Reviews for Something Borrowed, Something Blue
anonymouth chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I actually "aha'ed" at the end - Arabella!

I adore this story, and for Xenophilius to be the only witness, well, it sort of highlights the fact that life-changing moments are not always heralded by armies and the like!

I love your Muriel - very down-to-earth with her musings about Molly and Fleur, and how brave of her to decide not to marry, after all, and without the tears and drama.

And Dumbledore...he seems to instigate a lot of hurt and anger for someone professing to be working for the greater good. Poor Augusta.

Nice job :)
Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
I read Kelly's story last night and loved it, so I thought I'd read this... Saying I love it too is an understatement. I think it's going to be my favourite among your stories. It's really well-written, with touches of humour. It has completely changed my picture of Muriel. I'll have to reread the part about her in DH. Arabella, what a great idea! The whole story, the way you interpreted Kelly's mention of the verret under Muriel's chair, is a great idea. Xeno is lovely.

Reading this after your earlier stories, I can appreciate how much your writing has developed. Uitstekend. (I used to speak Dutch a long long time ago, but it was never as good as your English.)

Verrets can be quite useful. I wish there were more around...
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Wow. I actually -liked- Muriel. And Xeno! Haha!
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
I'm sure I don't need to say that I love this story, but I will anyway. What a wonderful job you do with Auntie Muriel; you've made her full and real and fun. I liked her in DH; I adore her here. And such a clever idea, to give the tiara backstory; it's part of my personal canon now.

Great lines:

/Trust Molly to get all maudlin and sentimental. And to get it utterly wrong/

Hahaha - I love your Molly.

/that Fleur sounded all right, for a foreigner/

A perfect IC detail

/The Grindelwald-days were gone for long enough to get some sort of normality back. And remembered well enough to be truly grateful for small pleasures./

Sets the tone and situation so well - lets us know that this fic will be nuanced, that your Muriel will be thoughtful and not the wacky-old-lady caricature of canon.

/What was his name again? Sylvan? Something nature-like/

Ha!

/the elegant Madam Malkin bag/

Great detail; glad Madam M's is "elegant"

/That last thought ran through her like a knife, unexpected, painful, revealing. Cutting straight to the core./

/I wanted more. I got so much less/

Argh - so terse and Augusta-like, to use just a few words to say, basically, everything

Excellent job. Love the history of it all, the way it fits so perfectly into those untold canon stories.