Reviews for Playing Favorites
Lisa chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
hi update soon read all the chapters so far good job
NewtoFanfic chapter 4 . 1/29/2010
I agree that the constant use of the nicknames isn't respectful...again the Tony fans/Tony lovers complain that they don't think McGee shows Tony enough respect, but conveniently forget and over look the lack of respect that Tony has shown McGee for 6 years.

McGee by showing remorse, by showing that he's upset at the way he lashed out, proves that he's the better man, that he does have a conscience and it bothers him when he lashes out and hurts people. Something that doesn't phase Tony, he doesn't give two hoots when he hurts McGee or anyone else, as long as he gets his jollies with his antics its A-OK.

Looking forward to hopefully Tony getting set straight, and a HUGE apology forthcoming from Tony.
NewtoFanfic chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
Interesting...once again Tony is totally oblivious, and just like always he as well as the fans who *adore* Tony excuse and always justify his antics. He's such a schoolyard bully, doesn't get and won't admit that he's ever done anything to make the situation worse, and someone like Tony will never have "man up" to tell McGee that he's sorry. Wish Gibbs would've layed into Tony more, he sure as heck deserves it.

And yeah I knew the Tony defenders would come out in full force LOL, and of course like to remind people of the few times McGee has been unkind, while of course totally skating over Tony's behaviour, how he's picked on and bullied McGee for 6 years, that of course is okay cause its Tony just being Tony. And he's so cute, and he's so charming, and he doesn't mean it, and he's so insecure blah blah blah...Tony is nothing but a bully, who enjoys picking at a scab to see if he can make it bleed, then likes to step back and laugh about it, so he can get his jollies.

I really hope Tony gets his. I don't expect someone like him to ever change, don't think he's capable of changing, or that he even cares that what he's done has been been hurtful.
Sick of Tony chapter 4 . 1/29/2010
So McGee feels remorse, he's all sorry and stuff but again Tony gets away with and has turned the tables where the victim is blamed, forget what the perpetrator has done, its all the victims fault. Tony and the Tony lovers have one set of rules for Tony, and second set for everyone else. Tony is a mean-spirited, nasty excuse for a human being and he should be the one forced to say sorry. Which he's never done, he's never manned up and told McGee he's sorry for any of the stupid sh*t he's pulled on McGee.
chelsea1234 chapter 4 . 1/29/2010
Oh come on! How could you stop it there. LOL. was a great chapter :)
smilingT12 chapter 4 . 1/29/2010
Thanks for the chapter, of course now I have to try and figure out what it is Gibbs has to say. Thanks for giving me something to think about besides the rain.
Reagan chapter 4 . 1/29/2010
One thing, McGee should not back down on the stupid nicknames. McGeek, McGoo, McWhiney, and the lot should totally be off limits. If Tony can't call him by his name or speak to him in a respectful manner (none of those names are respectful, neither are 98% of the rest) then he shouldn't speak to Tim at all. I can only imagine all the crap Tim put up with in Middle and High School, just because Tony is an adult doesn't mean he gets to speak to him that way.

I'd have thrown that right back in Gibbs' face and told him in no uncertain terms this is the new way we're doing things. Part of the problem that led to this point was trying to pretend it doesn't bother him. Stand up for yourself McGee, completely and wholly. Don't let the differences between their backgrounds eclipse common courtesy. Because let me assure you if I behaved the way Tony does to a fellow co-worker I'd have been written up for harassment and subsequently fired after a few of those incidents.
Reagan chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
That was pretty fair and balanced all around. I can totally believe Tony has a serious problem with all this being laid at his feet all of a sudden. Why this particular straw broke the camel's back than the previous twenty incidents didn't.

Gibbs also deserves some blame. He never once said enough and Tony took his cue. Heck even Ziva should have stood up for Tim on occasion and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Tim would apologize as though this is his fault. Not to say that blowing up at your co-worker in a public setting is good. He didn't handle it that well either.

So now what? Vance can't let this go. Its bad for the organization and his premier team. Heck sending them out right now would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Keep the chapters coming. I'm really enjoying this scenario.
zats chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
Tim shouldn't have had to say he was sorry. As much as I like Tony he needs to build up Tim not tear him down. Hope to read more.
dakota.doc chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
oh man, you pick the most rottenest spots to stop! Okay hurry and continue. Love it so far.
smilingT12 chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
Nice chapter. Thanks for posting.
SLE chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
I am quite enjoying this story, but was just wondering (and please don't take offence) are you going to ignore the times Tim has been disrespectful to Tony as seen in the show. I guess I'm asking if this is completely AU or if you have a plan to make it sibling rivalry gone too far or a poor Tim scenario!

I am partial to Tony I admit, and at times I do think he's a bit rough on Tim, but there have been times when Tim has been harsh as well.

Not that this will really impact on my reading this story, as it is well written and thus far quite enjoyable.

S
SherryGabs chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
Go Gibbs! Nice dressing down he gave Tony, though Tony sure doesn't seem repentant enough, imo at least. It's just like Tim to feel guilty for showing what he really feels, poor guy. I sure hope Vance gives Tony what he deserves. It would also be like Vance to tear into Gibbs a little bit more for not stopping Tony before this.

Great chapter! Hope to see more soon.
chelsea1234 chapter 3 . 1/29/2010
It's not Tim's fault! I was glad he finally stood up to can't really imagine he's the one in trouble can he? Great chapter! Thanks :)
Rosie chapter 2 . 1/28/2010
I'm too lazy to log in. : )

I was just going to say that you can write, even though I really think that Tony isn't anywhere near as mean-spirited as you describe, and I actually think Tony and McGee are making significant strides toward an equal relationship. But this is something different, and I applaud you for stepping out of the box- even if I very much disagree with your characterization. And don't let anyone bully you out of writing whatever the hell you want.
85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »