Reviews for The Price of Playing Ilona
Guest chapter 12 . 12/13/2015
Ooh I forgot. Which Mircea did Vlad name his youngest after? He had two brothers called Mircea. One was a bastard child from one of his father's mistresses. And then there was his brother, Mircea II, who ended up betrayed by Boyars, eyes burned out by a red hot poker before he was burried alive at the age of 18-19.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/13/2015
I have to point out that some of your research is wrong.

A. Ilona only ever had two children. Not three. Never three. She had Vlad whom Vlad III called Tepelus (Little Impaler) and Mircea (A disputed name). She was the stepmother to Mihnea, which will get to here in a sec. I don't know where you got such false information from, but I am letting you know it is wrong.

B. There is no documentation of Vlad having a first wife. It is likely he had a mistress, but as there is no proof regarding a first wife... You can't really say he had one. However, whoever the mystery woman was to Vlad, she was the mother of his first born Mihnea. When Vlad married Ilona, she became his stepmother. Thus three children.

C. Vlad's older brother Vlad IV Calugarul took the throne after Vlad. Mihnea would push his cousin off the throne and rule. His son, Mircea III would rule after him and try to erase Mircea II name to use as his own.

D. Vlad's son Mircea was the youngest, I doubt he was nine months younger than his brother, probably younger. He died at a real young age due to a terminal illness. Worse part was, he died in front of his own mother upon returning to her.

E. Vlad and Mircea did not spend as much time with Ilona as you think. Vlad spent a great deal of time with the King of Hungry and Mircea was sent to a Bishop that I can't remember the name of because don't have my notes on me.

F. Your time line is questionable. Understandible but questionable.

Please get your facts right.
den123456 chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
You lost me the moment you had Alucard use the phrase "what in gods name". This is a character who is explicitly stated to have abandoned god, and having them say that shows just how little you understand about any of the characters.
themisticmist2000 chapter 12 . 9/9/2015
This is the most best alucard X Integra paring story ever!
Guest chapter 6 . 2/28/2015
Hell yes she should go out to war lol I'm surprised she hasn't died of boredom in the castle yet! xD
Hope she doesn't forget to pickup a sword on the way...
Guest chapter 2 . 2/28/2015
Ohh yes, should have skipped the crappy intro and gone strait to this :D
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
mh duno, this just revealed way too much of the plot for no particular reason...
* there was no need for us to know the witch's plans or damning conversation beyond that she spent time preparing and activating some spell
* need some build up on Alucard suddenly going all emo for a week, eg. a yearly anniversary, and even then that does not explain why he suddenly decides to angst about it now and in such a demonstrative manner that it gathers concern and pity

:P
Natalea Frost chapter 12 . 8/11/2013
This was such a great fanfic. One of the best I've read in a long time actually. I love the mixing of historical events with Integra as Ilona. For anyone whose never fully understand his human side this really makes Alucard all the more interesting. Really you can sense in the OVA, and the manga especially there is something there something that goes beyond time itself. Your idea of Incognito being Radu also was a refreshing idea, and also asks the question of why was he obsessed with Alucard to begin with. Now I move onto the sequel.
Fireminer chapter 12 . 6/10/2013
It has been one heck of a ride! Hope you will produce more great works like this in the future! Gonna read the sequel now!
theInsaneArtist chapter 9 . 12/21/2012
I believe Mircea is actually one of his son's name. I know it was the name of one of his other older brothers.
bakapock chapter 12 . 9/10/2012
i realy, realy love your fiction...
FadedPhoenixTrappedInThorns chapter 12 . 8/10/2012
YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE SEQUAL SOON! I LOVE THIS STORY!
Evanescently chapter 12 . 7/21/2012
I had a feel that Integra would be pregnant, but not from any activities between her and Alucard upon her return to him; from her and Vlad all those years ago. That's prolly because I know his life and am constantly looking things up for my own story x)

I thought it was a very interesting ending. Normally I don't understand nor do I try to comprehend a story that has Integra with child, but this chappie necessitated it to be so. I think my favorite part was prolly when you're explaining Radu the Handsome fleeing off to Africa in search of a whispered rumor of some nameless ritual or black sacrament (whichever you call it) that could possibly alter his fate. It sounds delicious. That whole paragraph I could tell you had poured meaning into it.

Interesting that you would redeem Alucard/Vlad and tap into his human feelings once more, but I'm glad that this story has it. Wish the fight was longer, but alas, fight scenes are gruesomely difficult to write.

Way to end it, and good job on inputting some Romanian. (If you ever need assistance in translating things, just let me know. I ask my cousins who live in Romania to translate sentences for me)

You're writing a sequel!

-Ev
love freak 666 chapter 12 . 5/20/2012
are you going to still write daughter of the dragon or have you canceled that project please reply

signed

love freak 666
Morana chapter 12 . 5/4/2012
I loved the story and I can't wait to read more of your lovely creations. One tiny little problem...there are mistakes in the Romanian translations. It should be: Vino, frate, să terminăm odată! Numai unul va trăi şi celălalt va muri. and: Aşa să fie, frate!

Other than that...Bravo!