. I like that." This...so deep, you write the harsh reality of life, and of how, when things become too much, people break...they smile, haunted, and die. (Don't know why I wrote that; doesn't even make sense.)

But Narcissa never tells her son or her husband her observations. She simply waits. And now, alone and waiting in a dusty manor, she knows with a mother's instinct that Draco is lost to her forever.

That's so sad, tragic, and harsh. I love how you write Narcissa's thoughts. IC, and beautiful.

The section about "Divine" is deep, as well. It's like...Harry feels like the world isn't real, like nothing's real anymore. It's a little scary.

He never makes much noise. Silence reigns.

Another beautiful section. Eloquent. Flowing. Metaphorical.

And still he is in darkness.

That's so tragic and forceful.

But he was dragged instead by rough hands onto clammy sand, back into a grey world, and he doesn't know whether he should hate Draco Malfoy or not.

That section was beautiful, too. Sorry if I'm sounding repetitive. I love this fic.
DELETED ACCOUNT 9876543421 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Wow...full of beautiful metaphors, symbolism, your writing is...exquisite. Lovely. It's poetic, and I love it. It's melancholy, tinged with hope, and harsh reality.
Nihtingale chapter 3 . 4/21/2011
Sedimental and with hope. Feels too beautiful to be true, yet with a taste of unfulfillment of reality.
harri123 chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
this is shockingly beautiful, you are so talented!