Reviews for Dehatterfying the Mad Hatter
RinnRin chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
Oh that made me laugh so hard! I was always curious why his hat was so big, but I never thought something would be under it! Oh that was genius writing! A toast to the madness!
jjhatter chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
New tea? $10

Dormouse-related hilarity? $50

An ending that fittingly degies comprehension? Priceless.

For everything else, there's Wonder-card.

I rate this story: 10/10!

Sincerely yours,
J.
xXyumpancakesXx chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
I love how Alice just blurts, "Is it because you're bald?" xD it brings so many memories from my childhood...
I love love love love /LOVE/ how you wrote the story! It really felt like reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland itself!
And I died laughing when the hatter just /had/ to pull a cake out in the end... xD You are genius... So genius.
HowlynMad chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Heh, I like them ganging up on the Hatter to see what he's hiding under there... a portal makes complete sense. Well, maybe not sense as we are talking about Wonderland here.
Nitrospira chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Your writing style is simply amazing. The interaction between young-Alice and the Hatter was nicely done and you stayed so true to their character! I hope to see more works like this in the future :)

x. Ara
FreaksWillRule chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Oh so that's why his hands were staind and bandaged.
Isabel chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Yet another great story. You write the Mad Hatter and Alice so well in whatever form they inhabit be it Disney or your own charecterization. I think I shall try to use the word dehatterfy in every day life.

Your writing style is very good. You describe wonderland well and the characters personality. I especially love the end where they celebrate their undeniable madness. It sounds like something they would actually do with them all being as mad as an Alice.

Looking forward to another wonderful story from you.

Isabel
Kerauno chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
so there is a portal beneath hatter's hat! i, personally, would have kept an iguana beneath my hat. well, at the time.
Kittie Darkhart chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Ah! Now that I finally have a chance to read this, I daresay that the logical thing for me to do is to write this review chronologically. Well, it makes sense for me, anyhow, since my logic is somewhat skewed. *_*

But indeed, the opening itself hints at Disney’s song ‘Golden Afternoon’—a very nice opening to that which transpires later on! I also love how you open the story, as it leads into where Alice is currently at table with the March Hare, Dormouse, and Hatter. The description of Alice’s features, as well as her present irritation with the sunlight hurting her eyes and the myriad of dirty teacups and china paints a very vivid portrait that instils a most wonderful, if not tangible, image of Wonderland in the reader’s mind.

I also love this new, ‘mad’ experiment of the March Hare and Hatter’s! ‘It’s alive!’ says the Hatter. Classic! I also love the phrase, after Hatter makes everyone—including Alice—switch places: ‘Then again, their methods were mad and Alice was forced to comply with such madness.’ A perfect turn of phrase right there! Very Carrollian, I daresay! I also like how Alice views her present companions, in their appearances and style of dress. The thought about Mercury and Venus, and Alice’s confusion on which her sister meant was also, most amusing. That is absolutely Alice, right there! (Film pun greatly intended!)

Alice’s curiosity is also getting the better of her in this, as well. Wondering what lies ‘underneath’ the Hatter’s hat, for shame! And then the admission of Hatter being clumsy at times…I do so enjoy being made privy to Alice’s thoughts; they are certainly amusing! And I have to confess that I laughed—rather madly, I might add—when Hatter asked ‘why’ Alice was staring at him for so long. Her being a mere twelve-year-old girl is not lost on him, either! I simply loved reading how he would ‘reconsider’ Alice in a couple of years. He is so naughty! So wonderfully thought-provoking! I love him so! And of course, Alice is affronted; or, at least, feels that she must show affront. The manners of a monkey…what a sweet, lovingly hateful way to describe someone! But then, monkeys may be affronted by Alice’s conclusion on the Hatter’s so-called ‘manners’. But the anger and embarrassment in that pent-up little statement of a thought… There. That is it. Because, in truth, it would be something grand if this discussion is, actually, brought up in a couple of years! (Wink! Wink!)

The allusion to Hatter ‘murdering’ Time was also pleasant to see! The Dormouse’s confusion of the Hatter being a ‘Dormouse murderer’ was also, beyond ridiculously funny! Gotta love the Dormouse, for always being out-of-touch with the present conversation in hand!

And I have to say right now that, the word, Dehatterfy, should, very well, go into the OED (Oxford English Dictionary), and even Webster’s Dictionary. You know, dash it all, that word ‘should’ be in ‘every’ dictionary, and thesaurus, too! Dehatterfy. I am so going to use that word, when next I feel the urge to remove someone’s hat!

The March Hare’s conclusion to dehatterfy the Hatter is absolutely, insanely brilliant. Only bad things shall come of his proposition, to be sure, in taking the Hatter’s hat by force. But then, Alice ‘and’ the March Hare’s curiosity would never be sated. And of course, they would just have to make themselves suspicious in Hatter’s eyes. I do so love how he notes how Alice is lying to him. How perceptive a madman can be!

The little tumble from the table has to, seriously, be one of the parts in this story. I could honestly imagine the March Hare on poor Hatter’s back, whilst Hatter is trying, rather desperately, to keep himself from falling on top of Alice. Indeed, for this to be a story without romance, you certainly have some very engaging Alice/Hatter moments! I, honestly, cannot wait until she is older. What will Hatter do then, if such another little ‘tumble’ occurs, and he finds himself staring into the eyes of a young woman and not the little girl he thinks he knows so well? That would certainly be, a most awkward situation, to be sure! It would be so cute and innocent, though! But I am digressing, and my thoughts are getting away from me.

For indeed, I simply love what happens after all three right themselves! Hatter ‘finally’ gets an explanation for all of the goings on around them, and realises that Alice and the March Hare’s bizarre interest in his hat is something he had, surely, never anticipated. I also love the conclusions Alice and the March Hare draw, with Hatter possibly hiding his baldness or there being a portal in his hat. It could be neither; it could be both. The possibilities are endless! Or rather, the possibilities come down to about four. Logically, I think.

But at least the mystery of what resides beneath Hatter’s hat is finally revealed. Now, the Dormouse can live without fear in the knowledge that Hatter is not a ‘mass murderer’, and Alice and the March Hare finally see where their curiosity has gotten them—that is, before Hatter takes out a ‘chocolate cake with candles’ from under his hat, in order to celebrate their madness. That was classic right there, in his explanation that ‘nothing’ had been there at the time, when Alice and March looked. And then the March Hare just ‘has’ to tackle Hatter again, to see what other things reside in the ‘portal’ he claims is there! Oh, that was a fantastic ending, certainly!

Indeed, it is a fantastic story altogether, and quite original, too! This shall certainly be going onto my favourites. Oh, this was simply marvellous! I loved it!

I do so hope to see more of your genius work soon!

Until next time!

— Kittie

P.S. And lest I forget, I find your Hatter similar to both Disney and Bri-chan’s Hatters. Actually, your Hatter greatly reminded me of both, most especially in how you use Disney’s description of Hatter, and then combine it with Bri-chan’s happy, playful, and overly flirty Hatter. I think it a wonderful combination in all counts, as I simply love how you portrayed him in this. I would even venture to say that I should love to see a follow-up to this story, in which Alice, being a couple of years older, remembers that which the Hatter implied in his ‘reconsidering’ her. That would be a most interesting conversation, should such be brought up! ;D
Labmama chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
LOVE THIS

Thats one of my favorite vids too.

"shrine to Alice" lol
pendras cornielius chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
i saw the vid about what the hatters hat. i giggled through the whole thing. rofl for the march hare lunging for the hat.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 1/27/2010