Reviews for Home
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Great story. It's an interesting look into Crane's thoughts and how he can't let go of the past. He'll always be haunted by what his great-grandmother did to him.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Why oh WHY doesn't this have any reviews? Sylvia, this story is phenomenal. Your use of body language was exquisite, the imagery was strong, the setting was clear and you showed a very vulnerable side of Dr. Crane without being heavy-handed or spelling it out. You were mostly good about avoiding awkward repetitions, though if I'm /really/ nitpicky there might've been a slight overuse of "the" in the opening lines (not that it spoiled my read by a long shot-I didn't even notice until going back). Your concluding scene and line with the crows were very poetic and, in an odd way, really sad to me. Maybe because you made so clear in this fic how much Jon is still being affected by past events. I'm curious how much of this is his own doing, going back to remind himself of things that might be better forgotten. Or is he trying to overcome his history, maybe trying to convince himself that he's already done so only to be proven wrong at the aviary? Anyway, very psychologically interesting and very well written. :-) Awesome job!